PDA

View Full Version : N64 emulator full speed guys!!!!

pkmaximum
July 2nd, 2006, 05:04
Alright I no you are already probaly thinking impossible ya right. Well a coder that worked on Ultra HLE emulator is working on this. And has just reported a news update on his progress. Now this is not a typical emulator guys its like each individual game has a specific loader. And currently the only games running full speed are...(I think you will be pleased) Mario 64, Golden Eye, and the big finally Zelda Ocarina of Time!!!

Check the news for your self guys (I know you ahte the site but this is worth it!):

www.pspupdates.qj.net

Gizmo356
July 2nd, 2006, 05:25
wow

SpacemanSpiff
July 2nd, 2006, 05:25
http://yurgay.googlepages.com/i-want-to-believe.jpg

crowba
July 2nd, 2006, 09:37
oh they got a video ? why no release...

one winged angel
July 2nd, 2006, 09:46
cause its a hoax

V3N0M
July 2nd, 2006, 10:23
Well i hope PSdonkey isn't involved. But anyways don't judge this yet, time will tell if its real.

rehbock
July 2nd, 2006, 10:33
i would say Fake

mesosade
July 2nd, 2006, 10:41
and my arse is made of cheese but no one will believe me (sob) (sob)

wraggster
July 2nd, 2006, 11:28
yeah at the mo treat it as a fake, ive checked the GBA coders i know and they dont know the coder involved and also theres no site on the net with any releases etc.

QJnet are probably gonna offer him cash like they did to fanjita and PSPkick for an exclusive release or maybe they know his website and wont divulge as per usual.

we shall see in time

Ultrahle is no easy emu though and im sure its optimised for x86.

Dont believe all you read, remember the place it was posted are kings of spam ;)

ENG
July 2nd, 2006, 12:06
Dont believe all you read, remember the place it was posted are kings of spam ;)

lol, i agree, at the moment i also treat it as a fake, all that is shown are pictures, so, not really any proof, even i could have probably made pictures that look like that.

razorak
July 2nd, 2006, 12:12
only time will tell if it's a hoax...in the meantime i'm keeping my fingers crossed...daedalus R5 crashes within 5 minutes and i can't downgrade my psp...ar well....Life sucks sometimes

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 13:28
hoax definatly. i could take pictures of quake 2 PSP and say "LOOK FULL SPEED!!!11!!1!1" :p

mesosade
July 2nd, 2006, 14:14
i mean c'mon anyone who believes is this oh so gullible those pictures could of been displayed on a homebrew picture viewer though i gotta admit the whole concept of separate eboots for specific games so they ran faster was rather convincing

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 14:22
Im going to keep an open mind on this fir the time being...

rehbock
July 2nd, 2006, 14:25
hoax definatly. i could take pictures of quake 2 PSP and say "LOOK FULL SPEED!!!11!!1!1" :p

q2psp is fullspeed : P
but back to topic i saw a movie of this emulator in pspdonkeys signature .... whatever

Accordion
July 2nd, 2006, 16:17
erm...
ignore, for know, this type of thing is too common

(by the way quake 2 is not full speed)

FullGore
July 2nd, 2006, 16:30
When I read that Goldeneye ran at full speed, I stopped believing

mesosade
July 2nd, 2006, 16:48
i feel like starting a stupid hoax...like...ps2 on psp!!! now where's my psp...ahh here it is now load up the picture viewer eboot...hey cool pic of devil may cry 3! i'm gonna take a pic of my psp! this pic looks so cool i'm gonna post on dcemu about how cool it is...whoops i said perfect ps2 emu on psp...o well i'll let em' believe

Kramer
July 2nd, 2006, 16:50
When I read that Goldeneye ran at full speed, I stopped believing

yeah same here it doesnt even play proply on pj64

pkmaximum
July 2nd, 2006, 17:10
I know you guys are rather skeptical about this believe I am too. But as a huge Zelda Fanatic it doesn't really matter to me even if I'm being fooled like a utter idiot. And you do have to remember he did say that each rom loader was hard coded for that specific rom. So basically Its like they made emulators for each individual rom. And I would most likly guarentee if Project64 took the same approach and did that on a computer they would have a lot of the roms that don't currently run well, running full speed. But one thing that gives me hope about this emulator is the fact its a actual coder, and coders are usually not the ones to hoax. But Wraggster crashed and burned some of that hope ;) When he said that he could not find the coders name mentioned anywhere. But like Zion said its probaly best to keep an open mind about this, because after all Strmmmmn and Monkey prooved N64 emulatioin on the PSP is not impossible. Lets see were this goes in the end. Just give it a week guys because after all he did say he would releases it in only a matter of days, so if in 1-2 weeks tops then we know he is a fake. And then we go on with life.

ACID
July 2nd, 2006, 17:32
I agree also none moving picss has to be B***

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 17:48
it might very well be a hoax but thats what everyone said about dark_alex' downgrader, even thought he is well known for his contributions to the psp scene, but only time will tell, me for one is hoping its not a hoax but we'll see

ExcruciationX
July 2nd, 2006, 17:52
Well, I am hoping it is real, but I have never heard the coder's name before. I am going to be waiting patiently for two weeks.

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 17:58
yeah, i don't believe till it comes out for download, then ill believe it

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 18:05
yeah, i don't believe till it comes out for download, then ill believe it
yep if i see it on this site for d/l i'll believe it

SSaxdude
July 2nd, 2006, 18:08
Hey, 2.6 can be downgraded so anything's possible.

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 18:12
i read the report and some members on that site don't believe it either, but how can this go full speed on mario, zelda, 007. and some doesn't , this emulator is separate for each specified game in a eboot

rehbock
July 2nd, 2006, 18:13
ok i changed my point of view if this emulator based on HLE its maybe possible to run mario , Zelda or Goldeneye fullspeed.
HLE is a emulator which could run n64 on low systems ,which worked with a voodoo card :eek:

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 18:17
ok i changed my point of view if this emulator based on HLE its maybe possible to run mario , Zelda or Goldeneye fullspeed.
HLE is a emulator which could run n64 on low systems ,which worked with a voodoo card :eek:
yeah, and the emulator is specified for each rom to play by separate eboots
this makes sense now

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 18:18
sorry if a double post.............
im out for the hours, ill be back

felonyr301
July 2nd, 2006, 18:23
i did heard of it before a long time ago for pc and im hoping that its true and im with pkmaximum im a sucker for zelda *crosses fingers*

ExcruciationX
July 2nd, 2006, 18:24
Yeah, that or Corn would be a exellent port, because Corn was also designed for lower end systems. I was thinking about porting it long ago, but I could not find the source code anywhere! :(

stotheamuel
July 2nd, 2006, 19:11
1. If they were that good we'd know of them.

2. I wonder why the 3 games they happen to get to run full speed are the 3 most popular games? hmm

3. it's easy to photoshop or use an image viewer..

4.they couldnt even fake a video... even the biggest, most unbelievable, (atleast he was the most unbelievable untill now) scam artist AKA. donkey could make a video..

V3N0M
July 2nd, 2006, 19:29
Well thats what i'm worried about. If Donkey has anything to do with this i'm going to kick his ass. If i can find him that is...What a Cowered.

rehbock
July 2nd, 2006, 19:41
i just worry that strmnnrmn (difficult nickname) asked him for his improvements in pre r5

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 20:20
hmmmm