PDA

View Full Version : Single game console emulators (specifically N64)

Khorney
July 1st, 2006, 15:17
Lo peeps,

I know theres another N64 thread, and the issues about there being a lack of RAM which make the emulation of most of the games impossible, but i have also read that some of the ealier games (eg mario 64) should be able to work. Then looking through the list of DC emulators i noticed single game arcade emulators.

I was wondering if it were possible to make a single game N64 emualtor (ala Bleem!cast), specifically geared to emulate said game, which i think would make the performance of it better, no?

any thoughts on the workablility of this whimsical idea would be appriciated ;)

oh and a link to the N64 emulator that was worked on before that was alluded to in the previous thread:

http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/dcnin64.shtml

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 16:32
it's possible but that way we would never see a fully compatible emulator. What you speak of is called HLE. If you remember "Ultra HLE" for the PC, it could play the games it was coded specificaly for very well but others not so good.

So i doubt anyone will go down this road.

Just be patient, Monkey64 and Daedalus will both be fullspeed (hopefully) in the end :D

Khorney
July 2nd, 2006, 10:11
yeah, they look cool, but i havn't bothered loading their current builds onto my PSP yet. Hears hoping for fully portable OOT (w00t)