PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - no "play game" option

freestyler210
January 1st, 2010, 10:12
Hi all,
First of all thanks in advance for any help you can give! My PS3 has been working fine for over a year but suddenly now the "play game" option which is normally in the main menu under the "game" tab has disappeared meaning that I cannot play any games as I have no way to start them! The ps3 seems to be working fine otherwise and I have upgraded it to the latest software, tried different games etc. Basically I only have the usual options to view saved game data etc. but nothing which says start game or play game like it normally has.

I have noticed that my little clock in the top right of my screen is flashing and spinning quickly round and round, not sure if this is related at all or if its normal, but I have never noticed it before

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help!

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2010, 01:04
I don't know quite what you mean. Is the Blu-Ray disk icon for a game that's loaded in the disk drive not visible? I don't remember seeing a "play game" option, only "Start" after pressing triangle over a game on the Playstation 3 or a disk title.

freestyler210
January 2nd, 2010, 08:39
Hi,
Thanks for your help. Yep, the blu-ray icon of the game isnt there (the one you normally click on to start the game). This is also the case for blu-ray movies. Any ideas as to why this is?

Thanks a lot!

Shrygue
January 6th, 2010, 16:18
Hmm, this is starting to sound like there's a fault with your disk lens. Let me ask, are you able to play back CDs/DVDs?