PDA

View Full Version : R4 III Revolution Cart

d20ace
January 12th, 2010, 18:59
Hi,

As title says, i have a R4 III Revolution adapter with version 3.12, this is SDHC compatable.
Is this adapter now redundant?? as firmware has'nt been updated for a while??
Also if so can i use any other firmware for this like the R4 SDHC?? or is it time for a new adapter and which do u reccommend??

Many Thanks

FNQer
January 13th, 2010, 14:37
are you having any particular issues as it is now?

perhaps the newer homebrew that became available after the R4 iii's latest update might be problematic - but the R4 probably had a good compatibility rate with most homebrew to present.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

d20ace
January 14th, 2010, 13:20
are you having any particular issues as it is now?

perhaps the newer homebrew that became available after the R4 iii's latest update might be problematic - but the R4 probably had a good compatibility rate with most homebrew to present.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Mainly wanting to play the new Zelda game but wont play with my current adapter, so was thinking of buying an up to date adapter which is currently supported for firmware updates?? and any new game that dont play??

But thought i'll check firstb4 i buy!! what do u reccommend??

Cheers

FNQer
January 18th, 2010, 07:39
i guess you might have a dsi, rather than the older ds lite?

the file itself is not corrupt, is it? that's why I suggest perhaps try some other latest homebrew to see if it does the same thing...

i am using r4ultra (something like that) but i guess i am playing a whole set of homebrew different to yours.

what you can sort of expect with these devices and its firmware is that when the support drops off, then the newer homebrew might not be compatible with that older firmware. nintendo continually employs new countermeasures to block the exploits allowing it to run homebrew. but all the previous homebrew would still be compatible.

as for the recommended carts, acekard 2i and EZ Vi are two names that gets thrown around as the recommended carts currently...