PDA

View Full Version : PSPVBA: GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP v1.0.3

zx-81
July 1st, 2006, 01:56
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvba-snap-3.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPVBA the GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP.

First of all i would like to thanks Tommydanger for his help on bug tracking for the firmware 2.0.

What's new in version 1.0.3 :

- Always better speed !
- Add new render modes (scanline)
- Add FPS/CPU statistics
- The Start key is now usable
- Sound off increase speed
- Many bug fix
- Big Code cleaning

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This emulator doesn't work with the Tiff exploit on 2.0, so please use the GTA exploit instead.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D :D

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 01:56
woot getting it now,

Kaiser
July 1st, 2006, 02:02
Nice job zx-81. Another quality release :D

Zephyroth_drgs
July 1st, 2006, 02:07
wow, amazing actualization speed, thats f*ckin great!!! keep up the good work =D

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 02:07
So Fast a new release.... Thank

Gizmo356
July 1st, 2006, 02:08
Nice job zx-81. Another quality release :D
yes i love the quality of his relese's because he dosent rush thing but release's them when there ready, thanx
i love this emu

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 1st, 2006, 02:11
Great work ZX 81 nice to see alot of progres on this awsome emu and its.still ealry days...Things can only get better thanks alot dude to u and the other devs that make the scene so great.

gunntims0103
July 1st, 2006, 02:12
o really good job on this hope this insnt the last release i look forward to future releases

BrooksyX
July 1st, 2006, 02:13
nice release

Shiesty
July 1st, 2006, 02:15
oh my!

you're either a crazy good coder or the other ppl working on this emu sucked

AlinayG
July 1st, 2006, 02:18
Very very nice :D

keep up the good work ;p

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 02:18
omfg this rules, thanks heaps

John Vattic
July 1st, 2006, 02:32
go after this emulator like a terminator going after John Conner.
come with zx-81 if you want to live!

as always great release dood!

Schwarzenegger or is it Schwarzkopf? oh wait thats StrmnNrmn.
so it must be Arnold.

mavsman4457
July 1st, 2006, 02:33
As impatient as this sounds, and Zx you have spoiled me, I was just thinking that it was about time for another release. Haven't tested it yet but I can't wait. Remarkable speed of releases.

Makaveli
July 1st, 2006, 02:36
wow i couldnt believe it when i saw it. An update to this great emulator already. I just downloaded the last version yesterday lol. Now its time to test it. No doubt it will be much better.

ryan_rocks29
July 1st, 2006, 02:46
Just tried it then, Super Mario Advance 2 running at 5FPS :) . May be a little slow to start but still keep up the good work zx-81 :D

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 02:49
I Get about 6 fps for almost every game i try with (2 frame skip)

AlinayG
July 1st, 2006, 02:54
Tested it.

and i love it :D most every game is 6 fps

it still crashes here and there, but ill try 2 live with that :)

hope to see another update soon :D !!!

MAXI
July 1st, 2006, 02:57
Nice to know the emulators are getting better and better for the gba:D

mavsman4457
July 1st, 2006, 03:04
Is something wrong with the frame measuring or whatever you call it. Depending on my frame skip I get pretty much the same fps for every game. The only thing that differs is the percent. When it says that it is running 100% does that mean that it is running at normal GBA speed?

amadeus
July 1st, 2006, 03:20
First off thanks for the new release!
Yeah and I get the same frame skip thing as well.

Heres an example
Metal slug
Max (scanline mode) (thanks for that btw) : )
Sound on

0 frame skip
75% (10 fps)

2 frame skip
85% (6fps)

BTW never thought I would be saying this but I think you need a limiter on this thing now!
Wario Ware is going up to 200% in places with a 2 frame skip!

psiko_scweek
July 1st, 2006, 03:22
hmm...the game only runs at 6fps? lol i dont remember, what did the other GBA emulators run at?

lol eitheray, great to know soon enough we will have fullspeed GBA and N64 emulation....so yeah, when are we getting the GameCube emulator

just playing. Actually though, zx, when your done with this look into that jaguar port ... heh
peace!

felonyr301
July 1st, 2006, 03:26
wow already crossing fingers and hopefully mega man zero 3 is closer to playable than the last release great job on the fast release keep up the great work.

sroon
July 1st, 2006, 03:27
This guy just never sleeps!!
Grea job my man!

