PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo reveals Euro Christmas line-up !

wraggster
August 18th, 2004, 09:41
Metroid Prime 2 will form the backbone of Nintendo's Christmas Cube offering in Europe, while Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap stand tall in a diverse list of first party GBA offerings.[br][br]In a release issued this morning, Nintendo of Europe outlined its Christmas releases, starting with budget-priced party game WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ on September 3rd and concluding with the release of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.[br][br]In between, Cube owners can look forward to the long awaited, localised European release of Animal Crossing, also out on Sept 3rd, Pikmin 2 and Donkey Konga in October, and Paper Mario 2 and Namco's Tales of Symphonia in November, which ought to keep RPG fans happy for a month or so.[br][br]Curiously though there's no place on the list for Mario Party 6, which we had very much expected to see in its traditional pre-Christmas slot. Perhaps Nintendo bumped it to give Wario Ware a chance to shine? The list also virtually confirms recent reports - including one this morning - that Star Fox and Geist are now due out next year.[br][br]This leaves Nintendo, once again, with a lot of titles that are bound to gather critical acclaim - and almost certainly deservedly so - but with the exception of Metroid Prime 2 not that many that are likely to scythe through the competition during a hectic Christmas rush.[br][br]Any GBA owners bound to an elderly relative's couch this Christmas won't have too much to worry about, however, with a number of exciting titles due on the handheld - despite the impending launch of the Nintendo DS, which is due out in Europe in early 2005. In fact, it'll be interesting to see how GBA sales fare in the run-up to Christmas purely on that basis.[br][br]We'll be in the queue though, busily scrabbling to get hold of Mario Golf Advance Tour (Sept 17th), the eagerly awaited The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Nov 12th), Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Nov 19th), and - for the sake of working out what it is more than anything - "Super Mario Ball" (Nov 26th). Square die-hards will be pleased to see Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls down for early December, too.[br][br]Key exclusives due out on Nintendo platforms in the run up to Christmas:[br][br][br]GameCube[br][br]Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ - September 3rd[br][br]Animal Crossing - September 3rd[br][br]Pikmin 2 - October 8th[br][br]Donkey Konga - October 15th[br][br]Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - November 12th[br][br]Tales of Symphonia - November 19th[br][br]Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - November 26th[br][br][br][br]Game Boy Advance[br][br]Mario Golf Advance Tour - September 17th[br][br]Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red - October 1st[br][br]The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - November 12th[br][br]Mario vs. Donkey Kong - November 19th[br][br]Super Mario Ball - November 26th[br][br]Mario Party Advance - December 3rd[br][br]Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls - December 10th

Cap'n 1time
August 18th, 2004, 17:30
"Tales of Symphonia - November 19th"

I have the US version. you guys are in for a treat ;) .

I think i read somewhere on lik-sang that the DS would make a Europe release during november. If so that might not be good news for these gba titles.... but ill buy them!

"i wont mention any names" dont bring up the ps2 version or why you dont like the gamecube.

Hola
August 18th, 2004, 19:33
Fine I will mention another great point.
The GBA version of FF1 and 2 suck badly in comparasion to there Wonderswan/psx counterparts.

Cap'n 1time
August 18th, 2004, 20:32
Fine I will mention another great point.
The GBA version of FF1 and 2 suck badly in comparasion to there Wonderswan/psx counterparts.

its probably identicle to the wonderswan but have you even played it? cause its only out in japan you know.

Hola
August 18th, 2004, 20:44
I own the cart. Just like I own about 40WSC games. I havent bought a non import game thats for console since sfam.

Cap'n 1time
August 19th, 2004, 18:57
I own the cart. Just like I own about 40WSC games. I havent bought a non import game thats for console since sfam.

are there any differances in graphics or gameplay between the wonderswan and gba?

Hola
August 19th, 2004, 19:25
The Wonderswan has a much better quailty in graphics and looks just like the PSX versions.
The GBA has a very washed out look to most of the games unlike the Snes which is sharp and the WSC is the same way. The GBA has new dugeons tho and better sound. WSC has the sound quality of a Nes which isnt the great but it displays FF6 quality 2d.