PDA

View Full Version : The Thank the Developers Thread

wraggster
July 6th, 2006, 19:50
First off we all know that without the Developers/Hackers we wouldnt have any Homebrew Scenes whatsoever and so many never really get the credit they deserve.

So often the mainstream target a newspost on a site and the actual coders site gets ignored in favour of a Scene site.

Now its your turn to thank coders or just one whos release was so great that you spent many hours playing it.

Start thanking Via Comments :)

I personally thank all coders for any scene, without you, our consoles would see a lot less life :)

ALF
July 6th, 2006, 20:00
Ya what he said thanx for all your hard work. Even if we never know how hard it is for you (unless your doing it for fun Yay!).

But thanx again for the makin this aswome portable(PSP) that doesnt only show us the future of gaming but the past as well.

Thanx
- ALF

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 20:02
thanx everyone

Daballer
July 6th, 2006, 20:07
thanx everyone

brainpan
July 6th, 2006, 20:08
Homebrew developers are the only reason that I have purchased a psp (for the third time). THANKS!

luis_05
This is a really nice gesture from this site!! Yet another reason why this site is the best of the best!!! I want to thank all the coders/hackers/and staff of this site, especially ZX-81, that dude never sleeps!! and also all of my fellow psp users who helped me run homebrew!! LONG LIVE THE PSP!!

Accordion
thankyou everyone who ever made anything for psp

sirhax0r
July 6th, 2006, 20:14
Thanks to everyone, especially the legends that made:

The 2.00 downgrader
The 2.50/2.60 downgrader
The eLoader
The kXploit
*Insert more legendary things here*
I wont say names, beacuse I forgot some, and dont want anyone to say "He said Person1 but not Person 2, lets flame him!" I doubt that would happen but still...:(

Like I said, thanks to everyone!

*I mean no offence to Person1 or Person2*

DimensionT
July 6th, 2006, 20:17
I want to thank everybody (including Wraggster) for making the homebrew scene possible. Thanks for all the hard work!

Also, being a supporter of the NDS/GBA homebrew scene and a self proclaimed "Oldschool Gaming Nerd", I have to personally thank Flubba, bubble2k, Gladius, Snake and anyone else failed I to mention from the Pocket Heaven forum. Their work on emulators, ports and fixes is much apreciated!

eurogba
July 6th, 2006, 20:17
thankyou everyone in 8BiT emulation

sroon
July 6th, 2006, 20:21
Thank you ZX, Monk and Stmnnrmn!

xyztk008
July 6th, 2006, 20:28
yeah thanks to everyone who makes our live with our consoles a little bit easier and better ^^

SSaxdude
July 6th, 2006, 20:28
I was thinking about making something similar to this. Anyways, I would like to thank everyone, but mainly: MPH, Booster, Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, Yoshiro, Syn-z, Yoyofr, and whoever made the Doom and Quake ports.

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 20:32
Thanks guys we you all a lot.

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 20:38
thanx everyone
thanks to you i have a 1.0 psp and homebrew

hanky
July 6th, 2006, 20:42
As of right now the coder Im most grateful to is Dark_AleX. Thanks to him Now Im a proud owner of not one but two (YAY!!) 1.5 PSP’s. Just one week ago I bought a 1.5 since I thought it would be impossible for my beloved 2.6 to return to all its 1.5 glory (one of the most regrettable mistakes I’ve made was to Upgrade) and just like 2 days after the exploit was found this guy makes the downgrader! Frikin unbelievable!

Thanks again DAX!! Really appreciate it.

josiii
Darkalex fanjita hthckr yosihiro NDS homebrew DCEMU Flubba Franxis PSPEMU NDSEMU AHE GBAEMU thank you all for make happy testing an playin your (of course) hard work

and thank you DCEMU for your fantastic pages and the information you post on it:) i check them thre times per day

you all make me enjoy my gba (thanks flubba for your nice emus)
my NDS
my PSP
my DREAMCAST
MY XBOX
my PS2
my GC

THANKS

homelessfreak
Thanks Guys you have enlighted my life to the greatness of being able to program and you have helped me kill many hours of time o my PSP so once again

THANK YOU PSP CODERS

(p.s. i love you BOOSTER)

John Vattic
July 6th, 2006, 20:43
I'd like to thank anyone who has ever made anything for psp. from simple artists to coders of the most complicated emus, from downgraders to homebrew games, from psp apps to pc apps for psp, you hold in your hands our future.

You have taken the psp very far since release and i can only imagine where you can go with it in the next few years. We look to you for our future.

And we the psp users trust you with every update and revision.
Unlike Sonys updates, yours give the user more freedom and usabillity.
You are all freedom fighters and i hold you ALL in the highest regard!

