PDA

View Full Version : which psp is best

richardm3rd
January 10th, 2010, 08:58
ls the psp 1000 the best to have if so why

FNQer
January 10th, 2010, 10:46
phats - all ofw and all m/b are hackable. less internal memory than slim/brite. ir feature unique. the latches for umd tray and memstick holder different.

slims - brighter and better display screen, buttons d-pad slightly different feel, lighter, slimmer. i actually prefer sometime the chunkier phat to handle. tv out which phats don't have.

some other differences betw phat and slims are more cosmetic - change in speaker position is one i can immediately think of...

different mb and different ofw has different implications about hacking the slims... there are limitations with ta-088v3 m/b and later.

brite - better screen again. further implications about homebrew - not fully cfw but homebrew enabled (HEN). also, some models and some ofw (particularly latest ofw 6.20) are not hackable at present.

phats only on second hand used market. slims maybe available at stores.

so, if you want homebrew phats are the easiest option to run homebrew. if slim, makes sure its a ta-088v3 or earlier m/b version with an ofw less than ofw 5.03. if brite, then i think only the first m/b version released is capable of running HEN, depending on its ofw.

forget the PSPgo.

if you care not about running homebrew, then the brite is the best option. if you want to run homebrew then the safest option is to get a phat. if slim, then note the m/b version and ofw to confirm that you can install cfw onto it.

additional edit - i own both a phat and a slim, both with cfw 5.00m33-6. I mainly play games and run homebrew on my phat, while i use my slim for portable media player to playback videos and music.