PDA

View Full Version : [Breaking News] 2.50/2.60 Downgrader - v5 Beta Released

DPyro
July 1st, 2006, 05:30
"Yes, you have read the title right - 2.50/2.60 Downgrader. Dark_Alex, along with Mathieulh and Yoshihiro from SonyXTeam, have released the first working 2.50/2.60 downgrader. Most credit goes to Dark_Alex (as said by Mathieulh) as he is the founder of the downgrader. Also, we would all like to give our thanks to Hitchhikr for the exploit that made this all possible. We have seen several betas over the past few days, several of which have been confirmed as non-working. However, just a few moments ago, Mathieulh released a beta version of the upcoming v5 of the downgrader. Dark_Alex is current asleep as I am typing this, and thus can not release the final version (non-beta). If you choose to use this downgrader, use it at your own risk!! This is still a beta version!! A lot of people are reporting success, but please, try at your own risk!

The IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is full of discussion over this downgrader and we are right there, getting every bit of information for you. The main discussions occur at Fanjita's channel (join #fanjita on Toc2rta). Now, you are probably wondering how the downgrader works after the previous attempts failed. Mathieulh says it best in the release thread - "It uses some sony libraries found in the 1.50 updater to perform the most critical steps, the logical format of the flash, and the ipl writing. See technical details for more info about how it works." The technical details can be found in the release thread. "

VIA PSP Updates (http://pspupdates.qj.net/)

Warning
This flashes your PSP and could render it useless! Use at your own risk!

Before downgrading, make sure you meet the following requirements -
Your PSP is not a TA-082 (If you do have this PSP version, it may result in a brick)
You do not have a factory 2.5/2.60 PSP (DG only works on updated PSP's)

Kaiser
July 1st, 2006, 05:33
DCemu is not going to allow this touch the front page until its been proven to work from soemone outside QJ.

TheEmulatorGuy
July 1st, 2006, 05:33
Even though this does work, I strongly suggest to wait until others get their PSPs bricked and the bugs are stamped out. Because right now you're not safe at all. Best to wait a while. Yes, I know it works fully, but just stay on the smart side and wait.

iamtheonetruejebus
July 1st, 2006, 05:34
is this really true is this actually a 2.60 downgrader
has anybody tried to run this with succession let me know cuz i only have one psp that runs everything i want ...well except for the universal remote but i dont even know if that works on a 1.50...oh well ill just wait till somebody tries it on there psp....maybe ...just maybe theyre psp wont get bricked....

DPyro
July 1st, 2006, 05:35
Yep, but still good to know for those that are desperate. :)

TheEmulatorGuy
July 1st, 2006, 05:36
I have had hundreds of people report it works, and none that have had their PSPs bricked.

Emeriastone
July 1st, 2006, 05:37
if it's true, then there is a god...

Kaiser
July 1st, 2006, 05:37
Yep, but still good to know for those that are desperate. :)

Yeah sorry for stepping on your toes there bud, but as the TheEmulatorGuy said its best to wait this one out for a little bit.

driller_killer
July 1st, 2006, 05:38
yes it works. i downgraded my psp already. but i understand the fact that you guys dont trust qj.net. ;)

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 05:39
i need to know the actual models of the psp from stariting point till now.
my question is "what is the model TA-082?, average date it came out?"
i really need to know

driller_killer
July 1st, 2006, 05:41
they are recent. just check your psp by opening the umd door and looking for the ic3001 marking on the right side of the psp. if it has it.... then you have a TA-082

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 06:24
shit, mine doesnt have it,
thanks anyway

Gizmo356
July 1st, 2006, 06:35
if it doesnt have it than you can downgrade

dtothabreezy
July 1st, 2006, 06:49
check fanjitas site chat there lot of ppl clamin succes
:D

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:03
oh god oh god then im gonna do it too :D

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:05
but im not really sure cause my encryption letter is B this psp i have is one of the second oldest release on psp hardware

Gizmo356
July 1st, 2006, 07:06
let us know what happens

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 07:07
good luck acn010 remember get all the files from psp-updates, and fanjitas loader. reformat the stick and return the psp to factory settings. then install the loader and put the files into ur root,

good luck and i cant wait to welcom you to the 2.6 downgrader sucessess

evil scotsmans brick was a user based mistake
just get the files from psp-updates :D

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 07:08
i hereby declare evil scotsmans mem stick" THE BRICKONATOR"

BL4Z3D247
July 1st, 2006, 07:15
yeh acn010 let me know how it goes...and good luck bro

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:16
Im An Imbicil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A ****ing Retard Of Me. ****
Idon't Have A Gta Game!!!!!!!!!!

