PDA

View Full Version : SDHC with Neo MD Myth

JLF65
December 31st, 2009, 07:11
My latest release, v1.1b5, now adds support for SDHC (High Capacity SD cards). Seen cheap 4GB and 8GB cards around? Now you can use them. :cool:

To use, copy the MDBIOS.BIN file to the NEO2 Ultra Menu directory on your harddrive (overwriting the file there already). Run the app, go to the Format tab and do a fast format.

On the MD, press START once and you'll be on the USB link screen. Press START again and you'll be in the SD card browser. Press START yet again to get back to the Flash browser.

The SD card browser supports BIN and SMD format roms. Navigate over a rom name and press A for options, B to run with the reset mode set to RESET-to-Menu, and C to run with the reset mode set to RESET-to-Game.

The options screen allows you to set the reset mode, the save ram type, the size of the save ram, and the save ram bank. The flash has all that handled by the Windows menu, but when running off the SD card, you don't have any of that, so the options screen provides you a way to set that extra info.

One of these days, I'll write up a readme for this. :D

01/03/2010 - v1.1b6 released. Now with readme! :)

wraggster
December 31st, 2009, 08:33
ooh just so happens i have a 8GB SDHC card ;), i must actually get updating my software on the Megadrive Card, i still havent found a 32X, the prices seem to have really shot up as of late.

What with this release and the N64 cart its a real great retro Xmas :)

JLF65
December 31st, 2009, 19:14
I did a quick check on eBay UK and your prices for the 32X are a bit high, running 80 to 100 pounds. Maybe the PAL 32X is just more rare than the NTSC 32X.

My N64 Myth should be arriving soon. It will be fun to work on that. Given the MD Myth can handle SDHC, so should the N64 Myth. Also, there's enough memory in the N64 that I should be able to use long file names instead of the shorts ones like in the MD Menu.

wraggster
December 31st, 2009, 21:04
i cant wait to get my hnads on the N64 Myth, ive wanted a flash cart/back up device for the N64 for years and this really is a dream come true, cant wait to try out games that ive never had the chance to play

JLF65
January 4th, 2010, 02:11
Happy New Year! v1.1b6 now up. This version has a work-around for certain cards that failed with older versions. Please try all your cards to see how it works. I now have only one card remaining that doesn't work.
:thumbup: