PDA

View Full Version : DevHook Is Giving Me Trouble, Any Ideas?

SnoopKatt
July 3rd, 2006, 04:23
A couple days ago I downgraded from 2.6 to 1.5 and I was really happy with all of the homebrew I was able to play. However, when I tried DevHook, I couldn't get it to work. I copied the "dh" folder to the root of the memory stick, and I copied the two DevHook folders and the two DevHook installer folders to the root. I downloaded the 2.5 and the 2.0 eboots, and with PSP Brew I took out the data.psar of 2.5, pasted it in root of the memory stick, and I installed it with the DevHook installer program. I also backed up the registry when it asked me to. I repeated this process with the 2.0 data.psar. Then I launched DevHook, and I configured the settings like this:

TARGET: (reboot XMB)
UMD-MODE: UMD DISC
UMD Ver. 2.xx ->2.00
FLASH: ms0:/dh/200 (MS HOOK) (also tried it with 2.50 via "mso:/dh/250 (MS HOOK)
CLOCK: 266/133

When I tell DevHook to start, it gives a black screen for a few seconds and then my PSP shuts down. Any ideas please? Do you think maybe the downgraded version of 1.5 might prevent DevHook from running? Thank you so much if you can help, I tried another version of DevHook yesterday, but I encountered the exact same problem. By the way, I'm trying to run Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

slaphappygamer
July 3rd, 2006, 05:05
for your "umd-mode" select "iso anyumd" and keep the 250(ms hook) set. gta is jerky when booted with devhook. look into the mphgameloader method for that game. some other games need patches, so lookout for that also.

also, there is a devhook pack around that already has the flashes included. i found in the torrent network (great resouorces there).:D

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 05:12
Try this settings:
UMD__ Anyumd
UMD Ver. 2.xx ->2.00
CLOCK: 333
Flash 2.0

SnoopKatt
July 3rd, 2006, 05:37
I went through DevHook a million times and I couldn't find any option for "Anyumd". I'm using the version that Kaiser posted that had some stuff taken out. Also, I just tried MPHGL, I moved the flash and everythign, and that just shut down the PSP. Do you think maybe upgrading to 2.0 and then downgrading from there might fix the problem?

By the way, I tried RunUMD. It booted GTA, but it took awhile for the game to respond to buttons, and it crashed in less than a couple minutes.

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 05:50
try googleing for it devhook .41d its outthere and it works great

SnoopKatt
July 3rd, 2006, 06:10
DevHook .41d is here, but it has some stuff censored. That was the one I first tried, but it gave me this problem.

On another note, I upgraded to 2.0 and downgraded to 1.5 and I still have the same problem. It's starting to get really frustrating. I even followed Kaiser's guide and it's still not working.

EDIT: Ok I think I might know what the problem is. Parts of my memory card are corrupt, so I'm going to try reformatting it. Also, I can't reinstall DevHook because something screwed up and I can't delete it without reformatting.

SECOND EDIT: Yeah that was the problem believe it or not. I'm playing GTA right now, and so far it's working pretty well. I accidently lost my saves, but I think I can get back to there hopefully easily. Thanks for the help though :)

splodger15
July 3rd, 2006, 13:56
how do i run my fifa street 2 which is a 2.6 on my 1.5 psp i tried dev hook but it doesnt work i installed everything correctley run umd i tried and genesis umd launcher as well but nothing

splodger15
July 3rd, 2006, 14:20
thanks for that post

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 14:58
those files are illegal, you cant link to them.

either remove the link...

or get ready for a ban!

cartmandude14
July 3rd, 2006, 15:55
for your "umd-mode" select "iso anyumd" and keep the 250(ms hook) set. gta is jerky when booted with devhook. look into the mphgameloader method for that game. some other games need patches, so lookout for that also.

also, there is a devhook pack around that already has the flashes included. i found in the torrent network (great resouorces there).:D

I Downgraded and my gta isn't jerky at all with devhook.

SnoopKatt
July 5th, 2006, 03:05
I'm using a Sandisk, but it doesn't really matter right now because I got GTA to work almost perfectly. I've played it for a couple hours, and I only saw two or three minor glitches. I guess the problem before was that parts of my memory card were corrupted.