I name no names because you all deserve equal credit.

Thank you for making psp users the happiest among the handheld gamers!

We Love You All!!!!!!

sorry for being emo but this is a subject for which i have much compassion.

And I can't forget dcemu.co.uk for being the best community for homebrew on the internet. Everyone involved at dcemu deserves much thanks as well.

ovrlord
July 6th, 2006, 20:51
couldnt have said it better myself!!

grin.ch
July 6th, 2006, 20:53
Thank you VERY much to:

*Booster/mok for ALL versions of DevHook/Mods of DevHook
*MPH - for a bunch of killer apps
*Kentarou Kunikane - for TCGS-Car, TCGS-Puzzle (Tail Tale), TCGS-BLOCK
*71M - FileAssistant (need I say more??)
*Fluff/Naoneo, Qubitz, AyAn4m1 - Psix, the MOST controversial homebrew EVER...LOL
*Ruka - for NesterJ
*Shine and Nevyn - for LUA Player
*YoYoFr, Laxer3a and Thunderz for Snes9xtylME
*Jim Bagley - PSP Bruce Lee
*rob_psp - for Notepad v3
*Humma Kavula - for the FIRST EVER ISO launcher
*Dark_AleX - for DAXZISO
*andrei_ - for the CiSO converter
*PSmonkey - N64 emu
*Strmnnrmn - N64 emu
*Yoshihiro, Alonetrio - SXT version changer and all their attitude and drama
*Sony - for making such multiple weak software versions that we could all take advantage of
*Orbis Development and Ravine - for Flashmod/Fontmod
*moonlight - for audiorecorder, KXploit UNpatcher
*vettacossx - for all his mods
*Arguru - for SMM
*zx-81 - for all his ports (great work, kid!)
*Creators of ScummVM (SICK release!)
*Yashamaru - for his FROM SCRATCH Duck Hunt
*Sjurk - for his KILLER Solitaire Mahjongg
*Zordak - for his port of Jooleem
*Vampire and DrEggman - for PSPersonalize
*Muttski - for PGO (PSP Game Organizer)
*smayds - for Vector Infector (which never made it past the Beta Stages, but it STILL rocks!)
*mrbrown - for his port of rRootage
*The team over at UMDGen - You all know why!
*Kamillion - for VcdromX v3.6
*Syn-z - for DGEN
*Noah Vawter and Nathan Wray - for PSPKick (the best and most innovative music writing app for the PSP)

That's all I can think of... There may be more, but IDK. Don't think so...

Thanks all...

Thanks also go to all the ppl who helped me learn along the way...

dutchMasta
July 6th, 2006, 20:58
Pretty much the only reason I use my PSP is because of homebrew, I got it as a present, but didn't really want it, because I wasn't really interested in mobile gaming, but loved older snes games that I wouldn't have minded playing again, and the developers have made that possible., I honestly thank them.

I'm rarely around to thank, I still don't use my psp much, nor do I use much of the homebrew, so I don't feel as guilty not posting/contributing much, but still sort of do, so I'm taking this opportunity to thank them. I wish them the best and hope they enjoy it, and am not in anyway pushing/pressuring for another release, I'm grateful there are people doing this in their spare time, and for free.

memyselfandi
July 6th, 2006, 21:25
Thank you to all developers.

dootiez
July 6th, 2006, 21:32
Ya, thanks everyone for hooking us up.

indo_stylo
July 6th, 2006, 21:42
To all coders, I would like to thank you all for the hardwork. I really appreciate that guys.
When I updated my psp to 2.6 I really regret and taught all the time why did I updated my firmware..
But after visitin all psp's brew sites, I got trust and have something to believe in that my psp is a worth of the money I've spend a long time with a hard work.
When the eloader came out, I got the chance to look at the corner of homebrew..
But when you guys made a downgrader 2.5-2.6 to 1.5.. That really gave me a big chance to Join the homebrew world.. not just to see it.. And all the time I'm waiting for it is not for nothing.

When the downgrader came out, I still doubt about downgrade or not, coz I really don't want to brick my psp, which is bought by my own money..
But then I said to myself.. The Eloaders was perfect. I gave it a try, so why don't I try the downgrader? So and then I took the risk. Coz I know that you guys are the best in this kind of things.. so nothing could be wrong.

And now I want to thnk you guys, because of your hardwork, I can join the homebrew world, be a happy 1.5 owner, use my psp more than before not just using it for mp3 and watching movie in the car.

So Respect to all of you, keep up the great work!!!

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 21:47
What else can be said but thank you all greatly appreciated.