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 03:35
Naruto Ninja Council work full speed with no frameskip but only 10 fps

luis_05
July 1st, 2006, 03:38
jesus christ dude!! i agree with sroon, dont u ever sleep!!! anyways thanks a million for ur contribution!! this emu just keeps on getting better, all the games i tried are now playable!!! keep up the good work!!!!

kingmar5
July 1st, 2006, 03:41
really good work

razorak
July 1st, 2006, 03:43
blimey...Zx is sure a hardworking and efficient coder...He brings much light to the PSP community ^^
this is definitely good news to see when u just wake up in the morning
Even a pathetic idiOt like myself knows that :D

pspfan
July 1st, 2006, 03:52
The FPS counter seems to be off when you don't have frameskip set to 0. But I'm getting between 7.2 and 9.2 FPS. It shows on the FPS counter like 72%(10 fps) or 92% (10 fps), which I think means you multiply it out to get the FPS, so it's 7.2 and 9.2. Anyway, when you said the frameskip, the counter seems to get slower, so I don't think it works with frameskip. Anyway good job.

alucard001
July 1st, 2006, 03:52
Thanks Zx-81 for the amazing job you are doing on the emulator. By the way I am geting about 6 fps on yoshis island

Sumo X
July 1st, 2006, 04:03
A nice speed improvement.

Zx's last version ran Mario Kart 24.5 seconds for every real minute. This one is up to around 30.

Slasher's ran Mario Kart at about 29seconds for every real minute. (All the previous had no sound and 2 frameskip).

gr42178
July 1st, 2006, 04:06
Tested a bunch of games and they run pretty good. Is there a way to make it load your default keyboard at startup? I have to go in and load it every time I power down. Thanks again for your nice work.

gunntims0103
July 1st, 2006, 04:41
go all the way with this zx-81 keep going i was douting that full speed wasnt possible but now im really thinking it is go for it i hope you put out more releases this is great if you finish this up your a coding legend this will put you at the top

buying a psp$250+buying new umd's$50+waiting for zx-81 to bring us the best homebrew ever=priceless

hope you continue go all the way cant wait for future releases hope kingdom hearts works

PSPegasus
July 1st, 2006, 04:44
This is great! Heaps improved over the last version. Keep this rate up and you'll be out-performing Snes9x soon! Great work!

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 04:53
Screenshot function is not working, but the previous version was OK

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2006, 05:03
greetings from florida. ZX-81 = The new Lantus!!!

shadowprophet
July 1st, 2006, 05:05
Keep up the awesome work!!

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 05:12
By far ZX-81 & NJ there are no other coders alike this two inhumanly awesome thanks for the great job.
Now all we need is a Raine arcade emulator to go with KECH awesome mame4all

alleyal202
July 1st, 2006, 05:14
Just tested it out and it works great.3 releases in a week!!!!!!!!WOW ZX is a emulation god!!!!!!!!!ZX is the M*tha F*ckin MAN!I have a question for u ZX,is it possible to put the SEGA CD on the psp???I would love to play night trap,sewer shark, etc.I know now if it could be done i think u could do it.also does anyone have kingdom hearts or harry potter and the goblet of fire running?keep up the good work and i cant wait to see the next release

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 05:29
Just tested it out and it works great.3 releases in a week!!!!!!!!WOW ZX is a emulation god!!!!!!!!!ZX is the M*tha F*ckin MAN!I have a question for u ZX,is it possible to put the SEGA CD on the psp???I would love to play night trap,sewer shark, etc.I know now if it could be done i think u could do it.also does anyone have kingdom hearts or harry potter and the goblet of fire running?keep up the good work and i cant wait to see the next release

Itotally agree i think theres only to coders right now that can do it and is him and NJ. I'm not taking anything away from all the other coders for the PSP all the work you guys do is awesome and highly appreciated by me.:)

kenelm
July 1st, 2006, 06:07
Excellent job!

