PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hamill 'never asked' to voice Star Wars game

wraggster
January 5th, 2010, 21:17
Luke Skywalker actor Mark Hamill has told PC Zone that he's never been asked to lend his voice to a Star Wars game.

Despite his starring role in George Lucas's original movie trilogy and a successful voice-over career in games - including the Wing Commander series and recent smash Batman: Arkham Asylum - Hamill said that LucasArts had never contacted him to ask if he fancied relinquishing his role for a console release.

He told Zone:

"When I played Luke from 1977 to 1983, games were in their infancy. I talked about turning a page and starting a new chapter. Those movies had a beginning, middle and end, and everyone sort of moved on.

"I don't really know how to answer that, because I've never been asked to do it. That's fine, though.

"If you're playing Luke the way he was in the films - from his late teens to mid-'20s - I've outgrown the role. In the story, Luke is so boy-next-door farm boy, it's like Dorothy in Oz. All the other characters that surround him are fantastic."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=230771?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS