PDA

View Full Version : CFW / OFW + Pandora Battery Question

gotmilk0112
January 12th, 2010, 22:46
Would I still be able to downgrade to 5.00 M33 if I upgraded to 6.20 OFW, then used my Pandora Battery + MMS to downgrade back to 5.00 M33? Or do newer firmwares block that?

I really don't play my PSP emulators much, only once in a while, and I want to use Remote Play over the internet, so I figured I could just upgrade to use Remote Play, then downgrade again if I wanted to play my Emulators and Homebrew again.

Qmark
January 13th, 2010, 01:54
Remote play works fine in 550GEN-D2.

gotmilk0112
January 13th, 2010, 02:40
I've got 5.50 GEN-A (Full), says my System Information tab. Remote Play over Internet keeps telling me that I need to update my software. Over Private Network works fine.

EDIT: Updated to GEN-D. Still saying that I need a Software Update. This is getting really frustrating =/

I'd really just rather update to 6.20 for Remote Play, then downgrade back to 5.00 M33 or whatever, until a firmware comes out that's guaranteed to work with Internet Remote Play.

EDIT2: Updated to GEN-D3, still telling me that I need to update my software........I really have a habit of editing my posts, don't I.

My ultimate question is:

Can I update to 6.20 OFW, then use my Pandora Battery + MMS to downgrade back to 5.00 M33 CFW?

jxx2005
January 13th, 2010, 05:05
i believe you need PSN enabler (its a homebrew) to do it via internet because thats what it uses, the PSN to access the PS3

gotmilk0112
January 13th, 2010, 11:56
I got PSNabler V6, and I can connect to the PS Store, but Over Internet remote play still tells me that I need to update my software. =/

Still, can I just update to 6.20, then use my pandora battery + MMS to get back to 5.00 M33?

FNQer
January 13th, 2010, 13:46
yeah - you're right about the psn and the new(er) cfw not working. also, those psnenablers don't work either (from my understanding, unless there was real recent new developments there). it will constantly ask you to update ofw, as i guess it detects your cfw.

if you have a phat then you can use the pb and mms to downgrade from ofw 6.20.

otherwise, generally the slims and brites with ofw equal or less than 5.03 is hackable... the ofw 5.50 addressed the TIFF exploit, thus any ofw higher than 5.03 are not recommended if you want to run homebrew.

one unique feature of the phat is that it is hackable on any ofw.

gotmilk0112
January 13th, 2010, 15:11
yeah - you're right about the psn and the new(er) cfw not working. also, those psnenablers don't work either (from my understanding, unless there was real recent new developments there). it will constantly ask you to update ofw, as i guess it detects your cfw.

From what I heard, it won't accept connections from any FW lower than 6.10. Though, with Psnabler, I could access the Store, but Remote Play Over Internet did not work.

if you have a phat then you can use the pb and mms to downgrade from ofw 6.20.

Sweet. I'll just update to 6.20 for Remote Play. I don't really use my PSP much anymore, as I've strayed away from emulators (I like buying the original games :) ) and I've beaten the two PS1 games that I downloaded on it. If I ever DO want to play them again, I can always just use PB + MMS to downgrade back to CFW.

Do I just do the insert battery holding L button thing? Like:

Remove battery -> Insert MMS -> Hold L Button -> Insert battery -> Brings me to the downgrade menu?

Qmark
January 13th, 2010, 20:38
A pandora battery should boot the system by itself, as soon as it's inserted.

gotmilk0112
January 13th, 2010, 22:49
Yeah, I noticed. I tried to update to 6.20, using Network Update, and using the EBOOT of the update, and it wouldn't let me, because apparently my firmware was 9.90 o.O

Was actually 5.50 GEN-D3. I just used the PB to downgrade back to 5.00 OFW, then upped to 6.20. Remote Play over Internet works fine :)

FNQer
January 14th, 2010, 05:25
yeah - the cfw has implications about remote play as well. the remote play feature works when it works off the wireless router for your (computer) network but the remote play feature won't work when done thru the internet connection (because it is done thu the PSN account).

this psn enabler and psn issues (plus that remote play issue) may be resolved by our esteemed homebrew developers eventually. Sony at this moment has it over the homebrew developers.

if you place your pb into your ofw 6.20 phat - it should indicate that its a pb by getting into the service mode...