Emeriastone
July 6th, 2006, 21:48
I want to thank fanjita and ditlew, for without them, no 2.xx homebrew would be possible, nor would be a 2.50/2.60 downgrader, thanks to dark_alex and the others who made the downgrader, and thanks to the makers of pspradio, snes9xtyl, devhook, irshell, Pimpstreamer and many many other that I'm forgetting, (for I've used your programs and benefitted greatly) donations are on the way...

MonTANa90
July 6th, 2006, 21:48
Thanks to everyone and especially :-

Dark_alex and the pspxteam etc for the 2.5/2.6 downgrader and the 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader

And again Dark alex for the dax ziso loader even though i dont use it is meant to be a very nice piece of homebrew

Also booster for perhaps one of the main things that keeps people with 1.5 - Devhook

Also how can i forget fanjita and ditlew for the gta eloader that helped me run homebrew back in the 2.01 days also i guess saotome as well for giving the eloader the kick start

Also a name that should never be forgotten Nem that has been refered to as the father of homebrew, he was the one to start it all off.

Once again thank you all devs.

NeoXCS
July 6th, 2006, 22:13
If I wasnt in a hurry I'd write something really long... (Says some insperational things) (Makes a corny joke)
XD Seriously though thank all of you coders for your hard work. Without you my PSP wouldnt be half as kewl! :p

jimmi
July 6th, 2006, 22:18
Thanks every single 1 of you, u saved me from boredome many a time . thank you.

SnoopKatt
July 6th, 2006, 22:19
I would like to thank everyone who made the 2.6 and 2.5 downgrader, the person who found the KXexploit, and all of the homebrew developers for their hard work and their advances in entertainment technology :)

PoorWhiteTrash
July 6th, 2006, 22:54
Thanks, without you guys, my PSP would be nothing but a $250 paperweight!

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 6th, 2006, 23:30
Thank You! :D

jerrt
July 6th, 2006, 23:55
everyone who can use what they know to make a great system better [and i'm not talking only psp's here] you are among an elite group of people that can create and not follow. You are all pure artists with the keyboard and i can only hope your continued work can be as easy as possible so that everyone, yourselves included, can enjoy the fruits.

cheers. !!! [[[[:

shadowprophet
July 7th, 2006, 00:28
I never wear a hat, But if I did, It would be off to you guys ;)

kcc86
July 7th, 2006, 00:30
I don't think its necessary to make a thread just to thank developers. Sounds cheesy, but most of us (except for the ungrateful kids) are thankful for developers even if it's not expresed physically. But here it is anyway, "thanks."

idapimp
July 7th, 2006, 00:52
i love you guys. (not in a homosexual way)

remansano
July 7th, 2006, 01:10
Thank you guys, without your sleepless nights the PSP would be nothing but a waste of money...
By the way, sony should also thank you for making so many usefull things for such an incredible hardware.
Keep it up!!

(PS: Me and my friends are just waiting for college vacations to join the scene)

BelmontSlayer
July 7th, 2006, 03:21
I give my thanks to the following coders/developers, whos homebrew I use constantly...

Booster & mok - DevHook
YoYoFr, Laxer3a & Thunderz - Snes9xtylME (You are my GOD)
PSmonkey - Monkey64
Strmnnrmn - Daedalus
Ruka - NesterJ
Syn-z - DGEN
zx-81 - VBA For PSP (I love you, please have my babies)
Homer (Heather) - RIN GBC Emulator
MPH - MPH Downgrader, Firmware & Game Loader
71M - FileAssistant
rob_psp - Notepad v3
Humma Kavula - Fastloader (I still use it to dump my UMDs)
Dark_AleX - DAXZISO
vettacossx - For the 50 billion mods he puts out
Arguru - Super Mini Mario
Vampire & DrEggman - PSPersonalize

Greetz to all the other coders, keep up the good work!!!

dragaron
July 7th, 2006, 03:24
Thanks for all of your incredible hard work! You all have made the PSP a much better system than Sony themselves would have.

Predator
July 7th, 2006, 05:24
Thank You to everybody in the DCEmu network for all your hard work and great feedback.

I'd also like to thank Nem, without him, my PSP would be under Sony's control. lol.

Thank you to every homebrew coder.

Keep all the GREAT homebrew coming!!

jason867
July 7th, 2006, 05:45
I probably can't remember everyone, but I'll try.

