PDA

View Full Version : Mario KArt Hacking... Help plz!

travis134
June 30th, 2006, 07:52
Can anyone help me with enabling all the offline maps in Mario Kart in WFC?

I use Supercard SD and SuperKey.

Thanks!

zac_531
July 1st, 2006, 13:49
I would also like to know. Im researching and ive found that you have a MKDS.test.gba file or something on your GBA card, then put mario kart in with the passme and it says it should boot. All i get is the supercard menu!!!

travis134
July 2nd, 2006, 09:49
I would also like to know. Im researching and ive found that you have a MKDS.test.gba file or something on your GBA card, then put mario kart in with the passme and it says it should boot. All i get is the supercard menu!!!

I finally got it to work, I flashed my DS with FWNitro 1.6B

From there you just stick Mario KArt in w/o passme (Flashing renders passme's useless) then select mario kart offline hack in the new firmware menu!

zac_531
July 2nd, 2006, 13:53
Too bad, I just did it without flashing my DS :p
Just IPS the file - You need the USA version of 128 - Mario Kart (u) i think. Then apply a ndsloader using dslazy.exe and then trim the rom in that program. It doesnt need converting, put in in SD card, Run it with MKDS in the passme and then select it. It will take a while to load but a progress bar is shown. Then VRUM VRUM YAHOO! WIFI TRACKS!

travis134
July 2nd, 2006, 21:41
i just put files on my card, unscrewed battery, ran program, and stuck a screwdriver in the sl1 hole :P

Cymoro
July 3rd, 2006, 21:44
For some reason, I can't get Mario Kart DS to run at all, and instead get "The game data cannot be loaded". I have a Supercard MiniSD, a Super Key, and the 128 - Mario Kart ROM. What's the exact steps to get it to work?

zac_531
July 7th, 2006, 16:58
Ok, if your attemping to hack mario kart, then im sure you know how to use MIRC.

Firstly add a new channel called
irc.imperium.ca
port : 6660-6667

Then join #emu-elation
A person called vinnymac should be in there, type
!ds-roms and cd to the directory with 0201-0300
download the mario kart rom USA version.
(you may find the USA version elsewhere)

Download IPS patcher from google.

http://www.ftp.nu/files/469
DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH

apply that patch using IPS patcher to the Mario kart rom, then drag the .nds file onto your SD card, No converting nessecary, Wait for it to load the 32mb file, wait for while (10 seconds for the first time) thne try out the new tracks!