PDA

View Full Version : Best N64 emulator?

ColdSkull
July 4th, 2006, 07:29
What is the best N64 emulator for PSP? Daedalus or Monkey? Or something else? (PSP firmware is 1.5)

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 08:04
i'd go with Daedalus r5(until r6 is released), cuz Monkey started his from scratch so its gunna take longer but in the end Monkey64 will be better cuz Monk built it for the psp its not a port

Gizmo356
July 4th, 2006, 08:14
they both have there up's and downs

pkmaximum
July 4th, 2006, 08:37
I don't know apparently I seen MOnkey posting on the forumns at qj.net and he is saying things like if the Ultra HLE is ture it will slow down the n64 emulator he is working on even more blablabla and I don't think he has any current plans to get back to work on his emulator any time soon :(

Kramer
July 4th, 2006, 08:49
psmonkey has been working on monkey64 this is what he posted yesterday

Sorry, I tried but too burned out by work. I'm really kicking my self alot to figure out how to remove double floating point operations and reduce things to 32bit on the main core. If I do that the speed gets a reasonable boost. Once that is done I'll throw in ini suport and look to get it posted.

Yet sadly things are taking longer then exspected.

GeEkPiE
July 4th, 2006, 11:17
Nintendo 64 emulators for the psp

Monkey 64 - slow but made from scratch so in the long run should be better.

daedalus 64 - faster but has many graphical errors due to the fact it is only a port from the pc.

UltraHLE 64 - said to be the full speed emulator with audio support but it hasnt been released yet and could and most likely be a fake and even if it does release cannot play other games than what it is optimised for e.g zelda or mario.

Donkey 64 - beleived to be a fake as it has never been released.

nincest 64 - was monkey's first attempt at an n64 emulator but it didnt hardely work with anything so it was scrapped.

SSaxdude
July 4th, 2006, 13:17
Both Monkey64 and Daedulus are slow at this point, but Daedulus is better right now.