PDA

View Full Version : Hackmii news - 26c3 wrap up

wraggster
January 4th, 2010, 23:41
News from Bushing

The annual Chaos Communication Congress (CCC) is always a bittersweet experience for me — I always go there with projects that I hope to work on (this year: SPMP, a TV Plug’n'Play version of Bejeweled with an SPG chip inside, a couple of DSis + TWLFPGA boards, SD cards and a logic analyzer to work on BootMii/SD card fail), and I almost never get a chance to work on any of them. This year was no different, so I really should know better at this point.

We once again managed to snag a couple of tables in the Hackcenter for console hacking, and we did actually have a few consoles — mainly some Wiis and DSis in pieces. Hardware was exchanged, and we looked at soldering the 50+ wires needed to connect up a twlfpga board to a DSi and just sort of gave up due to lack of lighting and the chaotic environment. No, CCC is more of an occasion to meet old friends and make new ones. I was also selling Proxmark3s that I had made for the occasion, and had the chance to meet some of the people behind that project.

There were plenty of interesting talks, and the nice thing about CCC (compared to the American conferences I’ve been to) is that you can watch them from home, either live via streaming video, or download the video in a variety of formats after the conference. Here are some of the ones I considered to be personal highlights:

http://hackmii.com/2010/01/26c3-wrap-up/