PDA

View Full Version : PSPVBA: GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP v1.0.2 (speed)

zx-81
June 28th, 2006, 21:56
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvba-snap-2.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPVBA the GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP.

What's new in version 1.0.2 :

- Major speed improvement !!!
- Better Sound quality (rewritten)
- Add new render modes (smooth)
- Zip file support
- PNG screenshots (instead of BMP)
- Many bug fix
- Code cleaning

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D :D

Zx.

Download and Post Feedback and Compatibility on any Games Via Comments

dkwan20
June 28th, 2006, 21:57
cool, whats faster this or PSPGBA??

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 21:57
ahhhhhhhhhh..........your the best zx-81 you were holding out on me remember when i asked you to work on this project your the best bro alsum work i take it this isnt the last of this emu keep up the good work

cool, whats faster this or PSPGBA??

this is faster the pspgba only had a slight increase in speed nothing big this is the real deal

good work zx-81

Accordion
June 28th, 2006, 22:00
wow

(yeah, im saying alot...)

Searching4me123
June 28th, 2006, 22:01
this is cool really cool

SINIStER
June 28th, 2006, 22:08
wow this is great...thanks alot zx-81!!!
And ppl are talking about upgrading for a ps1 emu...ha not while there's talented coders pushing out stuff like this.:)

pspfan
June 28th, 2006, 22:12
Downloading this now! I'll report back on the speed increase! And thanks a bunch for zip support!

shadowprophet
June 28th, 2006, 22:18
Keep me updated on the speed of this one,
I havnt got the time to try it myself at the moment,
If its a massive improvment im all over this one guys :p

Chackan
June 28th, 2006, 22:25
Omg, still haven't tried it, but latelly there's been a buttload of gba emulator updates!

MikeDX
June 28th, 2006, 22:31
This is really good. Made me brush the dust off my PSP (I've been playing the DS a lot lately, since I got hooked by animal crossing!)

awesome work. I've tried a couple of games. Mr Driller and Bubble Bobble work great on Fskip 2 :) I advise turning the sound off though, it is a bit rough ;)

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 22:31
awesome news and release, someone please start posting speed compatibility etc :)

im too busy catching up on news :)

Kramer
June 28th, 2006, 22:33
nice work zx this goes heaps quicker some games are really playable and the sounds are a bit better.
playing double dragon advance right now and it's really smooth.
thanks zx for this wicked emu

mario advance runs pretty nicely aswell

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 22:36
well wraggster at your request il gldly start a compadibility thread for this similar to the one for daedalus

if its all right with zx-81

cal360
June 28th, 2006, 22:42
zelda minish cap is begining to be playable though it does jutter a lot

amadeus
June 28th, 2006, 22:44
Nice speed increase!

Harvest moon is now fully playable. Nearly fully speed at 2 FS

Sounds still a bit choppy but much better than before.

*begging mode*
Any chance of a scanlines mode in the next release? :)

taiyoh
June 28th, 2006, 22:45
Thanx this is great...has anyone tried yugioh..?:D

crowba
June 28th, 2006, 22:55
checkout the Speedimproovement

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wdQT7qMiW3s

Video Showing Mario GBA

zx-81
June 28th, 2006, 22:58
Nice speed increase!

Harvest moon is now fully playable. Nearly fully speed at 2 FS

Sounds still a bit choppy but much better than before.

*begging mode*
Any chance of a scanlines mode in the next release? :)

I spend a lot of time to find good / fast algorithms for suitable image smoothing, so to add scanline will be much more faster lol ... sorry i've forgotten ....

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 23:03
watched the Video, what speed do you think that is ?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 28th, 2006, 23:04
big improvement keep it up

mavsman4457
June 28th, 2006, 23:09
That video is impressive. I cannot wait to see the speed that this emulator has with sound moved to the ME.

cal360
June 28th, 2006, 23:10
what is the fps other games i've only only got zelda on me and i cant view videos as im using devhook to access this site

June 28th, 2006, 23:15
sweet i am going to try this.

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 23:18
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/metriod.png

well heres a screen of metriod as it runs fairly well naruto ninja council runs at full speed:eek: and final fantasy is almost playable im a try tekken advanced in a min and post sum mre input on what i got

keep ya posted

darrell_perry
June 28th, 2006, 23:26
can someone give me the link to the game

BrooksyX
June 28th, 2006, 23:29
Zx-81,
very nice release. It is with out a doubt the best and fastest gba emulator so far.