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 04:24
Just get there new version Devhook .42

SnoopKatt
July 5th, 2006, 06:35
It's out? I didn't know that. Is it not going to be released on this website until all of the "bad things" in it are taken out?

Accordion
July 5th, 2006, 09:32
heres an idea,
what file is the version number saved to in the firmware.... if we can change that to 2.71 then the version number will read 2.71 and we can avoid the first umd security check giving better compatibility!!!

borgamix123
July 5th, 2006, 11:41
can some try this ideia??

Baboon
July 5th, 2006, 13:36
SnooKatt

Here is the answer to all you troubles:
http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums/psp-homebrew-discussion/54292-devhook-ready-packs-usb.html
Its as simple as double-click and then Devhook will be installed.

Are you using a datel harddrive?
If so, it is incompatable with devhook until they release an update fixing the problem

I've been trying evreything to get this to work with no luck (the screen goes black each time you run a umd). :confused:

I have the Datel 4g harddrive brick... is it defo not compatible with devhook??

Panini
July 5th, 2006, 14:21
I've heard there is a patch for devhhook for datels hard drive. DOnt know where u can get it though. sorry

Accordion
July 5th, 2006, 14:32
would the version number in the firmware files be encrypted (eg: ±§*^+), or is it a simple print command in real digits (eg: 2.50)

i have no knowledge of this whatsoever, the only coding ive ever done is in ps2 yabasic, i am just going through all the files and replacing any mention of "2.50" with "2.60"
it probably wont work, but im quite bored so i have an excuse!!

Baboon
July 5th, 2006, 14:54
Well if there is a patch for devhook to work for datels 4g hard drive, could somebody please post a link?

IndianCheese
July 5th, 2006, 22:42
HERES THE ANSWER!

Backup everything you want to keep and format you Memory Stick. Worked like a charm for me.

SnoopKatt
July 6th, 2006, 00:41
HERES THE ANSWER!

Backup everything you want to keep and format you Memory Stick. Worked like a charm for me.
That's exactly what I did, lol. Actually, I forgot my GTA saves, but whatever I wasn't that far into the game, only like 12%

dalejrrocks
July 6th, 2006, 02:29
I haven't been able to run GTA with devhook? It either goes to black screen or goes to the splash PSP logo and crashes. I have been able to emulate a 2.00.

slaphappygamer
July 6th, 2006, 14:51
I Downgraded and my gta isn't jerky at all with devhook.

are you using an original iso or umd? what are your settings?

kyle2194
July 7th, 2006, 04:15
Use the 333 cpu speed setting and gta will be fine.

dalejrrocks
July 7th, 2006, 17:59
i got it to work now too. i use devhook 0.42.
target:reboot xmb
umd-iso:
umd-mode:umd disc
umd-ver:no change
flash :ms0:/dh/200(MS HOOK)
clock:222/111
remote:remote controller

MaKa9
July 10th, 2006, 10:39
quick question:

I am a n00b when it comes to this stuff, but do I need umdemulator with dev hook .42?
I got smonkeyball to work.

I am also using Dax Ziso Loader. Do I need Umdemu with this aswell? It won´t play pirates of the Carribian DMC....

any help is much apreciated:)

EDIT: I got it to WORK!

brilliant.
but when I tried to load it with the NOUMD mode my psp prompted me to upgrade to 2.6....

If anyone else are having trouble heres what you do:

format mem stick --> add devhook
reset to default settings.

putting the iso(you copied from one of your OWN games) in MS:/iso/(create the folder)

Put a UMD in your drive.

launching DevHook .42 with these settings:

Target: (reeboot XMB)
UMD-ISO: ms0/iso/Your iso...
UMD-MODE: ANYUMD
Umd Ver:2.xx -> 2.00
FW: 2.5
Clock: 333/166
Remote: Remote controller

press start and your iso should load without issues.

YOU DO NOT NEED UMD EMU or any other emu than DevHook:)

Love this prog!!