PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of downgrading what are the benefits

Haggisdodger
July 1st, 2006, 17:17
Before i decide to downgrade to 1.50 can you list some benefits i already know that emulation is quicker but just how much faster? And what else can i look forward to. Thanks

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 17:20
it's definatly worth it :D

Homebrew from the menu, selection of every homebrew application made, full speed snes emulation..................need i go on? :p

Reficul
July 1st, 2006, 19:54
100% worth it..........works amazing......snes is dirt smooth now.........everything is sexy

Haggisdodger
July 1st, 2006, 22:09
just had a quick look at whats happening and saw "is downgrading the best way to go" must have saw my thread:-) , i think personally i will wait a few weeks then decide even though snes emulation at full speed sound tempting. At the mo im happy with neogeo cd and super punch out(snes) running at a good rate. Hopefully the kernal exploit found will make homebrew run at a good rate if not 1.5 i go.

gotmilk0112
July 1st, 2006, 22:13
i can think of like a billion reasons LOL

1. faster emulation
2. quake 2
3. no having to boot up GTA
4. access to ALL homebrew
5. no having to wait for the E-loader to load
6. no having to go into the PHOTO menu to get to the homebrew (2.0)
7. no special set-up required (cept' Kxploit)
8. can use RunUMD / Devhook to run UMDs for later firmware

DOWNGRADE TO 1.50 NOW!!!! i am going to do it as soon as i get home to my mom's house! :D :D :D :D

winterone
July 2nd, 2006, 19:32
If you down grade to 1.5, from say 2.5, will you be able to play the newer games to come?

Haggisdodger
July 2nd, 2006, 21:12
If you mean commercial games then the answer is yes you can use programs like dev hook.

SSaxdude
July 2nd, 2006, 21:52
Almost all games can be played on 1.5 using the various loaders. Dev Hook is the newest and best one out there.