Also, is there any chance that you could make so that the emu isnt hard coded to load the default.gba rom and instead it goes to a list of all the games in your rom directory? (I thin k it would be great if you made the whole menu like nester J)

Are you ever planning on adding support for gb and gbc roms because i checked to see if any gbc roms loaded. I got zelda oracle of ages and seasons to boot and play,but with many graphical errors (the image was scratchy and multiplied across the screen). Any other games wouldnt boot though.

zx-81
June 28th, 2006, 23:33
Zx-81,
very nice release. It is with out a doubt the best and fastest gba emulator so far.

Also, is there any chance that you could make so that the emu isnt hard coded to load the default.gba rom and instead it goes to a list of all the games in your rom directory? (I thin k it would be great if you made the whole menu like nester J)

It's nothing to do ... but i like to load my favorite game on startup ... (you can replace the default.gba by any roms).

Are you ever planning on adding support for gb and gbc roms because i checked to see if any gbc roms loaded. I got zelda oracle of ages and seasons to boot and play,but with many graphical errors (the image was scratchy and multiplied across the screen). Any other games wouldnt boot though.

I haven't tested gb and gbc roms, but i know it works with VBA (original emu). I've to fix those image / drawing bugs ...

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 23:35
loads of free and legal GBA Homebrew games at http://www.pdroms.de

BrooksyX
June 28th, 2006, 23:47
I haven't tested gb and gbc roms, but i know it works with VBA (original emu). I've to fix those image / drawing bugs ...

It would be nice if your emu could emulate gb gbc and gba because it would eliminate the need to have 2 different emus.

pspfan
June 28th, 2006, 23:52
BigMace,
Don't you think spending time on speed and sound improvement are much more important than getting GB/GBC games to work. It's not that hard to load up RIN, and I'm sure Zx could spend his time speeding up the GBA emulation if he didn't have to worry about GB/GBC emulation which we already have at fullspeed.

Kvonx
June 28th, 2006, 23:54
well done....great speed improvement remember 2 keep us posted

Bastion
June 29th, 2006, 00:02
zx- Do you think it is possible to eventually get good sound? That is my biggest hope as I can play the games already pretty good but the sound is bad. I need sound to play games. Thanks and excellent improvement!!

pspfan
June 29th, 2006, 00:06
Bastion,
He has mentioned that he will probably make use of the new kernel exploit and make a "ME" (Media Engine) version of this emulator, which would mean sound would be handled seperately from the rest of the emulation, and we would most likely get much better sound. SNES9xTYL already does this, but the ME version used to only be for firmware 1.5 because it uses kernel mode, but the new exploit should make it work on firmwares 2.5 and 2.6.

mike03$$$
June 29th, 2006, 00:15
how do u save I haven't tried it yet but I have the last version the emu

jinqui242
June 29th, 2006, 00:19
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow runs much better on frameskip 2. Sound is getting there.

ZX-81, I wonder if in the Keyboard config, you could add the Start and Select buttons as configurable? I'd like to be able to change the VBA menu to one of the D-pad or Triangle & Circle buttons. The Start button doesn't seem to be used at all. It's just a little confusing, and I'd like to make it close to the original GBA as possible and change Start & Select back to their original function.

Great work! I was just thinking a couple of weeks ago that I wish someone would continue working on a GBA emulator. I finished Link's Awakening and the Oracle games on RIN and I really want to play Minish Cap!

samthegreat68
June 29th, 2006, 00:24
It would be nice if your emu could emulate gb gbc and gba because it would eliminate the need to have 2 different emus.
Who freaking cares about that.. this is amazing! keep it up. I am pumped now

jman420
June 29th, 2006, 00:31
wow, this has some realy good speed, you can play Golden Sun 1 with resonable sound and speed.. (along with Mario and Luigi Superstar)
all I've tried so far, but good progress all the same :D

Rekka1210
June 29th, 2006, 00:47
I only wish my psp was 1.5! This looks awesome! Keep up the good work! I Have a 2.6 so maybe when the exploit comes out i'll finally be able to test this out myself. Knowing me, i would've made a compatibility list by now.

qaopjlll
June 29th, 2006, 00:55
The sound is much improved from the previous release (still has a ways to go though). Keep up the good work!

Sumo X
June 29th, 2006, 00:58
Glad to see you sticking with it.

