PDA

View Full Version : No Hope For TA-082?

PSPegasus
July 4th, 2006, 10:38
I've discovered that I, like many others I'm sure, have the latest and *sarcasm* greatest PSP motherboard. The dreaded TA-082. Is there no hope for me? The modchip won't work. Firmware 1.5 is incompatible. Do I have anything to look forward to?

razorak
July 4th, 2006, 10:47
Man...we're in the same boat...glad to know there're others like me out there....guess all we can do for the time being is to stick to the GTA loader but well...it's a sticky situation. We're stuck nowhere in the middle of 1.5 and 2.71

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 11:14
I've discovered that I, like many others I'm sure, have the latest and *sarcasm* greatest PSP motherboard. The dreaded TA-082. Is there no hope for me? The modchip won't work. Firmware 1.5 is incompatible. Do I have anything to look forward to?

Nope sorry. You are going to have to wait untill someone probably makes a downgrader for the TA-082 motherboard.

Accordion
July 4th, 2006, 16:39
i dont think there will ever be one

it would require a custom firmware!!!(not going to happen)

the latest systems are completely incapable of running older firmware. somehow if there is a 1.5 version flash file then all boot codes become void and the psp will not boot any games or anything

Misleading
July 4th, 2006, 16:48
Yah i have a ta-082. it sucks but i mean i was reasearching this topic last night and i only found one person that he tried it with a ta-082 and he turned it off early.

This is what jeztur2003 said on the psp hacks fourms
"Just wanted some people to confirm if the downgrader will work on the TA-082 or not. I tried it yesterday and bricked mine took it to gamestop and got another one unfortunately another 2.6 TA-082. The update started through the gta exploit using eboot loader went through the whole light flashing process then the screen went blank (black). I then turned off the PSP and turned it back on the power light would stay green but the screen stayed black. Just thought this might help someone who doesn't have a good warranty. So if anyone else had different results this would be a good place to post them and maybe even help the developers of the downgrader by giving them some feedback of what happens on the TA-082. Thanks.

so from what i read there is only one confirmed account of some bricking a ta-082. Are there more?

tsurumaru
July 4th, 2006, 16:59
As far as I am aware the only thing stopping the modchip from working on the TA- 082 model is that the nand chip voltage is different from the previous MB's, therefore I'm sure it wont be long until a modchip that takes this into effect is released.

psiko_scweek
July 4th, 2006, 17:09
as far as i know, no one has tried it on a TA-82. Its rumored that it will not work due to hardware IPL changes. But again as far as i know, there are no solid confirmations that anyone has acutally tried it and tried it like they are supposed to.

Accordion
July 4th, 2006, 17:24
read my above post....

go to the ps2dev forums, they know everything

psiko_scweek
July 4th, 2006, 18:16
lol thats true....ps2dev forums know everything there is to know about the PSP.

its funny.

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 18:24
lol,
sorry man, the motherboard had changed, cause at that time rumors had been said long ago about the modchip plannings and productions, before it even came out to any site,
fricking sony is always ahead of us in some ocassions
bleh, thank god i bought it the first day it came out

scottyboynow
July 4th, 2006, 19:22
the reason is that the TA-082 has a lower voltage level so the current and the voltage thatthe modchip needs is not enough i havent got TA-082 but i might be getting a modchip any ways although i need on

crazedgamer
July 14th, 2006, 05:13
I bought a psp and I was stupid enough to upgrade it to a 2.71 so i bought another one. And I guess Im just unlucky, I got a TA-082. It really sucks I was so looking foward to homebrew again.

BL4Z3D247
July 14th, 2006, 05:23
well just wait for a downgrader for 2.7+ it will come sooner or later, don't listen to people when they say "oh there will never be a downgrader for 2.7+", thats what they said about 2.5/2.6 and look at us now basking in the glory of 1.5 and 1.0(for those who want to)...my point is just be patient and wait, it's worth it in the end :D

Darcus
July 14th, 2006, 20:22
Using GTA and Eboot a TA-Motherboard can still use emulators correct? With 2.6 PSP

LeperMessiah
July 14th, 2006, 20:47
Using GTA and Eboot a TA-Motherboard can still use emulators correct? With 2.6 PSP

Yes us unforunate TA owners can run some but not all homebrew using GTA/Eloader.

When presented with two options in the homebrew installation package, (the folder and the folder with the %), user the one without the %.