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:25
I NEVER HAD THE GAME CAUSE I WAS A 2.00 USER USING A v2.5 DUMMY WHICH MEANS THAT I USED TO PLAY 2.50 GAMES, I GOT TIRED OF BEING A 2.00 CAUSE OF ITS KERNEL MODE LIMITATIONS so i downgraded it to 1.50. then setting it with my 2.00 dummy to play 2.00 games.
a week later, my ****ing brother bought me & mr. katamari which had a 2.60 version and played it.
soon i came home my psp was gone and founded in the kitchen charging. i didnt knew till the next day cause i wantes to finish zelda for snes, and loaded and alsoo found out that theres a browser and the location free player crap.
i kept crying, thats why the DS emulator is on hold and started a new project "metroid" for psp V2.70+

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 07:45
ah fak man, tat sux

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 07:46
gta aint a bad game tho...

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:47
meh, my cousin has the game, but he's too lazy to come to my house
i finished the gta game long ago

pkmaximum
July 1st, 2006, 07:47
OMG OMG OMG!!!! I'm firmware 1.5 already and I don't even care that this downgrader does not effect me at all (for my PSP). Now we can welcome all the 2.6- firmwares back down to 1.5 firmware and then the PSP can once again be almost a complete family. SONY has been beaten once again! :) This is outstanding. Now the PSP homebrew scene gets even stronger and the need for a mod chip becomes even less. Now I can't wait until a legal version of DEV Hook can run 2.71 firmware emulation. Then even 1.5 users will be able to play the latest games. Remember guys this is what you call a break through for the PSP scene!!! This is as big as the mph downgrader. The only break through that ever beat this was the KXploit discovery!!! WOO HOO!!! PSP rocks my socks!!!!!!

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:50
OMG OMG OMG!!!! I'm firmware 1.5 already and I don't even care that this downgrader does not effect me at all (for my PSP). Now we can welcome all the 2.6- firmwares back down to 1.5 firmware and then the PSP can once again be almost a complete family. SONY has been beaten once again! :) This is outstanding. Now the PSP homebrew scene gets even stronger and the need for a mod chip becomes even less. Now I can't wait until a legal version of DEV Hook can run 2.71 firmware emulation. Then even 1.5 users will be able to play the latest games. Remember guys this is what you call a break through for the PSP scene!!! This is as big as the mph downgrader. The only break through that ever beat this was the KXploit discovery!!! WOO HOO!!! PSP rocks my socks!!!!!!
what enctryption code letter you have on the box of the psp

noi
July 1st, 2006, 07:54
well, i will try the procedure..i have one 2.6...will post result..hope to be success. :)

BL4Z3D247
July 1st, 2006, 07:56
well, i will try the procedure..i have one 2.6...will post result..hope to be success. :)
did u read the readme carefully??? and make sure ur psp wasn't a TA-082 or a factory 2.5/2.6????

the one and only
July 1st, 2006, 07:56
good luck bro

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 07:58
watch, he's gonna fail
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

vettacossx
July 1st, 2006, 08:00
i have a psp ic: 409b-psp1001 2.6 fw psp i might try after the weeks out ;) but i need to see some BETTER ratios ;) like 80% success rate ;)

Gizmo356
July 1st, 2006, 08:00
my psp ses psp-1001k or is it the letter c because its on the psp box too

vettacossx
July 1st, 2006, 08:05
i poped out my battery 2 see mine ;)

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 08:11
it is in the box guys and theres a letter. like they show on sesame street

ENG
July 1st, 2006, 08:24
WOW, if this works it's great news for those with 2.6 psp's, but i still have the feeling that some people with the wrong type psp will try to use it, resulting in a brick.

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 08:28
WOW, if this works it's great news for those with 2.6 psp's, but i still have the feeling that some people with the wrong type psp will try to use it, resulting in a brick.

im also worried about the noobs with this downgrader, hope thy read really carfully, and know what there doing........

noi
July 1st, 2006, 09:06
did u read the readme carefully??? and make sure ur psp wasn't a TA-082 or a factory 2.5/2.6????

yess of course, just wait..just want to make sure...charging the battery to make to sure...im working now...huhuhu..hope not to be bricked..:D

Kaiser
July 1st, 2006, 09:59
Okay DCemu has waited out the storm and we're glad to report this "Downdater" is the real deal. You guys can continue this discussion here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27932).