PDA

View Full Version : Help out with neo4all!!! i just cant get it right!

the_great duke
June 28th, 2006, 18:00
I must have wasted some 15 cds already and just cant get it working on my dreamcast( it wont load). so heres every little detail of how i tried to build and burn the image of the neo4all aes emulator with the svc chaos rom.

_ first of all, my computer is a 1.2 ghz pentium, 256 mb ram, 40gb hd, and 32 mb video card with windows xp as operational system.

first thing i converted svc chaos mvs to aes, and no doubt i did it right so i wont put details. second of all i made the structure of the cd with all the essential files, heres how i did it:

Neo4AES/ 1st.read.bin
Neo4AES/ IP.bin
Neo4AES/svcplus.aes
Neo4AES/Neo4ALL(folder with the following files:
background_aes.bmp, beep.wav, colors.txt, loading.bmp, memcard.bin, patch.prg, splash.aes.bmp,startup.bin,text2.bmp,text.bmp,wind ow.bmp)

then i tried to build a cdi image with boot dreams, i got a few errors but i eventually managed to do it and then i tried to burn it with alcohol, both in tao and raw dao, but it didnt work on the dreamcast. after doing the whole process again i used dreamboot(i believe its an older program) to build another image and burned it again with alcohol, but again it didnt worked...after that i tried using nrg images and burning them with nero many times, both with bootdreams and dreamboot but i couldnt get it to work.

note: i tried but i couldnt use the cdrecord mode with boot dreams, it displayed an error mesage when i tried...

i think thats it...i really thing i did everything right, but something must be wrong, and what is it? i apologise for my bad english, im brazilian and not used to writing in english.

any help would be welcome!!!

1stvinicius
June 28th, 2006, 19:01
...folder with the following files:
background_aes.bmp, beep.wav, colors.txt, loading.bmp, memcard.bin, patch.prg, splash.aes.bmp, startup.bin, text2.bmp, text.bmp, window.bmp)

I hope you didn't make a typing mistake...

The name of that file is: SPLASH_AES.BMP

the_great duke
June 28th, 2006, 21:24
no, it was not a typing mistake.in my pc the file is named just like you said : splash_aes.bmp . its not case sensitive is it?

tipo, vc escreveu o nome do arquivo todo em letras maiusculas, no meu pc tá tudo em minusculas...

????

é bom ter um cara brasileiro para ajudar, fica bem mais fácil!! sou de Uruguaiana RS, bem na fronteira com a Argentina!!! enfim dá uma mão que tá dificil fazer esse negocio funcionar! será que vc não poderia me passar uma imagem pronta? já estou prestes a desistir de fazer a minha...ficaria mais facil...

1stvinicius
June 28th, 2006, 23:38
ENGLISH

Man, I don't know if non-englis conversations are allowed here so i guess it's better for us to talk in english too. All right, now lets go back to the topic:

No, the files are not case sensitive. Maybe you're using a corrupted IP.BIN or maybe your 1STREAD.BIN is unscrambled (you must use the scrambled one in order to get a selfbootable disc).

If you're absolutely sure of making everything strictly right, then i have, at this moment, no more ideas of what's going on.

All I can tell you for now is that i verified everything and verified again, and over and over before burning the disc using a CDI image. I also remember that i didn't get errors while the bootdreams was making the image. After getting the image ready I burned it to a cdr-w to see if all the content was ok and after that, burned it to a regular cdr. If I remember anything else I'll post here.

PORTUGUESE:

Cara, não sei se são permitidas conversas em linguas diferentes do inglês então acho melhor escrever nas duas línguas pra que não sejamos banidos. Mas beleza, vamo ao que interessa:

Não, os arquivos não são case sensitive. Talvez seu ip.bin esteja corrompido ou então vc tá usando um unscrambled 1st.read.bin (pra ser self-boot vc tem que ter o scrambled).

Se vc tem ABSOLUTA certeza de que fez todo o resto RIGOROSAMENTE certo, não tenho, por enquanto, mais nenhuma idéia do que possa ser...

