PDA

View Full Version : Two requests.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 3rd, 2006, 00:12
An N64 Emulator! Project 64 has it's source code available.

http://www.pj64.net/main/download/func,select/id,3/

The controller scheme I see...

L+R+A+B+X+Y-Emulator menu
L-L
R-R
A-A
B-B
X+/|\ or \|/ or <- or ->-C button in respective direction
Y-Z
D-Pad-Control Stick or D-Pad can change with touch screen OR D-Pad-D-pad and use stylus to move the stick.

Then Virtual Boy, source is attached.

Please, SOMEONE work on this! Make my pitiful 13-year-old wishes...fulfiiillleeeddd! *echo...echo...*

TheLamer
July 3rd, 2006, 01:40
Have DS homebrewers even found a way to run opengl on the DS yet ?

That would be its only hope considering the lack of CPU and arm processors at that .

I think some more realistic wishes would be a good Nes emu, megadrive , pc-engine , or commadore 64 emu .

Oh yeah and virtual boy sucks , honestly name one game you have played more than 10 times for that system .

The Hombrew Hunter
July 3rd, 2006, 02:02
Wario Land.

Mario Tennis.

Red Alert.

Mario Clash.

Four!
And did anyone else realize VB had homebrew and a flashcart? Called "Reprogrammable Cartridge".

Junixx
July 3rd, 2006, 02:32
yea an N64 emulator is impossible for the DS because it would need more power

Mazza
July 3rd, 2006, 15:31
I don't think it is possible to emulate a more powerful system. It's like getting a PSP to emulate a PS2 it can't be done.

Some may say the DS is more powerful but it's just better programming. Games may be able ported with a lot of time and effort but no emulator will be made

Mr_Biggs
July 3rd, 2006, 21:06
pwned

The Hombrew Hunter
July 3rd, 2006, 21:31
Then we need a kickass person to port Star Fox 64.

Black Jackal
July 4th, 2006, 13:40
It can't be ported. One: no one has the source for it and second: it's a N64 game, and that is too powerful for the DS to emulate.

So, sorry, it's impossible.

SupaNova
July 4th, 2006, 13:58
Then we need a kickass company, say, ooh, I dunno... Nintendo, to port Starfox 64.

Black Jackal
July 4th, 2006, 14:01
Isn't there already a Star Fox game on the way for DS? I really doubt Ninty would port SF64, it would be pointless....

The Hombrew Hunter
July 4th, 2006, 17:35
No, it HAS to be Star Fox 64. Because Star Fox 64 is the kickass.

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 17:40
No, it HAS to be Star Fox 64. Because Star Fox 64 is the kickass.
. why are you being all shakey and stuff.. way before I and others told you that the DS has its limits. it is just 99% plastic and 1% copper wire.
it cant do much stuff

Mazza
July 4th, 2006, 18:36
I don't want to turn this into a console war but it can do a lot. Power isn't everything.

Mario 64 was ported to DS and I'm sure Starfox 64 would be able to be ported if the development team behind it wanted to put money into such a project

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 22:13
yes, i know but the graphics are different between the original and the DS. they remade it, not porting it, plus button settings the touch sensor, and the map on the touch screen
like the psp with ape escape, is the same thing graphic has change about 2% and the button settings, there just remakes. im not flaming or something like that, just the DS is limited to its functions, unlike the psp, its a small computer that also has its limits but has much more capacity than the DS. thats all

The Hombrew Hunter
July 4th, 2006, 22:23
The DS probably has as much capacity as the PSP. Just no one has found a way to utilize it yet.

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 22:40
The DS probably has as much capacity as the PSP. Just no one has found a way to utilize it yet.
sure, i wanna see that

The Hombrew Hunter
July 4th, 2006, 22:42
Stop being so obnoxious. And stop utilizing bad grammar.

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 22:45
im calm and im not attacking you in any way. believe whatever you want, and thats it..

Black Jackal
July 5th, 2006, 09:35
Homebrew Hunter leave acn010 alone - so what if he has bad grammer? Anyway, as I as well as tons of others have said:

Star Fox 64 is an impossiblity to port. Only Nintendo has the power to do it and seeing as they are about to release a new Star Fox for the DS, I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

So there; stop posting these requests...

Mazza
July 5th, 2006, 10:32
I can see this turning into a flame war.

The PSP and DS both have their advantages and disadvantages.

PSP has the raw power

but

the DS has a touch screen and microphone with more innovative games.

Neither one is a bad console, personally I chose had a PSP and then sold it to get a DS because I prefer the games on this console. Many other people prefer the PSP because of it's multimedia capabilities.

Anyway I'm going to lock this thread seen as the original question has been answered and there is nothing more to say.