Chackan
July 1st, 2006, 06:08
SEGA CD and Sega Saturn. I'd love to see those two on the PSP

RetroGoth
July 1st, 2006, 06:16
Great Work!!! Cant Wait For The Next Release

RetroGoth
July 1st, 2006, 06:16
Great Work!!! Cant Wait For The Next Release

alleyal202
July 1st, 2006, 06:17
The only emulator that i would love to see on the psp is the SEGA CD.ZX already did the colecovision,one of my favorite consoles growing up.now all he needs to do is work on a SEGA CD emulator and i would be in heaven!All he would have to do is recode the sega cd emulator of the pc right?like i said before if it can be done ZX is the man to do it and if he does that!MAN,can u say LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tophead420
July 1st, 2006, 06:36
oooo yea keep the releases coming lol and how do you do it soo fast this gos to show your a excellent coder great job

YourStillWithMe
July 1st, 2006, 06:47
sorry but its still too slow for me to keep on my psp its coming along great though ZX, i definitely see an increase of speed. Im waiting for mario kart super circuit to run well. . .because i have much longer to wait on N64. . .

Tonx_9
July 1st, 2006, 07:20
kewl emu dude keep it up!!!

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 07:37
omg dude you ar the best keep up the good work man

pkmusicmaker
July 1st, 2006, 07:43
oh my!

haha that's great.

dOOmy
July 1st, 2006, 07:48
You got my vote for PsP emulation God

psiko_scweek
July 1st, 2006, 07:50
yah -- getting 6fPS for Zelda - Minish Cap.

Running great though and its acutally playable! the sound is ... horrible... but hell beggars cant be choosers :-)....so ZX with the new downgrader...are you going to re-code it to make use of the ME like SNES does? just asking

gamer456
July 1st, 2006, 07:57
nice work

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 08:02
If the speed can reach around 20fps+, it will be very playable .

BTW now is around 6 fps and so not to far away from 20fps+ ........... ;)

dOOmy
July 1st, 2006, 08:08
why dont you guys just let him finish this emu first before requesting others? Im sure he will get around to making an XBOX 360 and a PS3 emulator for the psp when he gets around to it.

vettacossx
July 1st, 2006, 08:12
YOU ARE A LEGEND ZX-81 keep up the AMAZING job full speed is right around the corner the scene just EXPLODED all over again because of gr8 news like yours ;)

pspfan
July 1st, 2006, 08:19
Guys you are not getting 6 fps, it's more like 8 or 9 on average, but the fps counter seems to be weird if you put the frameskip on.

felonyr301
July 1st, 2006, 08:21
i noticed or could juust be me that it feels faster with the frameskip on 0 on mega man zero games the minute i turn on the frame skip to any number it goes slower not playable weird i thought it was suppose to be opposite im used to having frameskip with snes so??

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 08:27
i get 10 fps in most games with 0 frame skip castlevania harmony of inocense runs at 10fps with sound

Broonale
July 1st, 2006, 08:31
Awesome!

zx-81
July 1st, 2006, 08:54
The FPS counter seems to be off when you don't have frameskip set to 0. But I'm getting between 7.2 and 9.2 FPS. It shows on the FPS counter like 72%(10 fps) or 92% (10 fps), which I think means you multiply it out to get the FPS, so it's 7.2 and 9.2. Anyway, when you said the frameskip, the counter seems to get slower, so I don't think it works with frameskip. Anyway good job.

The frameskip stuff is taken from the original code, and it doesn't seems to compute the right values. So don't look at it, but only percent ... (which seems to be right).

zx-81
July 1st, 2006, 08:56
Tested a bunch of games and they run pretty good. Is there a way to make it load your default keyboard at startup? I have to go in and load it every time I power down. Thanks again for your nice work.

Yes, of course. It's nothing to do :)

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 09:06
zelda minish cap 10 fps with sound

jOeBrO
July 1st, 2006, 09:11
hey everyone... the fps display seems to not be working correctly, let me try to clarify it for you guys.

If you had it on 0 frameskip and it ran at 10fps, then increasing it to 1 frameskip would double that to 20fps, because it displays every other frame now. So increasing it to 2 frameskip would raise the speed another 50 percent, and increasing it to 3 would increase it another 25 percent on top of that.

etc, etc, etc...

i hope this helps you guys understand it a little better:D

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 09:12
metal slug advance 10 fps

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 1st, 2006, 09:13
i love you!!!!!