With FS 2 and no sound, I compared the two emus (Slasher's and ZX's). I don't have ZX's original to make a comparison to that, though I am SURE this one is faster! Using Mario Kart and a single race (not grand prix) as a comparison method using the time listed after 60 seconds of real time, I got the following results.

Slasher= 29.7seconds
ZX= 25 seconds

Still though, I'm sure ZX can do a great job at increasing the fps of the game. And when it comes to sound, despite it not being great, this one is at least semi-tolerable.

John Vattic
June 29th, 2006, 00:59
It will be humerous if Zx-81 gets this done then finishes daedalus or Monkey64s.

To my new favorite coder! (*raises glass)
an excellent release as usual!

AlinayG
June 29th, 2006, 01:14
Wow, this looks realy nice :D, cant wait to start playing .

(i realy gota get me a job to buy another Psp off ebay, my current one broke on me >_>)

Kvonx
June 29th, 2006, 01:19
thanx again....alot faster jus knew u could do it!!

luis_05
June 29th, 2006, 01:19
Dammit, i crapped my pants yesterday with the news of 2.5/2.6 exploit that gets full kernal mode, then i wake up to the GBA emu being slight faster!! what the hell!! i cant take the exciment anymore! what time to be alive and to own a PSP!! ZX-81 like i said before you are fast becoming a PSP legend!! (you are already for me) keep up the good work!!!

mameuser
June 29th, 2006, 01:29
I trying now, see the speed

Kvonx
June 29th, 2006, 01:39
how 2 change the screen size....i set it 2 full an its still small

pspfan
June 29th, 2006, 01:40
Set it to max instead of full.

Kvonx
June 29th, 2006, 01:43
k...im tryin it now

Kvonx
June 29th, 2006, 01:46
thanks its gud!!!

tophead420
June 29th, 2006, 02:01
wow that was fast imma download it now and give it a try and ill go ahead n say it now because i kno tis gonna be good, great work and keep the updates coming

alleyal202
June 29th, 2006, 02:04
Has Oneone Got Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Or Kingdom Hearts Working Yet?men,zx Is The Man!shit I Was Wondering If Anyone Knows If Its Possible To Put Sega Cd On The Psp?i F Anyone Can Do It I Think Zx Can.

danknugz
June 29th, 2006, 02:08
a noticable improvement over the last version! i alwasys test with advance wars first, and its the most playable gba emu ive seen on a handheld.( granted, ive never touched a ds... but thats not the same!)
thanks and keep it up.......
( so that we might remind ourselve how truely crappy 90% of all gba games are. theres a few diamonds among those turd tho!)

mavsman4457
June 29th, 2006, 02:17
This is simply incredible. I don't really know what to say besides that. And for me the best part is that Zx is an active member of the forums. He doesn't just post updates every so often when there is a new release, he posts regularly and gives responses to feedback. This becoming a really great emulator.

edit: "This IS becoming a really great emulator."

mameuser
June 29th, 2006, 02:22
i cannot tell the speed has increase or not

but the sound is mush smooth...

BTW, Now whether enable or disable sound, speed have not different.

oninotsume
June 29th, 2006, 02:33
Okay, I have a really dumb question here.

How do you turn on and off the screen smoothing?

Thanks.

felonyr301
June 29th, 2006, 04:45
gonna try mega man zero series but none the less i know its a great update keep up the great work.:cool:

AcerVentura
June 29th, 2006, 04:50
I spend a lot of time to find good / fast algorithms for suitable image smoothing, so to add scanline will be much more faster lol ... sorry i've forgotten ....

I'm confused- if you use HW rescaling on PSP then the smoothing is automatic, is it not?

I thought that's how it worked. Most other emulators, even the GBAPSP seem to use HW rescaling and don't take a performance hit.

Anyways this version has much better speed and sound than any other GBA emu to date.

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 04:55
Best gba emu out yet keep the good work. ZX

gamer121
June 29th, 2006, 05:06
gonna try mega man zero series but none the less i know its a great update keep up the great work.:cool:

z2 works good...not at full speed... but playable

cant wait for full speed

mameuser
June 29th, 2006, 05:51
I'm confused- if you use HW rescaling on PSP then the smoothing is automatic, is it not?

I thought that's how it worked. Most other emulators, even the GBAPSP seem to use HW rescaling and don't take a performance hit.

Anyways this version has much better speed and sound than any other GBA emu to date.

I think he is currently using SDL (software), so no smooth and slower render speed.

