PDA

View Full Version : Wii Netflix lacking HD is 'no loss', says Nintendo

wraggster
January 15th, 2010, 19:21
Nintendo America boss Reggie Fils-Aime has shrugged off the lack of HD support on Wii and "no loss" for Netflix users on the console.

Netflix is also available on PS3 which supports full HD content. Wii, for obvious reasons, doesn't, but Reggie says it's no biggie. "I'm sure Reed [Hastings, Netflix chairman and CEO] would support this is, the vast majority of content that's available for streaming through Netflix is not HD content."

He went on: "So there really is no loss for the Wii consumer that they can't get any HD content through our system," Fils-Aime told CNBC.

Netflix streamed movies will be available to Wii owners who subscribe to the Netflix service already at no extra cost

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=231762?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

djdynamite123
January 15th, 2010, 21:01
bull ****ing shit, it is a gigantic loss, no ****er wants it on wii, why when most have HD tv's nowadays.

gumgod
January 17th, 2010, 18:48
bull ****ing shit, it is a gigantic loss, no ****er wants it on wii, why when most have HD tv's nowadays.

Did you even read it? Do you even use netflix? The majority of the content on Netflix is not in HD so it wouldn't make one bit of difference whether you could stream HD or not. Personally I could care less that the wii doesn't stream HD from Netflix. It would be like watching a standard DVD. If you want to watch HD DVD you buy a blueray player. If you want HD streamed from netflix that bad you buy different equipment for it. End of discussion.

For those who don't care about HD it's a good functionality added to wii that eliminates buying one of those boxes from Netflix or hooking your computer to your TV. Besides the disk is free from Netflix if you have an account. Don't complain about something that's free. It's like complaining about getting free beer because it's not brand name beer.

djdynamite123
January 17th, 2010, 20:16
Pfft streaming on the wii via internet? god will it need to buffer allot. Wifi on wii - terrible.

Baboon
January 18th, 2010, 08:46
Pfft streaming on the wii via internet? god will it need to buffer allot. Wifi on wii - terrible.

iplayer works perfectly fine already...

gamesquest1
January 28th, 2010, 12:41
to be honest i find orb works perfectly fine with the wii, i use it for streaming movies from my pc to my mobile and other pc's when im away an now after finding out it worked with wii i find myself using it to stream to my wii without having to prat about setting anything on my pc or copying it to a usb, and the quality is pretty much perfect , and cosidering i am streaming my content from one room to the internet and back it works fine i suppose the quality of the wifi aint the issue here, wifi is fine unless you live in a lead lined house and store your router in the allotment down the road question is, will the quality actually be 'dvd' quality coz dispite orb being great for when im being a lazy arse i have to admit the quality isnt 'dvd' and if your paying for netflix the quality is important then, but who care basically do you want movies instantly wii will do it its better than if they said f*** off because we cant have hd.......hd is good but come on are you forgetting you managed fine without it like 2 years ago without your eyes bleeding and falling out

ESSAYYYYYY HELL YEAH