PDA

View Full Version : One of my better ideas.

kyle2194
June 26th, 2006, 23:48
How about a 2.7+ flash eboot loader? Now before you say meh, listen to my approach.

1. The client flash application sends the eboot wanted to run to a server.

2. If the server was running pspe (programs can be edited to have better compatibility, like as they were with the Gta exploit) It could then run the eboot program.

3. The client flash application sends the status of the psp controlls to the server.

4. The psp emulator (server) accepts these keys as input, and then sends the screen output and audio to the psp.

5. The flash program shows the virtual screen, and plays the audio.

Im pretty sure the above is possible, but please correct me if im wrong.

yaustar
June 27th, 2006, 00:28
1. Sounds possible. Depends on the psp constraints
2. Needs PSPe to be rewritten as server like program
3. read 2
4. Input possible. Read 2
5. read 2. Bandwidth and speed may be an issue as streaming media tends to have a lag.

I would just skip 1 entirely and have the eboots + files (eg roms) on the server.

kyle2194
June 27th, 2006, 01:41
Hmm. But yaustar, do you think it may be possible?

itaintmefoo
June 27th, 2006, 01:58
wow why didnt some one else think of dat

Crimson_Lotus
June 27th, 2006, 02:28
The PSP would still most likely need something to help it connect correctly through(#2).
The speed would most likely be the greatest constraint.

b8a
June 27th, 2006, 19:55
This is unlikely to be a good solution for playing games for the following reasons:
<ul><li>The PSP Flash player has, at best, a framerate of between 18-24 fps. This is next to inadequate for most native Flash games, so I would imagine that this one constraint alone would make it an entirely unsatisfactory sollution for eboot game applications.</li><li>It can only dynamically load MP3 sound (all of the sound in the eboot, and any content that the eboot would load, would need to be dynamically converted and then sent to the PSP). While you could plan on using a host with monstrous processing capabilities to try and do this in a time efficient manner, you would still be faced with the issue of either a) trying to stream the right MP3 files to the PSP at the right time, or B) trying to keep only the sound files needed at any given time in the PSP Flash player cache. Since you have a maximum Flash page content size of 1.5MB, this would be a challenge.</li><li>The XML socket feature, which allows you to create and maintain a constant connection with a server, isn't available in the PSP implementation. This means that you would then be forced to use slower, much less efficient HTTP request methouds to communicate with the server. This would pretty much kill any hopes of being able to control a server hosted application in real time.</li><li>To my knowledge, besides the digital directional keys, the only other input that the Flash player accepts is the X (mouse click) key. I really don't think you have enough access to the PSP controls to be able to use most, if not all, eboots.</li></ul>

I think this is possible, but indeed, the speed issues would probably make it next to entirely unfulfilling. It wouldn't be a bad sollution for some eboots, but I don't know if there are enough of those types of eboots around to make it worthwhile to even pursue. Not to mention the fact that PSPE isn't even compatible with all eboots to begin with.

Incidentally, is the source code for PSPE even public? I imagine that it would need more than a bit of tweaking to work.

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 20:14
i thought of that before but im not important.
so yeah, flash exploit,has to be same method like the 2.00 method eloader

MaxManning
August 15th, 2006, 01:13
I think 18-24 fps is only possible with very few objects onscreen. You get 4-5 objects onscreen and you aren't going to be getting 18fps. Especially not with collision and other code.

I have some flash games for the PSP, but framerate is a huge issue. For games that don't require good framerate, there is no problem -- I have a card game that is just fine.

I sure hope that the player gets optimized, it would really allow for some great homebrew games.