But if he using the gu graphic staff/code, we will see a 2/3 time increase in gameplay and also if the CPU and Mode core ode is improve,we will see another 2/3 time increase in speed.

Eventually, all plus together we will gain 4/5 time faster than current state.

:eek: i hope that the future GBA

vettacossx
June 29th, 2006, 05:53
why cant we play kingdom hearts on ANY GBA emu so far....and wouldnt that be a worth while question to answer couldnt we learn from this????

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 05:58
its still a work in progress give it time

BrooksyX
June 29th, 2006, 06:01
why cant we play kingdom hearts on ANY GBA emu so far....and wouldnt that be a worth while question to answer couldnt we learn from this????

I dont think it would be that hard to fix. If a rom is bigger than about 16 mb (unzipped) it should be streamed into the ram in parts like in daedelus. I am sure Strmnmn wouldnt mind helping Zx-81.

Rudybagel9
June 29th, 2006, 06:02
can you choose from which game you want to play with this (like put multiple games in the folder and choose from the psp).. and is anyone else having their psp crash when they try to go home?

BrooksyX
June 29th, 2006, 06:07
yes put all your roms in the roms folder, and yes my psp crashes sometimes when i try to go home.

Rudybagel9
June 29th, 2006, 06:10
its automatically reading a default.gba file.. when do i get the option to choose from the rom folder?

BrooksyX
June 29th, 2006, 06:12
press select and it should take you to the menu.

Rudybagel9
June 29th, 2006, 06:18
press select and it should take you to the menu.

thanks much..

Sandman53
June 29th, 2006, 06:57
What if you move the sound over to the media engine like YoYo has done with SnesTYL...

I'm sure we would defiently see a big increase in speed.

Other than that this is by far the best GBA emulator... It's just not at a speed I would consider playable :)

Keep up the good work though. If you continue actively working on this i'm sure it will be the best GBA emulator!

Please keep working on this!

DrSarcasmo
June 29th, 2006, 07:09
Amazing emu, ZX-81! Thanks again for all your hard work on all your myriad ports...:D

I have just one question about this emu though. How do I save games? When I play Metroid fusion and Metroid Zero, it appears to be saving when I enter the save rooms, but when I launch the games again, there are no save files.

When I go to the emu menu there is a save and load slot, but when I use these I get a "can't save game" error. Weird...

Thanks in advance people,

DrSarcasmo

pspfan
June 29th, 2006, 07:35
DrSarcasmo, create a folder inside pspvba called "save" (without the quotes). Then saves will work.

SweetFA
June 29th, 2006, 07:36
Winning Eleven is the only GBA game i'd want to play, not fast enough to be playable yet but a great start.

siulmagic
June 29th, 2006, 07:37
this emu is amazing,it like the best of all gba emus and it does have playable speed naruto nija council is at full speed,also i tried mario sagas and i crashes at the castle intro if eny one has gone past it can you tell me who you did it thx in advance cya all and ZX-81 keep up the good work man

razorak
June 29th, 2006, 07:59
i'm gonna try it out...though 1.0.1 crashed my snes emulator for some weird reason...hope it'll be ok this time...

felonyr301
June 29th, 2006, 07:59
mega man zero 3 hasnt improved at all just a heads up guys.

BelmontSlayer
June 29th, 2006, 09:08

Kingdom Hearts CoM is a 512 Megabit rom. Its very hard (Almost impossible) to fully emulate 512Mb gba roms on a PSP. Don't expect to be able to play this one...Ever.

But this is the best GBA emu for PSP I've seen yet! Mega Man BN6 runs fullspeed with sound off & frameskip 2. Keep up the good work!

doctorfod
June 29th, 2006, 09:31
Does it work with FW 1.0?

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 09:32
I think he is currently using SDL (software), so no smooth and slower render speed.

But if he using the gu graphic staff/code, we will see a 2/3 time increase in gameplay and also if the CPU and Mode core ode is improve,we will see another 2/3 time increase in speed.

you're perfectly right :).

pspfan
June 29th, 2006, 09:32
doctorfod,
Don't see why not. Use the 2.x version rather than the 1.5, obviously. Give it a try, I think it'll work.

BelmontSlayer,
Like someone said, zx-81 could code it to stream the rom like Daedalus does.

Edit: zx-81, so what he said is the future of this GBA emulator? That would be pretty sweet because according to his estimates that would mean nearly doubling the emulation, which would probably put it close to fullspeed.

doctorfod
June 29th, 2006, 09:45
Thanks a lot @pspfan

Sumo X
June 29th, 2006, 09:53
Winning Eleven is the only GBA game i'd want to play, not fast enough to be playable yet but a great start.

