PDA

View Full Version : n e one know who does the U.P mod chip fitting service? i bricked my psp

langsalang
July 6th, 2006, 14:44
i have 2.6 psp and i used the downgrader
and go to the stage when it was downgrading
but i didnt read the instruction properly or the instruction wasnt clear to me untill i actually bricked it and then i relised wat i did wrong.=_=
wat i did wrong was that when memory stick LED was blinking indicating that it was downgrading and when it stoped blinking i thought i had turn the psp off my self. but it wasnt meant to be. u leave it till it initionalises itself. and when it gives the error message, then u turn it off by manual=_=
shit.... i think its gone=_=
my psp;;; its ceramic white as well=_=
is there n e way i can resurect my psp? only the modchip? even if i get modchip how would i use it??
i think i need help.

p.s: just wanted to let u know that i aint a noob
i've been on this forum since when it was first created. but i never registered till like few months ago and i never posted n e thing.

dtothabreezy
July 6th, 2006, 15:44
1. mod chip, you can get installed at like radio shack
2.send to sony
3.give it back were you got it and hope they dont really want the recipet

4.give up all hope and buy a new one
hope that helps

langsalang
July 6th, 2006, 15:47
1. mod chip, you can get installed at like radio shack
2.send to sony
3.give it back were you got it and hope they dont really want the recipet

4.give up all hope and buy a new one
hope that helps
radio shack?
if i send it to sony wont they charge me??
and do u know who can like do modchip fitting?

dtothabreezy
July 6th, 2006, 15:54
i heard radio shack coul do it not sure sending it to sony may be cheap or alot of money depending on when you bought it just call and ask--sony will upgrade your psp

langsalang
July 6th, 2006, 16:48
n e one other then radio shack?
i live in uk. n e one who can do it in uk???

Towelie88
July 6th, 2006, 17:26
n e one other then radio shack?
i live in uk. n e one who can do it in uk???

Seriously doubht you will find anyone in the UK to fit it. But i have heard it is pretty simple to fit yourself if you have basic soldering skills. But im alrite, my downgrade worked fine :)

P.S: r.i.p your psp

Crimson_Lotus
July 6th, 2006, 18:25
Seriously doubht you will find anyone in the UK to fit it. But i have heard it is pretty simple to fit yourself if you have basic soldering skills. But im alrite, my downgrade worked fine :)

P.S: r.i.p your psp

Actually, right on their site it says you need to be a skilled professional to install the chip. The solder mask is a very sensitive thing and you basically scrape it off with high chance of either breaking the chip or the psp.

stotheamuel
July 6th, 2006, 18:29
yeah... it is verry hard... you have to solder several points that are seperated by the width of 2 eyelashes...

langsalang
July 6th, 2006, 18:48
where can i get U.P Modchip for cheapest and fastest delivered to U.K?

gusgus
July 6th, 2006, 20:08
Can you send it into the site that sells the modchip? I thought they did it for around 100 dollars or something.

Crimson_Lotus
July 6th, 2006, 20:13
Can you send it into the site that sells the modchip? I thought they did it for around 100 dollars or something.

Yeah, but I am guessing he wants a less expensive option... plus you would have to pay more shipping to ship your PSP in or to buy an entirely new one with it in it.

langsalang
July 6th, 2006, 21:33
100 dolars are not bad. thats about 50 pounds in uk GBP. where is that site?

SSaxdude
July 6th, 2006, 22:02
It's a lot cheaper than buying a new PSP.

stotheamuel
July 7th, 2006, 05:47
hmm i think its 100 dollars for fitting plus 100 dollars for the chip