PDA

View Full Version : Custum Firmware!?

BrooksyX
July 6th, 2006, 06:24
Now that supposedly tommorow we will be able to downgrade to 1.0, a securityless firmware, openning the door to the possibility of a custum firmware.

What are your guys thoughts? Would you prefir a custum firmware with a whole new look and everything or just a hacked, unlocked 2.5 ( i am guessing that this is the newest version that we could hack because we can decrypt it but not 2.6+)? I honestly dont know what i would prefir but i know that either would be great!

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 06:27
I cant remember the exact details but some1 made a custom 3.0 FW on his PSP. I dont know how, all that I know is her interface looked cool :D

kyler24x
July 6th, 2006, 07:24
why hasnt a custom firmware already been created for 1.0 yet. the firmware has been out for a year although i understand there probally only a small amount of 1.0 users but maybe the downgrader will allow more programers access to this great firmware

pkmaximum
July 6th, 2006, 08:20
WE can only hope but unfort. its not really worth downgrading at the current time because 1.5 firmware can do everything 1.0 firmware can at the moment adn even more. So I would say lets wait until a custom firmware is released, but this downgrader is great because this opens up the door to many coders to work with things that require 1.0 firmware, and hopefully we will see soon enough DEV Hook working on 1.0 firmware. Once that is working I will surlly doungrade to the firmware with 0% secuity!

stotheamuel
July 6th, 2006, 08:28
I didnt think that was possible because it would have happened already... right?

pkmaximum
July 6th, 2006, 08:55
No because after all how many PSP owners honestly have firmware 1.0 anymore, few to none. Not to mention how many actually know how to make custom firmware that own a 1.0 firmware PSP. Probaly not many at all, but since the downgrader is released this gives coders a chance to work on custom firmwares similiar to the epilson bios that takes advantage of the dual boot firmware from the mod chip to run. But something similar will most likley happen for the PSP. If this downgrader is released to the public :)

laraib
July 6th, 2006, 10:52
isnt there already a coustom 1.5 firmwire
Click on link to see and download
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/202

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 11:07
ah sry forgot u guys are not portuguese... lol
i was saying
apparently that custom firmware doesnt have great features

V3N0M
July 6th, 2006, 11:22
All rite talk in english. no able en espanol, senior. LOL two years in spanish class and i can only say that and piro y el bano.-Means can i go to the bathroom. lol

V3N0M
July 6th, 2006, 11:24
I do think custom firmware is the way to go. its alot harder when your working around sony's crap lol. Who knows, like i always say-Time will tell. lol

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 11:25
i translated my post

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 12:18
why hasnt a custom firmware already been created for 1.0 yet. the firmware has been out for a year although i understand there probally only a small amount of 1.0 users but maybe the downgrader will allow more programers access to this great firmware
I think if they did it will be a step back before taking a step forward. Because of having to rewrite a lot of the programs.

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 14:15
Once more coders will have access to the unprotected 1.0 things will surely heat up on the homebrew scene.
This downgrader will surely help. I'm for a custom firmware all the way.

dtothabreezy
July 6th, 2006, 15:57
could we install the eplison on the 1.0 firmware