PDA

View Full Version : What are the cleanest, most polished, best looking homebrew

SuckerPunch
June 27th, 2006, 18:21
I guess this is opinionated, but I was wondering what you guys think are the cleanest most polished homebrews, esp homebrew games

By polished I am referring to everything that happens after you launch the program. The initial loading screen, the main menu, and the game itself. Everything has to look clean, polished, and full screen from the moment you launch the program.

I guess I should be more specific.

I am referring to things like clean opening pictures, full screen menus, and rich colorful graphics.

Here are the most polished homebrews that I know of...

PSPRadio - This is the most polished homebrew I've ever seen. From the moment you launch it, everything, from the opening picture to the menu programs themselves are as polished as can be.

PSPIX - Here's another example of a clean polished program from what I hear atleast.

Beats of Rage - Aside from the fact that the menus aren't full screen, everything about this homebrew is polished.

IRShell - The only thing that doesn't look polished and clean is the opening screen that says IRShell Copyrighted by... on it. The colors on that one screen clash, especially the blue text and the silver, but the program itself once it starts up is very polished.

SnesTyl - The same thing that is said about IRShell can be said about this homebrew.

Here are some homebrews that though fun, aren't polished.

Smashgpsp - The opening pic looks like something a six year old drew, and all the menus are far too small. In the game itself, the graphically occasionally glitch as does the sound.

Super Mario War - Similar to Smashgpsp, the opening pic looks like something someone quickly drew up. And the sprites aren't top notch. They would be better if they were a bit bigger. But overall, the program is very good and fun.

Squarez - Though the game itself is insanely fun, the simplist menus and basic colors aren't much fun.

Now that you guys have a better idea of what I mean by polished, I was wondering which homebrews you guys think are polished. Thanks for your help

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 18:27
well this has been posted alot you could have just looked through the off topic forums to see which homebrew was good

my favs i think are the most polished

-quake
-smashgpsp
-homersrin
-dgen
-uno snes
-lua player
-metal blob solid
-nester j
-colico vision emu by zx-81 (my fav coder)
-daedalus(needs a speed boost but looks promising)
-iris(psmonkey keep it up)

N1ghtshade
June 27th, 2006, 19:20
PSP Sudoku and Open Transport Tycoon

ACID
June 27th, 2006, 19:25
My favotite are

Neo Geo
Neo Geo CD
Mame4All
Nester J
SNES TYL
DGEN
NEC / PC ENGINE

and all of ZX-81 ports

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 20:49
SNES TYL, works way better on 1.50

Shadowblind
June 27th, 2006, 20:51
Nesterj is the fasted and smoothest emulator because it runs such small types of games.

Doom is also very fast and efficiante though it does crash sometimes.

SnoopKatt
June 27th, 2006, 22:20
Spider (the card game) is pretty polished, and it works great too.

hujiko
June 29th, 2006, 09:00
the snes TYL is probably the bes emu for the psp on 1.50 and 1.00 2.xx dosent work as well...oh and squarez is great too