PDA

View Full Version : Help with DS Lite+M3+Passkey2

faction
June 30th, 2006, 22:35
Okay, I've been trying and trying for about 4 hours, I've read up SO much on this stuff, and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get this stuff working.

So, this is the situation.

I have the M3 Mini SD, the NDS Lite, Passkey2. I have the M3, memory card, and the Passkey2 with new mario bros on it in the DS, i turn it on, the health and safety thing comes up, then I get 2 white screens.

I've updated the M3 firmware. I went to http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=41

I followed the directions there, but when I get to 6. Run "K2-HW03.gba" (selecting start game from the menu, putting the file on through the M3 game manager OR directly on the card), it goes to loading... 00000kb or whatever, and NOTHING happens. I've left it there for almost 10 minutes with nothing.

Please help!

EDIT: My brain is sorta tired from trying for so long to get this working, I'm sure I've missed more of other things I've tried.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 30th, 2006, 23:04
It might be uncompatible.

faction
June 30th, 2006, 23:12
Okay, but from what I wrote, it should be working? I've done everything right?

It's a cheap ebay mini-sd card so that could be it. But the M3 DOES display the files on it, and it does do the backup save when I first turn it on... so as far as I know, it is writing and reading from the mini-sd card.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 1st, 2006, 00:53
The update is for HOMEBREW on the Lite. Not NDS emulation. Not sure for NDS emu...

faction
July 1st, 2006, 05:15
Okay, well it turns out it was the memory card. I bought a new one and it works just perfect.

One more question: The only game I own is New Super Mario Bros, how often does Passkey2 have the games list updated with newer games so I can use it to boot?

The Hombrew Hunter
July 1st, 2006, 05:23
No idea, really. I'm picking up a Passcard 3.

faction
July 1st, 2006, 06:05
Well thanks for the replies and help :)

I acctually own another game, Madden 05, it's just that it's 8 hours away by car until Monday and I'm really anxious to try out my new toy!