PDA

View Full Version : A question about emulators.

Destroyer699
June 26th, 2006, 01:59
Hey everyone. I new to the DS homebrew scene and I have a question. I got the max media launcher/4gig hdd and so far have had no problems. Now im usually good with emulators but I can't figure out how to use them on a ds. I used the max overload program to play a ds rom on it, but I can't figure out how to do other systems. I downloaded the gameboy color emulator DS_GBC and I have a few roms for that system, but I can't figure out how to play them. Can anyone help?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 02:12
DS_GBC:

You need to patch the roms to nds format.

In the DS_GBC folder, make a folder named EXACTLY game.gb

Put a GB or GBC rom into that folder, and execute makeit. It should produce an NDS file and a ds.gba file. Rename the NDS file to the rom's name (for simplicity)AND, after the game's name, put .nds Load it to the player. It should work.

Put ONLY ONE ROM AT A TIME into the game.gb folder. Hope I cleared it up a bit.

READ MY COMIC IN MY SIG!

Nester DS:

You must insert the NES rom into the NDS rom.

Run the Rom Inserter in the Nester DS directory.

Click browse next to the top box, and find nesterds.nds in the Nester DS folder. Then, in the bottom box, use the browse button and select the rom you want to insert into the NesterDS rom. Now, for simplicity, make a new folder called "Nes NDS roms" and then click, in the rom inserter, the "Insert ROM" button. Go back to the Nester DS directory, double click the Nes NDS Roms folder, and in the save rom window (opened by clicking "insert rom") and use the top box to rename the rom with the .nds extension.

Example: I inserted Super Mario Bros. So I would save it in the NES NDS roms directory as SuperMarioBros.nds

DO NOT FORGET .nds!

READ MY COMIC IN MY SIG!

There. Clearer?

Destroyer699
June 26th, 2006, 02:19
Do all gameboy and gbc roms work on the ds or only some?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 02:26
They all should work. I only know what I've tried in Emulators. But none show screens.

So try it.

Could you be so kind as to try these .nds files I made for when I pick up my m3?

Nes-
http://www.badongo.com/file/847950

GB/C- http://www.badongo.com/file/847986

If you don't own the cartridges or base cartridges for hacks, please delete them after a while. Yes, I own these games and their bases.

Destroyer699
June 26th, 2006, 02:30
Sure Ill try them for you. No problem.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 02:31
Hell if you want, keep them. You shouldn't need to max overload them, too.

Tell me instantly if they work.

ESPECIALLY Kid Icarus for NES

Destroyer699
June 26th, 2006, 02:38
The nes roms are working with incredibally hard to see graphics. I don't know about the gb ones yet. Supermariobros3 freezes on level 1.

EDIT: Yeah kid Icearus works

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 02:39
Okay... Hold X and press...A

The scanlines will be removed and it will have better quality. Enjoy them. And how's kid icarus?

If the roms are too tall to see it all, hold X and press Y, it'll be smashed a little but seeable.

And how about the emulation speed?

Destroyer699
June 26th, 2006, 02:49
Ok thanks. The gb roms are wierd though. After they launch the words noeflash at the top are fine but the bottom is really glitchy.

The speed is good on them. The music is slow on alot of them though.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 02:53
Weird, I have no idea. Might eb the NDS file format? Well how's the NES emulation speed?

WILL YOU ENJOY THEM?

DID YOU READ MY COMIC?!?! =P

Destroyer699
June 26th, 2006, 02:54
Yeah they are really good.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 03:02
When I get my 512 MB CFC from Ebay, I'm going to try to pick up an M3 CF and PAsscard 3 for $105 then run these bishes.

Gotta love Kid Icarus' music.