So you have Winning Eleven for the PSP and you actually WANT to play the GBA version? Talk about dedication to a series!!! :p

Seriously though, that is a great game (at least the PSP/Console version).

mr_nick666
June 29th, 2006, 10:51
ZX never ceases to amaze me! :D Amazing work that just keeps getting better ;) Thanks once again! :)

dOOmy
June 29th, 2006, 10:52
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance the fastest gba game to run on the psp is playing wonderfully. also golden sun plays great. its a pity that games larger than 16 megs wont work like sims 2 and kingdom hearts. neway Zx I think that I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate guys like you that use their brains so that we dont have to. thank you--Respect
FIFA 2006 is too slow(of course).

dOOmy
June 29th, 2006, 11:00
After getting lots of different versions of mario and luigi superstar saga I finally found out a way to play the game without my pc...I bought it and am happily playing it on my DS, lol. sorry but thats the only way I could get it to work. Also if its almost impossible to emulate kingdom hearts because its a 512 mbit then how come it plays great on pc emulator visual boy advance?

lplover2k
June 29th, 2006, 11:03
great thx will try some roms but need to search for them ...some gba games to recommend that plays well on this emu?

razorak
June 29th, 2006, 11:09
my snes emu went wonky but i managed to fix it BUT i can't save state or the settings i made on the keyboard...it says can't save file...any1 else experience the same problem?

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 11:42
my snes emu went wonky but i managed to fix it BUT i can't save state or the settings i made on the keyboard...it says can't save file...any1 else experience the same problem?

You have to create a directory called "save" in the pspvba directory. This directory is present in the .zip archive, but winzip doesn't create empty directory :mad:

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 12:07
You have to create a directory called "save" in the pspvba directory. This directory is present in the .zip archive, but winzip doesn't create empty directory :mad:

I though if you put a simple text document winzippe will still create the folder just an idea.
I don't know how meany times i have said it but you rule.

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 12:13
I though if you put a simple text document winzippe will still create the folder just an idea.
I don't know how meany times i have said it but you rule.

Good idea, i will add a simple text file to overcome this issue ...

:)

razorak
June 29th, 2006, 12:15
aaaaaa....i'm an idiot >.<

thank god there's file assistant ^^

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 12:16

no no, winzip is a big sh*t lol (use winrar instead)

tsurumaru
June 29th, 2006, 12:17
Hi Zx-81 I posted this in the old v1.0.1 thread but its pretty quiet in their now LOL.
If you can shift sound emulation over to the ME how much do you think performance would increase by, ie what sort of resources is this currently taking up on the current build?

Its great that it looks like devs will finally be able to utilise the ME on 2.00+ Firmware PSPs!

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 12:19
MMM ive tried a zipped zelda minish cap and it doesnt show in rom list.Tried mario cart wont show niether any clues ?? FW 1.5

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 12:20

WE know:D LOL
('') ('')
<>
Just kidding

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 12:20
Hi Zx-81 I posted this in the old v1.0.1 thread but its pretty quiet in their now LOL.
If you can shift sound emulation over to the ME how much do you think performance would increase by, ie what sort of resources is this currently taking up on the current build?

Its great that it looks like devs will finally be able to utilise the ME on 2.00+ Firmware PSPs!

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

I really don't know what we can win, but i guess a lot ...

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 12:21
MMM ive tried a zipped zelda minish cap and it doesnt show in rom list.Tried mario cart wont show niether any clues ?? FW 1.5

It doesnt support Zipped files:cool:

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 12:23

It's strange, it works fine on 2.5FW with .zip rom files :eek:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 12:29
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvba-snap-2.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPVBA the GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP.

What's new in version 1.0.2 :

- Major speed improvement !!!
- Better Sound quality (rewritten)
- Add new render modes (smooth)
- Zip file support
- PNG screenshots (instead of BMP)
- Many bug fix
- Code cleaning

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D :D

Zx.

Download and Post Feedback and Compatibility on any Games Via Comments
Hey dude acording to this it does support zipped roms !!! dunno then

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 12:30
doesnt on my 1.5 ZX 81 very odd any more fw 1.5 users not abble to use zipped roms ???

mameuser
June 29th, 2006, 12:32
doesnt on my 1.5 ZX 81 very odd any more fw 1.5 users not abble to use zipped roms ???

Are you rom inside the zip file, contain the ext og .gba and .rom etc

razorak
June 29th, 2006, 12:32
here's wad u shud check...did that zip file only contain the gba rom? did u make sure it is a gba file in the zip? I had to rezip a couple of my roms to play them..lol

btw mario kart worked for me but the graphics not that good yet...at some parts u can only see the track and not the vehicles...lolz

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 12:33
Are you rom inside the zip file, contain the ext og .gba and .rom etc
yep sure are !!! lol works fine unzipped but zip it up and doesnt show in rom list !!! :confused:

mameuser
June 29th, 2006, 12:36
yep sure are !!! lol works fine unzipped but zip it up and doesnt show in rom list !!! :confused:

how about try the rom on a GBA for PC.

are you using PSPVBA 1.02...????

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 12:39
works fine on that !!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 12:40
yeah just downloaded it i aint stoooopid ya know !!

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 13:05

I though ZX didn't use zip files for 1.50 or 1.0 none of his emus even though i have them all on mi 4gb don't support it i wonder if it is a firmware 1.50 that cant use it.

SmashinGit
June 29th, 2006, 13:17
I though ZX didn't use zip files for 1.50 or 1.0 none of his emus even though i have them all on mi 4gb don't support it i wonder if it is a firmware 1.50 that cant use it.

Nothing to do with the firmware, works fine on my psp.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 13:17
Looks that wy m8 see what ZX81 says accordind to Emu synopsis it does.Dunno:(

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 29th, 2006, 13:26
U know when I saisd I aint stoooppid I take it back lol.I have been zipping them to RAR not zip zip extention is fine now lmao

LazerTag
June 29th, 2006, 13:27
Looks that wy m8 see what ZX81 says accordind to Emu synopsis it does.Dunno:(

Is the ROM itself the only file in the ZIP archive or are there NFO's and text files as well?

razorak
June 29th, 2006, 13:58
i just dun get it....even after making that save directory it still doesn't work...i'm absolutely pathetic Y_Y:(

tsurumaru
June 29th, 2006, 14:29
Is the ROM itself the only file in the ZIP archive or are there NFO's and text files as well?

LOL he worked it out he was making a RAR file rather than a Zip one. ;)

illi
June 29th, 2006, 15:29
Hi, I just wanted to congratulate zx-81 for this fantastic emulator! Great work pal and I look forward to seeing more from you!

This is my first post but I have stealthily been reading the forums and this site for a while now and would like to say hi to everyone and how great it is to have such a strong community.

It seems like we have been inundated with great news these last few days and im thankful to everyone who is doing great work.

BTW, I have been playing Baldurs gate and golden sun and they both work fine IMO.

LeperMessiah
June 29th, 2006, 15:32
Does this work on 2.6?

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 15:35
Hi, I just wanted to congratulate zx-81 for this fantastic emulator! Great work pal and I look forward to seeing more from you!

This is my first post but I have stealthily been reading the forums and this site for a while now and would like to say hi to everyone and how great it is to have such a strong community.

It seems like we have been inundated with great news these last few days and im thankful to everyone who is doing great work.

BTW, I have been playing Baldurs gate and golden sun and they both work fine IMO.

Welcome illi, and thanks for your first post :).

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 15:41
im curious to know zx-81 how long do you think it will take you or how many releases do you think it will take you to get close to full speed matter a fact that doesnt even matter how ever long you stay on this emu is great your doing a great job this was the emu i wanted the most good luck bro keep at it just want to get it at about 80-85% speed that should be good as of now i see the emu at 65-80% this of course varies on some roms

keep at it good work bro

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 15:46
Does this work on 2.6?

Yes it should ... If you encouter problems, you can try using the fw1.5/pspvba/eboot.pbp (instead of the fw2.0).

LeperMessiah
June 29th, 2006, 16:03
Yes it should ... If you encouter problems, you can try using the fw1.5/pspvba/eboot.pbp (instead of the fw2.0).

WhooHOOOO!

Merci Beaucoup!

D0N
June 29th, 2006, 16:29
OMG! Great work zx-81! Keep up the good work!

bosanova_x
June 29th, 2006, 17:13
have to say that I'm quite impressed with this emu,just hope it can be bumped up to a proper playable level, with music.

