PDA

View Full Version : DOSBox and Kings Quest VI CD Sound

Nerfhurter514
January 7th, 2010, 01:22
Hopefully you all can help me. I have been trying to get Kings Quest VI to work on DOSBox. So far I have successfully gotten it to run full speed with no stuttering of sound when it plays. However the only issue I have is that it is missing the normal background sounds like music and ambiance (waves and birds). If anyone has played this game you know that the music isn't needed but definitely makes the game a lot better.

My current setup to get the sound to run right (before it was stuttering) is cpu cycle fixed at 3000, sample rates at 44100 and block at 256.

To get the game running in the first place I had to install the game on PC (acessing the SD card was too slow and locked up when trying to install via the DOSBox on the Wii) Then copy the folder that's installed and the files from the CD. I mounted them as 2 separate folders. They seem to be running just fine but the background sound just won't work. It works perfectly fine on PC DOSBox, I checked the conf files of both the PC and Wii for DOSBox and they are identical.

I think I've narrowed it down to a setting related to the games audio. When installing the game I choose what sound device for 2 seperate categories, Music, and Audio. I'm guessing music is the background noises I'm after. I'll list the choices and see if you all can tell me which are emulated by DOSBox on wii.

For Audio:
Roland MT-32, MT-100, LAPC-I, CM-32L, or CM-64
General MIDI Sound Driver
Pro Audio Spectrum
Sound Blaster / AdLib Card (or compatibles)
Microsoft Windows Sound System
Sound Blaster Pro
IBM PS/1 Audio/Joystick Card
IBM PC or Compatible Internal Speaker

For Music:
IBM PS1
Pro Audio Spectrum
Pro Audio Spectrum 16
Sound Blaster
ThunderBoard
Microsoft Windows Sound System
Disney Sound Source