PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube 2

meiscool
July 14th, 2004, 06:58
Does anybody think that Gamecube 2 could be better than the ps2

i heard that the gamecube2 xbox2 and ps3 will all have their graphics processor made by ibm

i do not know if this is true

krowstrife
July 14th, 2004, 12:45
gamecube's processor is mDE BY ati
sony is making they own
the microsoft is using a nvidia processor
or so i have heard

d3m0n
August 17th, 2004, 03:30
umm actually the first poster is right in part. ibm is suppose to be working on nintendos and microsofts next processor. while ATI is working on the graphics processor for both systems as well. 2nd poster, youre like way off.

and the gamecube 2 better be better then ps2, since gamecube is better then ps2 already.

opps sorry guys, this was the first topic i seen, from my search forgot to check if it was old or new. sorry.

Cap'n 1time
August 17th, 2004, 06:57
2nd poster, youre like way off.

and the gamecube 2 better be better then ps2, since gamecube is better then ps2 already.

no hes not way off. the current systems to contain thoughs graphic sets.

as for the gamecube 2 being better than the ps2... he must have ment the gamcube 2 being better than the ps3. the first gamecube kills the ps2 :P

swordstalker
August 20th, 2004, 04:15
the gamecube will probaly be better than ps3 cos of its games

biglew5k99
August 20th, 2004, 11:03
the gamecube has more potential than the ps2 with tech specs which does not mean it is different.
the playstation 2 performs on the same level as a 1Ghz x86 pc because it uses RISC the gamecube uses SPARC which is a completely different system so it is easier to say that they are all great in their own respects. However the limited capacity for the gamecubes discs let is graphical prowess waine.

Omicron-Delta
August 20th, 2004, 12:29
The XBOX2 will have 3 PowerPC chips driving it with an ATI graphics chip.

The PS3 Will have one PowerPC chip combined with 8 vector processing units hench the "cell" moniker they added to their press release.

Nintendo is still kinda tight lipped about their new system, however their will be some version of the PowerPC in it.

The only company that will come out on top of the next console war will be IBM.

Hola
August 20th, 2004, 13:58
Yeah no kidding man IBM is gonna be making assloads of money. I thought nintendo was gonna use a ATI video card too however. Regular GC did also it would make since to use something thats backwards compatable.

Omicron-Delta
August 20th, 2004, 16:50
Yeah... The Big N is using ATI too.

About the backwards compatibility, the PS3 is switching from MIPS to PowerPC, unless it's a super fast chip that'll translate much the same way the Mac's did when switching from 680x0 to PowerPC, I can't see the PS3 being backwards compat.

The XBOX 2 seems like it won't be either, but then again 3 PowerPC's could probably emulate a 733Mhz P3, but then again, who knows, my speculations are just that.

The GC2 however has the best chance of backward compatability from the specs I've seen so far.

8)

Hola
August 20th, 2004, 16:56
the gamecube will probaly be better than ps3 cos of its games
Yeah just like the GC was better than the PS2 in game selection *rolls eyes*. Hell xbox kills GC as far as selection goes.

On and on a side note i'm pretty sure PS3 will play Psone games still. As awhile back Sony hired a team of devolopers to work on PSX emulator. So it will probably play back playstation one games with Epsxe graphic and that will impress all those people out there who've never played games on a PC and will probably softin the blow for not playing ps2 games.