PDA

View Full Version : Which flash cart to buy for a DSi with 1.4 firmware already on it?

mikedpw0
December 29th, 2009, 00:47
I recently bought a DSi and would like to get started running homebrew apps on it. Because I bought it so recently it shipped with firmware v. 1.4 already on it.

The first flash cart I looked into was the r4i for version 1.4 - but from what I understand this one will cease to work when nintendo releases the next firmware upgrade.

From what I've read about some other carts it seems like you have to download updates from their manufacturers in order for them to work with 1.4 - unfortunately it sounds like you have to install these updates before you upgrade the DS firmware to 1.4. Obviously this doesn't do me much good since my DS already has 1.4 on it.

Is there a flash cart out there that will allow me to update it to work with 1.4 or that already works with 1.4 and that will ALSO have the option to update again when nintendo releases another firmware upgrade?

Westwoodo
February 7th, 2010, 00:13
I use a Acekard 2i, That I brought from http://www.hanger.org.uk/h/hangershop/ It cost me a extra £5 to have it flashed with the 1.4 fix but it works perfectly and I did get it the next day.