(In no particular order, and sorry if I didn't remember your name, or spell it right, or if you're not a coder at all)

Thank you:

Wraggster
Dark_Alex
Mathuile
Yoshiro (thanks for sticking through the criticism)
Shine (thanks for the help with the screenshot code and numerous other things)
PSMonkey
PSDonkey
Nem
Kaiser

I know there's more coders I can't think of (GTA cheat device, kxploit, 2.0-1.5 d/g)

But thanks again, the majority of the community appreciates you, all the rest are just pimples on societies a$$ (lol)

satty
July 7th, 2006, 06:44
Thanks to all psp developers for the constant coding of content. Yo, i'd liek to make a shout out, NJ the coder of the NeoGeoCD mame emulator, metal slug is the best portable; YoYo the snes emu is great! zx-81, I like what u've accompished sofar with the gba emu; StrmnNrmn and PSmonkey for their work on N64 emus; that crazy porter of supermariowar; ruka with his NES; Syn-z with Dgenesis emu; and that coder or IR shell, nice button combos, also any awesome projects I missed- It's all you. Emu's are the reason I bought a psp; 1.5 represent!!!.

Junixx
July 7th, 2006, 06:51
I must thank all the DS coders, especially Moonlight and Antonia Zea (Beup),everyone over at pocketheaven, and everyone at DCEmu! given me countless hours of more entertainment for my DS and GBA

slinky_mess
July 7th, 2006, 07:38
awesome work everyone! thanks for all the hard work and the fun stuff you put out. without you my psp wouldnt be a quarter as fun as it should be.

vettacossx
July 7th, 2006, 07:39
THANKS TO SP FOR MAKING US SMILEI never wear a hat, But if I did, It would be off to you guys ;)

thanks to pspdemon for making the mods....that EVEN US MODDERS LOOK FOWARD 2 !!!

thanks to psp3d and arguru for making my fav games 2 mod

thanks to all involved in SMW,SMM,JGJ, i love those games!!!

and THANK ALL YOU GUYS WHO USE JMV MODS
all your gr8 suggestions and support has made the gr8 replay value we have been able to offer so far keep all the gr8 feedback rollin your our family...our DChomiez you know who you are ;)

a extra speacial thanks to my partners ,team mates, and most importantly ;) my friends

JmanUmmKay of DCemu
Mysteryman of DCemu
they put the JM in JMV MODS of DCemu :)
without them our mods would not be...so thank you guys for helping me out all the time

THE BIGGEST THANKS GOES 2
MARTIN AND DCemu FOR HOSTING OUR WORK AND SO MANY OF OUR FRIENDS WORK AS WELL...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH :)

lucidtraveller
July 7th, 2006, 07:53
a huge Thank You all for all of the hard work, i would not even have a PSP if it wasn't for You all and i love using the emulators.....about 4 years ago i had to sell my classic game collection, it was literally the 4th largest collection on the Earth and did nothing but collect dust, now i can carry prettymuch just as much around in my pocket :D

stotheamuel
July 7th, 2006, 07:55
Thanks to all the moderators and admins...

Wraggster, Martin, ShadowProphet, Kaiser, 1timeuser, Christuserloeser and others..

Thanks to all the regulars here for keeping this a fun and peaceful environment.

Thank you coders and modders like
fanjita
psmonkey (and the whole m64 and iris teams)
edison carter
the snes 9x tyl team
jmv mods
dark_alex (for bringing more people to the 1.5 side)

OH AND PS!
Thank you Sony..... and space ghost

Aryn
July 7th, 2006, 07:57
I believe that the hackers and programmers who make homebrew possible on the DS and PSP deserve a lot of thanks, if not for their efforts I would not have been able to get the most out of these two systems. I am using my DS as a PDA and music/video player using the third party programs that were created and I owe the fact that I did not have to spend much more extra money on these devices and carry them around with me to those who were clever and knowledgable enough to make it happen.

I also must thank Nintendo, because not only have they created a decent portable system but they are also making sure my investment is protected by offering to replace a defective or broken DS system for only the cost that is required to renew its warranty (just $15) and they are not being so zealous in blocking all hackers. Their friendly approach overall has made me strongly respect them and will ensure that I will mostly purchase their console/portable systems in the future. I also must thank them for raising the standards of portable gaming and giving me, the gamer, plenty of good games to enjoy.

Pardon my negativity, but I do not thank SONY for anything except for the fact that they unintentionally made the PSP prone to hackers when it was first released. Their "Too bad, live with it" approach to defects in a PSP system and their overzealous approaches to blocking hackers which in the end go to extremes and alienate or at least inconvenience most gamers (well, at least I felt alienated), as well as the fact that they severely underclocked the PSP and do not allow games to use all of its hardware make me want to purchase another PSP (used, of course, I will not let them get a penny of what I pay for it) just to pirate all of SONY's stuff and rip them off, and likely do side by side comparisons with the DS. And I am normally against piracy.

