PDA

View Full Version : TA-082 downgrader possible?

Misleading
July 1st, 2006, 16:08
Wow i got a used psp about a month ago. but i returned it for a new one becuase the keys were broken. It came with 2.5 firmware and was a Ta-082 mother board. So do you think a TA-082 downgrader is possible? Also what is diffent with ta-082 and the old boards? finally what are the chances of the ablity of homebrew on 2.6 with out gta.

yah it sucks because people with ta-082 are going to get left in the dust because most of the emulators will require 1.5 with there me engines.:mad:

Reficul
July 1st, 2006, 18:56
Wow i got a used psp about a month ago. but i returned it for a new one becuase the keys were broken. It came with 2.5 firmware and was a Ta-082 mother board. So do you think a TA-082 downgrader is possible? Also what is diffent with ta-082 and the old boards? finally what are the chances of the ablity of homebrew on 2.6 with out gta.

yah it sucks because people with ta-082 are going to get left in the dust because most of the emulators will require 1.5 with there me engines.:mad:

i wouldnt try it..............but you might want to......maybe it'll work!

i know when i downgraded today it was amazing....snes is running..........freakin amazin!....

i just cant get dev hook working....lol

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 19:00
im gonna tell you this:
don't even dare downgrading your psp.
wait till the next release beacause this is just a beta
if you do it, you'll be another victim with a bricked psp

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 19:02
wait for the modchip. at least if it bricks, you can restore it anyway then :p

extreemiL
July 1st, 2006, 19:47
the modchip doesnt work for his mobo

Accordion
July 1st, 2006, 19:51
i think a downgrader will never ever work for that version, the hardware is incapable of running older firmwares, even if you replace the files directly onto flash all boot fucntions will fail!!

go to the ps2dev forums and do a search, its not good news

k0pp0
July 1st, 2006, 21:32
I'm in the same boat. I suppose the only way of us being able to run kernel mode homebrew is for someone to hack the bios, and create something that will work with a downgrader app. Pretty tall order...

But here's hoping...

In the meantime, I'll be happy if people keep writing apps that will work for the 2.50/2.60 bios (especially n64, mame, neogeo etc etc :D )

DarkXstrife
August 1st, 2006, 05:14
i thought that fajita got kernal working on 2.5/2.6 thats why they were able to make a downgrader. So why dont they make a eloader with kernal then were good to go!

lamborguini
August 1st, 2006, 07:14
I have a 2.60 right now with the same board. Just use GTA eloader 0.97. It works but it tend to go slow and the screen went so small.........as if you are playing nintendo "game and watch". I only tried it on nintendo emulator though, I'm still experimenting my system, probably by the end of this week, I will try testing SNES emulator

NoQuarter
August 1st, 2006, 08:25
there is a firmware module device that should be supporting ta-082's soon.

kando
August 3rd, 2006, 02:36
i got a ta-082....stella (atari 2600) emu does not work...snes works decently enough w/ proper frame skipping...nes, genesis, game gear, sms, and CPS1 work almost flawlessly.

yea im stuck w/ GTA loader, and 85% of the homebrew apps wont work for me....so what if i have to spend 2 hours testing new programs and popping in and out my battery and reloading GTA all over again and again....

but heck, im thrilled being able to play them any way possible. a ta-082 downgrader would make me wet my pants tho.

or theres a good chance sony will leave some code open to exploit in their 3.0 firmware....heres crossing my fingers!

Mushslap
August 20th, 2006, 04:07
Why Must Sony be So Smart??????

TA-082 are the worst:(

andrew24
August 20th, 2006, 04:47
i thought that fajita got kernal working on 2.5/2.6 thats why they were able to make a downgrader. So why dont they make a eloader with kernal then were good to go!

like accordian boy said:

i think a downgrader will never ever work for that version, the hardware is incapable of running older firmwares, even if you replace the files directly onto flash all boot fucntions will fail!!

it cant work. and id love to be proved rong. but it simply cant run old firmwares.
________
fake weed (http://syntheticweed.org)

roaddogg2k2
August 20th, 2006, 05:46
just a question.
Why is it harder to hack the new bios rather than the old bios?
The old bios was cracked in no time at all right?
So why would the new one be different?

scottyboynow
August 20th, 2006, 12:08
The Unfortunate Reason (I Think) Is Because Of The Lower Voltage Running Through The TA-082 Motherboard So The Modchip Doesnt Have Enough Power thats The Reason Why You TA Guys Cant Downgrade (At The Mo) But It Wont Be Long :-|

The EX
August 20th, 2006, 12:15
You can not d/grade a TA-082 below 2.01 they are made to not go below that f/w, if it does it bricks!

Gene
August 22nd, 2006, 18:58
maybe not a downgrader, but a custom firmware, that thinks its a 2.6