PDA

View Full Version : dreamcast dial-up emulator?

Zephyrr
January 1st, 2010, 07:41
I have cable and wireless internet so I can't play internet, but I've heard of a way to run dial-up through your computer for the Dreamcast. Is this true? If so could I have a link to the file.

PSPdemon
January 1st, 2010, 15:05
I have cable and wireless internet so I can't play internet, but I've heard of a way to run dial-up through your computer for the Dreamcast. Is this true? If so could I have a link to the file.

Yes, there is a way to re-route your broadband connection to your dc's 56k modem.... however apparently its hard/very few people have successfully done it.

Here is the guide i used ( for XP )

http://maturion.de/dreamcast/mterlouw/

Theres a few things to note:

1.) You need a voice enabled modem to "fake" dialing

2.) Since you'll probably be doing the same setup as me ( I'm guessing via your wireless connection on XP )... you'll need to change your arp on your computer IP from dynamic to static ( as well as any other computer on the network )

3.) You'll need to check your DC's modem if its a "A" or "B" modem.... If its a "B" you'll need to make a line voltage inducer ( unless you use a external 56k modem on the pc side ), but if its a "A" there won't be a need for building it.

Anyway, thats about all the info I can give you on the setup.... if you have problems ill try to help out ( although I may be slow on the replies. )

Zephyrr
January 1st, 2010, 21:47
Actually I have windows 7 on my laptop, will it still work?

PSPdemon
January 3rd, 2010, 15:48
That I do not know.... I use XP....

Although judging how there's still compatibility issues with win 7 and also how its build for win 98.... I don't know if it will work at all.

The only thing i can suggest is to try it, and if it doesn't work then you know your answer.

Zephyrr
March 2nd, 2010, 03:29
One more question, will it work with wireless internet?

VampDude
March 2nd, 2010, 22:06
One more question, will it work with wireless internet?

Yes, but it will be slow just like it was. I know that because I followed a guide and setup my PC to dialup from my laptop.