You can do it zx-81

tophead420
June 29th, 2006, 19:06
ok iv got sumtin to ask of you people is anyone having a problem with the zipped rom support im having a few roms not show in the roms list when they are zipped but unzipped they work fine im not sure why this happens i was just wondering if this happens to anyone else or is it just me

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 19:17
ok iv got sumtin to ask of you people is anyone having a problem with the zipped rom support im having a few roms not show in the roms list when they are zipped but unzipped they work fine im not sure why this happens i was just wondering if this happens to anyone else or is it just me

If you can't see them, it means they have not the .zip file extention ;) ...

hockey2112
June 29th, 2006, 19:17
When I try loading a rom, the memory light flashes and then my PSP crashes. Does this work with fw 2.0? If so, how can I get it to work? I am using the latest eloader, using the TIFF exploit.

Apologies if this has already been asked. I don't have much time on my hands this week, and I can't read all 12 pages of posts. Fell free to PM me if you would rather.

Thanks...

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 19:25
@all: thanks for your encouragements :)

zx-81
June 29th, 2006, 19:26
When I try loading a rom, the memory light flashes and then my PSP crashes. Does this work with fw 2.0? If so, how can I get it to work? I am using the latest eloader, using the TIFF exploit.

Apologies if this has already been asked. I don't have much time on my hands this week, and I can't read all 12 pages of posts. Fell free to PM me if you would rather.

Thanks...

It doesn't work on 2.0 :( ... i have to investigate with a 2.0 FW user :).

ssjsaiyan
June 29th, 2006, 20:16
Hey this is a lot faster, almost faster than pspgba(correct me if I am mistaken) although the effort which you put into this is clear what with your wonderful menu. I hope you get this working to 100% (over 100% if possible, maybe as a turbo speed mode).
Keep it up

shenske37
June 29th, 2006, 20:53
This is amaizing, i didn't expect to get an update this quickly.

You are doing an awsome job, keep up the good work.

i'm very excited for updates and your progression, once again great job.

bosanova_x
June 29th, 2006, 20:54
zx-81, ive been playin with your emu a little more and it is really impressive with metroid zero mission.

looking forward to an update of this fantastic emu.

go forth and god speed !!!!

Thanks.

O-bake
June 29th, 2006, 21:00
Yes, i'm also happy that the GBA-project didn't die :)
Thanks ZX-81 for picking the project again.

Can you estimate, what the chances of gba-emulation are?
what exactly needs to be optimised? is there some space for assembly optimisation or is it something like "optimising everything"?

pspfan
June 29th, 2006, 22:02

O-bake, zx posted earlier that the stuff in the above quote could be done to optimize it.

alleyal202
June 29th, 2006, 22:49
Great Work ZX! So can someone tell me if the sega CD be emulated on psp?if it can be done i know the New Emu God ZX can.has anyone got super street fighter,harry potter goblet or kingdom hearts to work

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:55
i think this is the best gba emu out the speed increase and sound is unbelievable omg

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 00:37
alleyal202,
Sega CD probably can't be emulated on the PSP. Anyway, let's let zx work on the emus he's already started first :).

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 00:37
alleyal202,
Sega CD probably can't be emulated on the PSP. Anyway, let's let zx work on the emus he's already started first :).
good idea:D

dublas1980
June 30th, 2006, 00:40
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh nice. thanks men nice emulator.

charltonheston
June 30th, 2006, 01:25
ZX-81 the sound improvement alone on this emulator is absolutely great and gives hope towards possible crystal clear sound in future releases :) . Will you be looking at implementing sound processing through the ME? I understand this has no implications for any psps above 1.5 but I assume it would presumably be good experience implementing it.

I'll be honest and say that I personally use the PSPGBA as IMHO I think it has just slightly higher frame rate and is slightly smoother but for the amount of time you've been working on this emulator you've worked miracles and I have full respect for you and total hope that you are going to make this into one of the most (if not the most) popular emulators on the PSP.

Great work ZX-81

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 01:30
Well actually once the new kernel exploit is made into a loader, 2.5 and 2.6 PSPs will be able to use the ME, too. He has already said he will probably move sound into the ME.

mameuser
June 30th, 2006, 01:35
some screenshot

kfish2oo2
June 30th, 2006, 02:31
pokemon sapphire at playable speed! sound is still unbearable tho. nice zx

Makaveli
June 30th, 2006, 03:10
so i guess this doesnt work with version 2.0 of the eloader. every time i try to use it it says "please wait now loading" then it just crashes and turns off.

