PDA

View Full Version : Odd psp slim problem

whiteboyshaun
December 31st, 2009, 01:10
Hi Ive been having an odd problem with my psp 2000. When you turn it on it tries to read a umd and wont start until it reads the game. If you open the door it continues to try and read. There is nothing pushing the switches down that tells it the door is closed. On another psp I had that had this issue I just took the umd drive out and it started booting again. On this one if I take the drive out it still keeps trying to read a game and will never boot. I can boot into recovery or with a pandora battery and the umd drive doesnt try to read a disk. Ive tried making a new idstorage, formatting the flash and reinstalling both stock and m33 firmwares and nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I looked over the entire board and there does not seem to be any damage at all to it. Im running out of things to try. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Jiten2175
January 9th, 2010, 21:27
There is a problem in your motherboard, power is constantly been sent to the umd drive, your better off disconnecting the umd drive, disabling auto-start umd and playing games of the memory stick.