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 09:15
thing is if i encrease it it gets slower

jOeBrO
July 1st, 2006, 09:19
thing is if i encrease it it gets slower

try paying attention to the sound and see if the speed of the sound playing increases... you might be confusing it with acting more jumpy instead of the actual gameplay slowing down :)

samthegreat68
July 1st, 2006, 09:19
what is full speed fps for gba? anyone know? isnt snes like 50 or 60?

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 09:21
hmm it did increase in zelda minish cap will try mega man sero now cus that went it happend

jOeBrO
July 1st, 2006, 09:21
what is full speed fps for gba? anyone know? isnt snes like 50 or 60?

yes for japan or US roms its 60fps and for PAL(europian) roms its 50fps

i would reccomend using the PAL version just because thats 10 fps less the psp's CPU has to process

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 09:32
will try that

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 09:36
meh basicly the same maybe a lil more speed almost unotisable

Video_freak
July 1st, 2006, 10:18
its great to see that zx-81 is sticking to this project

razorak
July 1st, 2006, 10:32
the save still doesn't work

'Error creating file ms0:/psp/game/PSPVBA/save/sav_Mega Man Zero 4 (E)_0.sgm
Error creating file ms0:/psp/game/PSPVBA/save/sav_Mega Man Zero 4 (E)_1.sgm
Error creating file ms0:/psp/game/PSPVBA/save/sav_Mega Man Zero 4 (E)_1.sgm'
i found a text file stating this after i hooked my psp to the comp to see if i could fix it...any1 know how to solve this?

BlackJack23
July 1st, 2006, 11:19
zX

You're God, you're Jesus, you're Elvis

It seems impossible the speed at which you churned out those updates zX. Come on, be honest. Did you have all those updates ready beforehand and just released one each day? :)

Anyway, great work. This is the homebrew that I care most about. Just imagine my face when I went on to dcemu today to find a downgrader and this update!

You have my support all the way
Peace out

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 11:49
I think the fps counter is working correctly and nothing wrong, take the following as an example

PSPVBA 1.03:
0 frameskip = 10+/-
1 frameskip = 8+/-
2 frameskip = 6+/-

Other Full Speed emulator (Both PC and PSP):

0 frameskip = 60+/-
1 frameskip = 30+/-
2 frameskip = 20+/-

as you can see the frame rate drop as you increase the frameskip, so that you get a sync gameplay thorugh out the game.

jaws365
July 1st, 2006, 12:32
Wow, this is great. Canīt wait to play Golden Sun 1 & 2 on PSP!!!

Good luck!

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 14:38
the save still doesn't work

'Error creating file ms0:/psp/game/PSPVBA/save/sav_Mega Man Zero 4 (E)_0.sgm
Error creating file ms0:/psp/game/PSPVBA/save/sav_Mega Man Zero 4 (E)_1.sgm
Error creating file ms0:/psp/game/PSPVBA/save/sav_Mega Man Zero 4 (E)_1.sgm'
i found a text file stating this after i hooked my psp to the comp to see if i could fix it...any1 know how to solve this?

TRy making a filed call SAVE inside the rom i have gotten mi games to save with this

BPM9
July 1st, 2006, 17:31
Great work!!

Can't wait for next release!!!

-LO-LEADER1
July 1st, 2006, 17:31
wow,am i the only person having issues with this thing?...when i run the program, it says loading and then just shuts off. I've tried everything i could think of so can u guys help me out please?

zx-81
July 1st, 2006, 17:54
wow,am i the only person having issues with this thing?...when i run the program, it says loading and then just shuts off. I've tried everything i could think of so can u guys help me out please?

If you have a 2.0 FW, you should use GTA eloader to run this emulator. ...

taiyoh
July 1st, 2006, 18:44
Thanx man for this great emulator!!!:D

SpacemanSpiff
July 1st, 2006, 18:49
yes for japan or US roms its 60fps and for PAL(europian) roms its 50fps

i would reccomend using the PAL version just because thats 10 fps less the psp's CPU has to process

No, Euro GBA games also run at 60 fps. The reason that Euro console games run at 50 fps is because the PAL TV signal can only output 50 hz, so it cannot display more than 50 frames per second. But the GBA screen outputs 60 hz in all territories.

