PDA

View Full Version : A Question..

Kytavia
January 13th, 2010, 21:28
Okay, im still pretty new at this so im sorry if most of this sounds dumb but i'd appriciate your help on this.

I have a psp 2003, im pretty sure it's hackable due to the date being 7D & firmware version being 3.93 (please correct me if im wrong)

Okay the question is, I want to play Final Fantasy Dissidia, but i'd also like to put custom firmware on my psp. In order to play FFD it says i need to upgrade to firmware 5.55

So can i upgrade and play, or should i just wait and buy a pandora battery. And even if i get custom firmware will i still be able to play FFD? - or any other game of that matter which needs updating (a.k.a littlebigplanet)

Thank you.

FNQer
January 13th, 2010, 23:24
i would nail down exactly which motherboard version you own first, before doing anything with cfw.

you got the date code - so that is one way of finding out the m/b version.

the ofw being 3.93 is certainly promising.

different motherboards have different implications for running homebrew on a cfw. hacking the ta-088v3 motherboard (slim psp model) differs from hacking other slim models. some newer models (most newer brites and those later slim models) present more complications to running cfw than say the phat. all phats regardless of its ofw is hackable - that is an unique feature of the phats over all other psp models. most slims (generally) are hackable, as long as its ofw is equal or lower than ofw 5.03. most brites are troublesome in running full cfw...

i haven't played ffd on my phat/slim (both with cfw 5.00m33-6) but I have Little Big Planet. I haven't played much of it - but it works fine with my cfw...

the game itself and sony might strongly suggest that you require a ofw update to play - but can't you just play it anyway, without upgrading? just ignore that message.

personally, i wouldn't be in a hurry to upgrade the ofw past 5.03. the ofw 5.50 addressed the TIFF exploit required to run homebrew and thus the complications when doing these things like downgrading from the later (latest) ofw. i have heard of ppl downgrading from the latest ofw by using the pb and mms - but i would first determine whether my psp was capable of doing so.

there are so many implications depending on your particular psp and ofw. also, there are implications of whether to hack or not. for instance, psn access is restricted with my cfw - so if psn access is a big deal, then maybe stick to ofw. otherwise, you might do what you kinda suggested, use the cfw for homebrew and then downgrade/upgrade ofw to access PSN. bit of a hassle - but that's the way the sun shines.

Kytavia
January 14th, 2010, 09:37
Right, well im not too sure how to find out the motherboard version, i've looked for guides and so far most i've found have talked about using a software to find out, and i've been a bit too wary to use any software on my psp yet.

As for the ofw question, i can't play Dissidia without it..i don't think there's any way of getting around it, it just says you need to upgrade to play next time ect.

I mean i would like PSN access, but if its too much of a big deal i could do without i guess.

To be honest, all i wanted to hack my psp for, was to use cwcheat, and to run ps1 games on my psp, but hey you cant always get what you want in life :P but yeah, i'll probably stick to pandora'ing it first before i decide to do any upgdrading of firmware.

jxx2005
January 14th, 2010, 16:06
if your PSP is hackable
when you put CFW on it
just put 5.50GEN D-2 on it
thats what i have
and i have no problem playing LBP or FF:D or Assassin's Creed Bloodlines

Kytavia
January 14th, 2010, 17:09
Got it hacked today, with 5.50 cfw on it, and very happy since i can play my games

tyvm everyone ^^

FNQer
January 15th, 2010, 10:44
good to hear...

just for the benefit of others who may read your thread - what method did you use to get the cfw onto your psp? the guide here?

another point, i think with the slims - basically you wanted to determine if its a ta-088v3 (which can have homebrew enabler on it but not full cfw) or not. though there may have been a later motherboard model of the slim, after that ta-088v3. so most slims with older original ofw are going to be hackable.

that app you were trying to use to id your m/b - it needs to have been hacked at least by chickHEN to be able to run that homebrew (i think) - otherwise, you needed to have cfw on the psp before using that homebrew app to id which particular motherboard you have. that homebrew app is to id whether you had the ta-088v3 or later m/b. the ta-088v3, as i mentioned earlier, kinda has 'teethered' cfw in that you run a homebrew enabler, rather than full cfw.

anyway, glad to hear you got cfw. sounds like you have full cfw, so you didn't have the ta-088v3. you can get a homebrew identifier app to now find out which motherboard you have - but that's just for your info.

Shrygue
January 15th, 2010, 18:08
I have a 2003 series PSP with the same date code 7D and I can definitely say it's has the TA-85v1 motherboard. Therefore it's totally hackable with the added bonus of being make to make Pandora batteries from it, just like the 1000 series.

Kytavia
January 15th, 2010, 19:09
FNQer - One of my close friends used his pandora battery on it, and then upgraded the cfw on it to 5.50, i think he also did something to my memory stick also (but im not too sure) But yeah it was hackable, never found out the motherboard serial but as Shryuge said below its probably most likely that one.

FNQer
January 18th, 2010, 06:18
Thumbs Up!