ACID
June 30th, 2006, 03:40
Finaly mi YU-GI-HO in mi psp GREEEEEEEEEEEEEeaaaaaaaat

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 03:43
No, it doesn't work on 2.0 with the TIFF exploit.

samthegreat68
June 30th, 2006, 06:22
some screenshot
What game is that?

mameuser
June 30th, 2006, 07:51
What game is that?

Dragon Ball Adventure

acn010
June 30th, 2006, 09:05
lol,
nice

benn
June 30th, 2006, 11:47
the sound is them main thing that lacks form the GBA emus now.

zx-81
June 30th, 2006, 12:51
so i guess this doesnt work with version 2.0 of the eloader. every time i try to use it it says "please wait now loading" then it just crashes and turns off.

Yes, the tiff exploit can't be used with this eboot. But it should work with GTA ...

zx-81
June 30th, 2006, 12:52
the sound is them main thing that lacks form the GBA emus now.

Yes, many things remain to do on the sound ... first the speed, then the sound .. :)

ovrlord
June 30th, 2006, 14:29
this just gets better and better
gratz on a truly great emulator
only problem i can see is that some larger rom files do not work
not a big deal when you have a gba emulator as nice as this tho

keep up the good work;)

SpacemanSpiff
June 30th, 2006, 14:30
How do you plan on improving speed? Are you going to write a dynamic recompiler like with Daedalus?

D0N
June 30th, 2006, 16:38
I was wondering if anyone eslse has posted about this problem. When i try to save a slot in the GBA Emulator menu. It says Cannot be saved but then if you click it again it will save it. Any ideas? And note i am not talking about the ROM I am talking about the emualtor menu.

zx-81
June 30th, 2006, 17:42
I was wondering if anyone eslse has posted about this problem. When i try to save a slot in the GBA Emulator menu. It says Cannot be saved but then if you click it again it will save it. Any ideas? And note i am not talking about the ROM I am talking about the emualtor menu.

You have to create a "save" directory in pspvba. This directory is part of the archive but winzip (for unknown reason) doesn't create empty directory :eek:

D0N
June 30th, 2006, 17:58
Thanks for that it works now. :)

ArchAngel
July 11th, 2006, 22:39
Why does it seem like everyone else has games at fullspeed except me with this emu?
I have a 1.5 and Battlenetwork 6 runs so slow it takes 10 minutes to get through one text line.
Thats with FS2 and 1 turbo, no sound.

pspfan
July 11th, 2006, 22:41
Why does it seem like everyone else has games at fullspeed except me with this emu?
I have a 1.5 and Battlenetwork 6 runs so slow it takes 10 minutes to get through one text line.
Thats with FS2 and 1 turbo, no sound.
I hope you're not using PSPVBA v1.0.2 . There's already a PSPVBA 1.0.6 out. Also, people aren't getting games at fullspeed. They are getting SOME games at PLAYABLE speeds. There's a big difference there.

evil_hand
May 6th, 2007, 09:55
i have psp v 3.x, how i can use this emu??

Ranmax09
May 6th, 2007, 11:29
Don't use this one it's slow. Use this one (http://dl.qj.net/gpSP-0.9-1.5-EBOOT-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/11783/catid/122). and if you have the official sony firmware 3.10+ then you can't play homebrew untill a downgrader is out :)

evil_hand
May 7th, 2007, 17:35
somebody help me........can you all tell me, where i can find free gameboy emulator for psp v3.x???and how to install it in my psp????do i downgrade it first???if the answer is yes, how to install that firmware in my psp....please reply my request....:{

evil_hand
May 7th, 2007, 18:23
somebody help me........can you all tell me, where i can find free gameboy emulator for psp v3.x???and how to install it in my psp????do i downgrade it first???if the answer is yes, how to install that firmware in my psp....please reply my request....:{

Shad_ow!
July 3rd, 2007, 02:27
Hey, go on www.vba.ngemu.com/ for the latest version of Visual Boy Advance.

And I was wondering the same: "how to install it in my psp????"

I got firmware 3.5, you can find downgrades on PSP Blender..... I have no idea if they work...........

bah
July 3rd, 2007, 10:38
Shad_ow!: Don't revive old threads, please use the search feature.

gpSP is the best GBA emu for PSP, it is linked to on the menu down the left hand side of the front page.

You cannot run any homebrew unless you first downgrade to firmware 1.5 (you may then update to one of the custom firmwares if you wish).

The 3.50 downgrader can be found here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67048).
Just follow the instructions in the readme file included in the download.