BTW I don't think the speed percentage values are being calculated correctly either. Many games were running extremely slow but the percentage listed was over 80%. While the first Klonoa game runs at or near full speed and has percentages of 135-150%.

SmashinGit
July 1st, 2006, 19:11
Come on England!

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 19:40
well this im playing castlevania harmony of inocense frame skip 7
render mode max

im level 4 i think so yea this game is quite playable iv betean like 3 bosses and it responds prety fine in thos settings,i tried tweking it to see witch frame skip would make the wip respond bettter and i found out 7 is the fastes for this game that is you guys might wana try it ;)

jOeBrO
July 1st, 2006, 19:42
No, Euro GBA games also run at 60 fps. The reason that Euro console games run at 50 fps is because the PAL TV signal can only output 50 hz, so it cannot display more than 50 frames per second. But the GBA screen outputs 60 hz in all territories.

BTW I don't think the speed percentage values are being calculated correctly either. Many games were running extremely slow but the percentage listed was over 80%. While the first Klonoa game runs at or near full speed and has percentages of 135-150%.

so it really doesnt make a difference then....

oh well makes my life a whole lot easier when searching for roms :)

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 19:45
well i compared the us version of mega man zero with euro one no deference at all that i could notice

SmashinGit
July 1st, 2006, 19:47
Awwwwwwww!

siulmagic
July 1st, 2006, 19:51
but do try castle vania ;)

Mew
July 1st, 2006, 23:05
zx-81, I love you!
Would you marry me? :D

Thank you for letting me play Wario Ware on my PSP!! =))

zx-81
July 1st, 2006, 23:24
zx-81, I love you!
Would you marry me? :D

Thank you for letting me play Wario Ware on my PSP!! =))

loool ! sorry i get married already :o :D :eek:

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 23:29
loool ! sorry i get married already :o :D :eek:

I love you too:eek:

gunntims0103
July 1st, 2006, 23:35
well zx-81 i have a question what made you take up this emu when i pm'ed you about it a while ago you said that it would be close to not being able to be done then when i saw a release i thought you were holding out info on me:D what made you take this up

its alsum and i hope you keep working on it until its as close to full speed as possible

could you patch the prob that doent allow you to play kingdom hearts chain of memories as many of us want to play this but no gba emu for psp can run it

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 23:38
Thats why i think he should take on the arcade raine emu or sega cd when hes done with this one you can do it ZX

zx-81
July 1st, 2006, 23:46
well zx-81 i have a question what made you take up this emu when i pm'ed you about it a while ago you said that it would be close to not being able to be done then when i saw a release i thought you were holding out info on me:D what made you take this up

its alsum and i hope you keep working on it until its as close to full speed as possible

could you patch the prob that doent allow you to play kingdom hearts chain of memories as many of us want to play this but no gba emu for psp can run it

Sorry i'm not a magician lol, it seems that this rom is 32Mb ... psp got 32Mb ...:( :(

pakkman781
July 2nd, 2006, 01:00
Nice emulator. I've been following it for a couple releases, and it keeps getting better! Still, there are a few things that need doing:

1. Needs to be faster, of course! :)
2. Support for 16Mb Roms (no Fire Red for me :( )
3. Why are you using the select key for menu? I'd say move it to a different key, maybe both shoulder buttons at once? That way start and select, can actually be start and select

Keep em' comin'! :D

siulmagic
July 2nd, 2006, 01:10
cant you like load the roms to the memory stick insted of the ram or would that be rather hard to get?

ether way i love this emu keep up the good work im loving castle vania harmony of Disonace =D

SmashinGit
July 2nd, 2006, 01:12
Well i'm guessing zx-81 will be downgrading very soon, if he aint done it already. Could you imagine what this guy could be capable of?

siulmagic
July 2nd, 2006, 05:21
i cant wait for another release XD

mameuser
July 2nd, 2006, 12:40
Street Fighter 2 Tubro Rival crash when load

duhveed
July 2nd, 2006, 16:48
hi zx-81,

please help me. i'm using psp firmware 2.6 and when I try loading the gba emulator, all i can see is a black screen and then after a few seconds, the console would just turn itself off.

