PDA

View Full Version : Psp 1.5 help please

D.N.A
July 6th, 2006, 14:53
Hello

Im wondering if you could help me with a problem im having.

I bought my psp from a friend He assured me it was a 1.5 psp and it runs all the things a 1.5 does but it shows as a 2.0, it will have been a long time ago that it was flashed.

Anyway thats not the real problem, my problem is when I remove files from the memory stick it doesnt display the correct ammount of space left on the disk and sometimes will not even recognize the memory stick and I have to reset.

Its been fine before but I may have messed something up by flashing the psp with my own 12 bmps.

I had problems with this as every other month had a white screen so I reflashed it with the original wallpapers every thing seemed fine untill I encountered the memory stick problem.

Im wondering if it was possible for me to feflash the psp with 1.5 again and maybe clear any problems.

Hope you can help.

Thankyou

D.N.A
July 6th, 2006, 16:45
Ive just reflashed it with 1.5 but still no difference :(

Im hoping its the memory card thats at fault but I cant see it because it seems show the correct size on my computer and card reader.

Ive formatted the card on psp and pc using fat and fat32.

Napalm-Death
July 6th, 2006, 16:47
I don't know too much about this, but I'd say restore the default settings on the psp.

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 16:54
Try flashmod and if that doesnt work. Try downgrading to 1.50 again thats your best bet. Remember for 1.50 the fils have to be as follows.

There are 12 images in your PSP:

01.BMP - January
02.BMP - February
03.BMP - March
04.BMP - April
05.BMP - May
06.BMP - June
07.BMP - July
08.BMP - August
09.BMP - September
10.BMP - October
11.BMP - November
12.BMP – December

and they have to be 300 X 170

D.N.A
July 6th, 2006, 17:37
Ive got it reflashed at 1.5 a no go memory is still showing as 1958mb after format, although I can still put 2 gigs worth of files on it, but sometimes the psp wont regognize the card.

And it can also recognize it but say 0kb.

Oh and Ive just put 2 large files on the memory stick and its showing the correct amount of space left on my psp, ive just now deleated the files and my psp says 1959mb free yet my pc says 1.91gb free.

When I deleted the files it happened really quick unlike deleating something from the pc drive.

There is nothing in my trashcan afterwords.

I could get by with this problem I guess but I wouldnt mind knowing if its my pc, psp, or memory stick.

Crimson_Lotus
July 6th, 2006, 18:31
Ive got it reflashed at 1.5 a no go memory is still showing as 1958mb after format, although I can still put 2 gigs worth of files on it, but sometimes the psp wont regognize the card.

And it can also recognize it but say 0kb.

Oh and Ive just put 2 large iso's on the memory stick and its showing the correct amount of space left on my psp, ive just now deleated the iso's and my psp says 1959mb free yet my pc says 1.91gb free.

When I deleted the files it happened really quick unlike deleating something from the pc drive.

There is nothing in my trashcan afterwords.

I could get by with this problem I guess but I wouldnt mind knowing if its my pc, psp, or memory stick.

try not to mention iso's in the forum.. it impeaches the rules...

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 18:48
format your memory stick

D.N.A
July 6th, 2006, 19:40
Sorry corrected my post.

I have formatted on psp and on pc no luck.

Nothing I can do I guess thankyou for the advice though.

drEDN4wt
July 6th, 2006, 19:40
Is it a fake memory stick?
Ebay has an article on them...
Theyre basicaly small memory sticks, say 256MB that trick your psp/pc into thinking they are 2GB etc.

D.N.A
July 6th, 2006, 19:53
Well its acting like it is but it actually has 2 gig of storage space.