PDA

View Full Version : DGEN - Help need

incubussonne
July 2nd, 2006, 14:21
Hi im new to the emulation scene on the psp (but iv'e been using them for many years now on my pc).

The problem that i am having is that, im unable to save my game's on Dgen. The game im trying to play is shining force 2. Whenever i save the game (in game) and reload the game later the save disappears.

So my question is has anyone else had this problem with the emulator (im using the gta exploit because my psp is 2.50) or are there any other megadrive emulator's that have a save state function.

Any help would be blinding :)

*edit* Don't worry got it sorted. Changed the version of dgen i was using. Taking me most the day to figure it out

All hail my stupidness!!!:) :) :)

kyle2194
July 2nd, 2006, 21:21
I think its because DGEN doesnt exit correctly. Either play the game, save, then load another game before you exit, or downgrade to 1.5 if your willing.

SSaxdude
July 2nd, 2006, 21:41
Downgrade, homebrew is a ton easier on 1.5.

slaphappygamer
July 3rd, 2006, 05:53
check your settings on the "state list" tab. my settings are (from 1 to 5):
1 and 2)on memory and ms
3)slot 0-9
4 and 5)slot 0

these are the default settings. also, you should be using dgen 1.60. if this dosent work and your rom is ok then you should downdate to 1.50. cuz thats where all the fun is!:D

Tanis6909
August 22nd, 2006, 17:55
incubussonne:

did you say you got this to work?? what version of DGen are you running? i have DGen 1.3 on a 2.6 psp and i cant get it to save s**t.
the main thing i wanted to do once i got emulators on my psp was play shining force 1 & 2, but thats impossible without saving....how, oh how, mighty incubssonne, did you do it?

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 20:24
doesn't Dgen have save states, if it does you should use that :)

Tanis6909
August 22nd, 2006, 21:41
well, it will save the states just fine, and it will even load them back just fine....but once you quit out of the emulator and come back into it, the states are gone

i hear the problem is fixed in DGen 1.6, but that doesnt run on a 2.6 firmware