What could be wrong?

Any input would be highly appreciated :D

Thanks

zx-81
July 2nd, 2006, 19:07
hi zx-81,

please help me. i'm using psp firmware 2.6 and when I try loading the gba emulator, all i can see is a black screen and then after a few seconds, the console would just turn itself off.

What could be wrong?

Any input would be highly appreciated :D

Thanks

You can try the eboot of the fw1.5/pspvba/ directory instead of the fw2.0/pspvba/ ... I've found big bugs with tommydanger (who were in the original VBA code) that might explain the crash on 2.6 ...

:(

Gazz021
July 2nd, 2006, 22:05
Just tried with pro beach soccer sound a bit off but game flowing fastter,keep up the good work

mr_nick666
July 2nd, 2006, 22:21
Nice emulator. I've been following it for a couple releases, and it keeps getting better! Still, there are a few things that need doing:

1. Needs to be faster, of course! :)
2. Support for 16Mb Roms (no Fire Red for me :( )
3. Why are you using the select key for menu? I'd say move it to a different key, maybe both shoulder buttons at once? That way start and select, can actually be start and select

Keep em' comin'! :D

How about both shoulder buttons + start? (Some games require both shoulder buttons - you'd constantly be entering the menu!) :o

EXCELLENT work ZX - You NEVER fail to perform! :D

You are the Zidane of homebrew! ;)

jOeBrO
July 2nd, 2006, 23:40
Well i'm guessing zx-81 will be downgrading very soon, if he aint done it already. Could you imagine what this guy could be capable of?

no.. i cant imagine....

hes that good.....

EDIT: wait i've thought of something... full speed gba emulator :D :D (zx-81, say hello to the media engine)

mameuser
July 3rd, 2006, 02:11
Hope the next release will be a signifcant

kikin 69
July 3rd, 2006, 04:52
tx

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 06:15
My pokemon dont work

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 07:19
its pukimun,
its a shame :(

pspfan
July 3rd, 2006, 07:57
Acidburn05,
Pokemon Saphire, Pokemon Ruby, and Pokemon Emerald all work. Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green do not work.

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 08:38
Acidburn05,
Pokemon Saphire, Pokemon Ruby, and Pokemon Emerald all work. Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green do not work.

Thanks for all the rom testing i do this one blew right past me i was using the last version.:)

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 09:12
pukimun..............
*drools*

mameuser
July 3rd, 2006, 10:36
Most of the 32MB rom are 2in1 game pack are working but not other... I wonder

BTW, speed speed speeedddddd

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 10:37
ZX is awsome speed will come in do time

mameuser
July 3rd, 2006, 12:47
For the moment i've only fixed bugs, and modifiy a bit the emulator (to integrate requested feature, such as having the emulator menu on startup etc ...)

For the speed, i have not any good idea from now, so don't hope major change in the next release

This the next version 1.04 update .......... no speed:eek:

Lodis
July 3rd, 2006, 12:55
oh my!

The source code of those ''other ppl'' would have most likely been of help to Zx-81 while he was coding this GBA emulator.

Indeed in his first release, he stated that he used some of the sound engine source from the previous (unfinished) GBA emulator which has now been improved upon greatly.

In this Psp community I see all Devs as important as one step needs to be taken in order to walk a thousand miles eventually. All of the previous unfinished GBA emulators source must have been useful and unless I could do better I will only say thanks to them and ZX-81 likewise.

zx-81
July 3rd, 2006, 13:04
The source code of those ''other ppl'' would have most likely been of help to Zx-81 while he was coding this GBA emulator.

Indeed in his first release, he stated that he used some of the sound engine source from the previous (unfinished) GBA emulator which has now been improved upon greatly.

In this Psp community I see all Devs as important as one step needs to be taken in order to walk a thousand miles eventually. All of the previous unfinished GBA emulators source must have been useful and unless I could do better I will only say thanks to them and ZX-81 likewise.