Posso te dizer que verifiquei tudo várias vezes (também perdi alguns discos) antes de passar pro cd usando uma imagem CDI. Lembro também de não ter tido erros durante o processo de formação da imagem pelo bootdreams. Depois que a imagem foi feita, eu a gravei pra um cdr-w pra ver se o conteúdo estava ok e só depois passei prum cdr normal. Se eu lembrar de mais alguma coisa eu posto aqui.

the_great duke
June 29th, 2006, 04:34
maybe the problem is with the 1st.read.bin just like youre saying... but how do i know if its scrambled or unscrambled? and about the corrupt IP.bin...how can i check it? it was bootdreams who made this file for me...

Christuserloeser
June 30th, 2006, 13:56
Perhaps you're right, if everyone would post in their native language, these forums would be impossible to read for anyone... ^^

To me it's pretty okay if you guys type in Portoguese tho, as long as you also post an English translation... but then again it would be impossible to check for the mods and to track down on what you guys really are talking about.

Duke - I posted an reply to your initial post a while back:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15957

Anyway, I prepared a package for you that should help you with burning your Neo4All disc:

http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelopment/large/CE/Neo4All-Starter-Kit-v1.zip

Hope it helps.

the_great duke
July 1st, 2006, 21:14
thanks a lot christuserloeser!!! i think i just found out that the problem is in the burning process... i tried to burn the neo4all test image with discjugler and with alcohol( tao mode) and the the dreamcast wont read it!!( it does a really loud sound of reading thats it). i have already sucessfully dowloaded and burned 2 images :scummvm and dchakker, and i had no trouble with any of them...what can i be doing wrong?

Christuserloeser
July 1st, 2006, 22:33
Sounds like you're using CDRWs or something. You can only use CDRs.

It could also be possible that it's your Dreamcast that's getting old and tired (I mean the laser)... Does DCHakker still boot ?

the_great duke
July 1st, 2006, 23:44
no, no for sure. im using 700 mb migra cd-r. the dchaker still boots, and i got many burned games and etc, plus some 20 gds and they all run fine.the lens are just fine, im the one whos geting old and tired trying to make this thing work, it must be some voodoo or something :D :D :D . anyway i still got 3 cds left to burn and if i dont get it, i will give up...i had enough of it.i will try giving more details and see if you can figure something out: before i burn an image with alcohol, i get the following feedback: the cd has 2 sessions and 2 tracks...is that how a dc cd must be?i also tried to make image and burn it out of that folder among your files(Neo4allCE).but to no avail...im was really surprised that the test image didnt work when i burned it and it turns out im just perplex...im waiting for your sugestions to try to burn it again( last times) if you also give up on figuring whats wrong just post the info. and anyway im really thankfull for you trying to help out. that was nice of you.

the_great duke
July 1st, 2006, 23:57
also, is there somewhere where i can get a image for neo4all cd?or i have to make my own image just like aes?perhaps i should give up on aes and try this one out...

Christuserloeser
July 2nd, 2006, 00:08
The /Neo4All_CE/ folder in my package contains the complete set of NeoGeo emulators for DC. There's Neo4All/AES, Neo4All/CD and NeoDC plus an inofficial update of Neo4All/CD with a special button layout for PS2 controllers.

On your problems: I can't really figure out what's wrong, but I recommend two things for now.

At first do not waste more of your remaining three CDRs for this and get yourself a new package of CDRs.

You should buy 700MByte/80min CDRs - to test if they're good, take them out of the package and hold them against a bright light source. If you can look through them, they are'nt exactly good manufactured. The less you can see through them the better they are.

I'll have a look and see if I can find your problem and report back later what you could do.

the_great duke
July 2nd, 2006, 00:21
i guess the cds are good, i can barely see through them, really. about the test image, you burned it and tested on a dreamcast right?how exactly did you burned, did you do it with alcohol? if not could you try it? also, i was thinking...maybe theres a program or something to test if the image i create is fine and if it would work on the dreamcast...i would like this program very much...

1stvinicius
July 2nd, 2006, 01:15
Man, im getting desperate for you... How many homebrew did you burn before? What your dreamcast shows after the dc logo? Does it go to the music screen or show the sega logo? The new release of bootdreams is ready to be downloaded... You should try it and you also should read this tutorial again (I suppose you already did): http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/Neo4All-AES

Christuserloeser
July 2nd, 2006, 12:22
about the test image, you burned it and tested on a dreamcast right?

Actually not. I just did and it really didn't work (dunno what I did wrong, must have been sth very stupid)! I am VERY sorry!

Just download again - I uploaded a bugfixed version with a tested + working AES4All-Test-Disc.cdi. The link is the same.

Sorry.

the_great duke
July 2nd, 2006, 17:23
alright, abou the test image...it comes with any games? can i put some aes games on it?or can i burn a cd with games and then swap disks? i dowloading it know( really slow computer and internet) please give me this info before i burn it ok? thanks!!:D :D :D

the_great duke
July 2nd, 2006, 17:27
hum...Vinicios, maybe, just maybe, if i dont get to burn this thing and give up, maybe you can burn it to a cd and ship it to me, i would pay the costs of the cd and shipping( carta comun, really cheap, about 3,00 R$). what do you think? just in last case!

And what about or national soccer team? that damm fat Ronaldo and that stupid Parreira.they had it coming!!! :D

the_great duke
July 2nd, 2006, 17:42
ah great...now i cant dowload your neo4all starter kit, it seems the link is briken or something, the file is 26 mb and i get only 160 kb out of it!! can you check it for me? im on the lookout...just want to get this working once and for all...

the_great duke
July 2nd, 2006, 18:19
i burned the test image(the new one) with alcohol in tao mode and guess what: it didnt work again :mad: ...2 cds left, again the dreamcast this an incredible lou and weird sound and cant read it... i just tested the scummvm and th dchakker, they both work fine and read fast and with" normal" noises...im geting really mad at this neo4all

1stvinicius
July 4th, 2006, 00:45
Our team? They really sucked since the beginning of the championship... They thought France was like Gana and because of that they had their butt kicked out of the WC :mad:

About the neo4all: send me an e-mail so we can talk in portuguese [email protected]

Christuserloeser
July 5th, 2006, 00:31
So you could download the new one ?

http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelopment/large/CE/Neo4All-Starter-Kit-v1.zip

mtLupin
August 23rd, 2006, 05:37
cool my first post >> <<... anyways im having trouble
i know how to do everything els except convert the danm things to aes.i downloaded the bin file but it was corupted or somthing so i cant extract them. wier do i get healthy files that work???it seems as if nobody knows.

Christuserloeser
August 26th, 2006, 17:15
What exactly was/is 'corrupted or something' ?

Try redownloading whatever it was and unrar it with the latest version of WinRAR.

My starter kit includes all you need to convert your MAME/NeoRageX ROMsets to .AES (including the latest prefetches and an updated ROMRC) - look for 'ncGui.exe' in /AES-Workplace/Convertneo/ (and place your zipped games in there too).

anthony_dream
March 5th, 2007, 20:47
English : Try bootDreams
ITS EASY TO USE....This program is used for make Dreamcast Images...
YOu can make a lot of images"nero, CDI, ISO, and even burn games in CDI"

Portugues:
Usa o bootdreams
eh facil de usar...vc pode fazer varias images como nero, CDI, ISO a ate queimar os jogos...

Shoometsu
March 5th, 2007, 21:46
first of all: put 1st_read.bin, ip.bin, and neo4all folder in the cd root, not inside another folder, as you are doing (at least that's what I understood that you are doing)

i suggest you to use selfboot inducer v4 (http://sbibuilder.dc-france.com/download/?idsys=2&idcat=15&idfile=115). just put all the files inside the "Inducer" folder that will be created during installation (it'll be the cd root folder), open selfboot inducer, select menu type "sbi2boot" and click in the discjuggler or nero icon, the cd image will be created and'll be ready to burn.