+1, and i just wanted to add, that without the work of psp298 i would have never begun this port ;) .. He proved that a GBA emulator port on PSP was possible (even not full speed), so that's why i've tried on my side ...

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 13:09
And we appreciated deeply

LPT
July 3rd, 2006, 13:26
Sorry but Im using firmware 2.71,and when I run,it always said this game cannot be started,the data is corrupted:(So how can I run it:(Thanks for reply:(

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 13:28
I ve been playing Tiger Woods and Fifa 05 on skip frame 3 and render mode to fit. It plays very well a little juddery but we are getting there,i can't wait for the next update.Also N64 update.:D

zx-81
July 3rd, 2006, 13:28
sorry but no homebrew can be run on 2.71 ;) ...

LPT
July 3rd, 2006, 13:42
sorry but no homebrew can be run on 2.71 ;) ...
So sad,but anyway,thanks:(

delta191
July 3rd, 2006, 16:05
:( still runs to slow! it's a pity - sound is all distorted
on defender, runs ok with sound off but the sounds half the game.

like the menu:)

I'll try the next release, hope the speed improves with sound enabled. this will make it as good as Dgen!

Good luck!

ratboy135
July 3rd, 2006, 16:15
anione know how to speed it up my games are unplayable

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 17:27
hi ratboy just keep trying different frame rates with different games mate,I played Tiger Woods on frame rate 3 and pro beach soccer on 5.

kfish2oo2
July 3rd, 2006, 17:40
Stop complaining about the speed! This is way faster than any other GBA emu ATM anyway so its the fastest your going to get. And in every update zx updates the speed too, so shut it.

Does anyone know of a way to get VisualBoy Advance save files to work on zx's psp port?

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 18:08
anione know how to speed it up my games are unplayable
Yhis just in the beta state we no ZX-81 is awsome but even he isnt a miracle worker it takes time

Gazz021
July 4th, 2006, 16:57
yeah this is the best GBA Emu so far,I am currently playing The Sims Bustin out and its on frame rate 2 and i ve turned the ingame music off,its playing just like it should. Excellent!!:D

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 17:12
Hey you guys should try the latest version which is 1.0.4

Gazz021
July 5th, 2006, 12:46
what is the best GBA rpg? can someone recommend one. What r Golden Sun and Harvest Moon like?

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 16:04
what is the best GBA rpg? can someone recommend one. What r Golden Sun and Harvest Moon like?
They are very good also try Fire Emblem and FF IV:D

Gazz021
July 5th, 2006, 23:31
Hi Acidburn05,I've been playing Harvest Moon-more friends of mineral town on my psp.Its the first Harvest moon i ve played and its addictive.

zx-81
July 6th, 2006, 00:04
Hey you guys should try the latest version which is 1.0.4

And soon the v1.0.5 (when France will win the worldcup :D :D :D ).

Kramer
July 6th, 2006, 00:06
And soon the v1.0.5 (when France will win the worldcup :D :D :D ).

looks like where not getting v1.0.5 for a while then
lol :D

zx-81
July 6th, 2006, 00:06
looks like where not getting v1.0.5 for a while then
lol :D

LOOOOL :D :D :D

moss81
January 13th, 2008, 07:21
hello

JKKDARK
January 13th, 2008, 10:49
hello

Please read the rules and don't revive old threads. This is an outdated emulator already.

travisgoldd
February 11th, 2008, 06:19
hi nice emulator

zx-81
February 11th, 2008, 09:38
this project is a dead project, use gPSP emulator from exophase instead (it's much faster than this one ;) ).

bah
February 11th, 2008, 10:07
It's dead, but it lives on in our memories. Remembered as the result of one very talented and determined guy striving to do something no one else at the time had. :)

Until gpSP delivered a fatal blow it was king.
Le Roi est mort. Vive le Roi!

zx-81
February 11th, 2008, 10:40
merci bah :)

Killclownz
September 30th, 2008, 19:43
cooI! it works with my psp

zx-81
October 1st, 2008, 09:03
i suggest you to use gpsp emulator instead (from exophase) ... pspvba is really slow ...