And, of course, I must thank the people who maintain sites like dcemu.co.uk, qj. net, etc. for bringing this free homebrew content (well, not entirely free in the DS's case, the hardware required to run homebrew can be pricy) to our attention and making it readily available for me, the gamer, to enjoy.

HtheB
July 7th, 2006, 08:58
TNQ ALL HOMEBREW DEVELOPERS!!!
TNQ ALL HOMEBREW DEVELOPERS!!! :) :D

hehehe

jhontikis
July 7th, 2006, 09:19
Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

sxxxe83
July 7th, 2006, 10:25
Thanks everyone =)
We all appreciate your hard work =)

Mazza
July 7th, 2006, 10:45
Thanks everyone, don't let the flamers stop you and keep up the good work :D

Atmoshuo
July 7th, 2006, 10:47
i only got my new ds lite 2 days and actually got to test some homebrew yesterday. so regardless.. i'd like to thank all the coders and artists for their awesome effort to bring us amazing free content! May it be games or apps. It's incredible to see what you guys are capable of. Keep up the great work!

Addictedd
July 7th, 2006, 11:06
no offence but the coders already get thanked on each news article that's submitted about their work, so this seems kind of pointless?

Yungblaqs
July 7th, 2006, 11:25
jus wanna say all of y'all are da best!!

keep up da good work jah bless....

tavueni
July 7th, 2006, 11:48
I'd want to thank ALL developers and coders in the PSP Homebrew/Emulation scene.

Without all of you guys, we'd be limited to what $ony LET us do with our PSPs. You guys unlock it's POTENTIAL.

NiGame
July 7th, 2006, 11:52
I know it's been said a thousand time but thanks all for breathing new life into my PSP and my games that I almost forgot how much I loved

Many Thanks

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 12:46
being a coder myself, i have to truly appriciate what people have done for this scene. In the past 5 days I have only gotten a taste of a programmng language, and it is LUA, a really easy language, so my thx goes to everyone who has ever contributed (especially the coders).

Dbgtgoten
July 7th, 2006, 13:17
thanks you coder without you i'd be stuck without some really cool things and my psp would probably be under a sofa by now :D thanks^^ i love all the homebrew and applications :) thanks for all you've done.

-Souls:D

brcu
July 7th, 2006, 13:20
Thanks everyone.

You have made the psp worth buying despite the generally awful official games released. Thank god for emulators and homebrew !

b8a
July 7th, 2006, 14:06
As many other people have already said, thanks to all of the devers and coders out there that are helping to fulfill the potential of our wonderful machines.

Even though every coder contributes and their contributions are very much appreciated, the I'd like to thank the following coders specifically for the impact their softs have had on me personally:
-NJ (I never dreamed that NeoGeo games would run better on a PSP than SNES games, but his dedication has made this the reality)
-Y (For making the single piece of homebrew that I use more than any other, UoSnes9x. Phenomenal work)
-71M (For making my second most often used proggie, FileAssistant. Also for being the first to realize any level of Flash playback on the PSP. My deepest gratitude!)
-Booster (For realizing FLAWLESS PSP firmware emulation. Thanks to coders like him giving us work like this, an update-less future is looking VERY real!)
-zx-81 (For port after tireless port, and a great winning attitude that's ultimately realizing GBA emulation on the PSP!)

And of course there are many others! BIG thanks to all of the level-headed, great core members of PS2DEV! You guys are the engine of our PSP homebrew machine!

MadMonkee
July 7th, 2006, 14:35
I've only done 3 things for the scene... O_o don't have the time I used to, I work 40 hours a week now.

Cloud_35
July 7th, 2006, 14:47
This reminds me to the Oscar's ceremony...

But anyway, I think we must thank to our webmaster Wraggster. Don't ya tink so...???;)

Billz
July 7th, 2006, 14:54
Thanks to all PSP coders and all at DCEMU for the round the clock coverage of all that is new and exciting in the land of PSP.

Two names stand out - Fanjita and Ditlew

Without these guys my BRITISH V2.0 PSP was utterly useless. Great work !!!!

MadMonkee
July 7th, 2006, 14:57
I'd like to thank the following coders;

MPH Team for their amazing work on prx decryption, the very first downgrader and beginning on the firmware loading idea.

Booster for leaving me no reason to have a 1.50+ firmware. The friggin Device Hook even emulates the browser to it's max, which is all I ever asked for.

Fanjita (and Ditlew :D) for being a visionary. When everyone had given up on firmware 2.00 and downgraded, Fanjita was working to improve his eLoader which played a great part in homebrew scene all together, even with the recent downgrader.

-ALL EMULATION CODERS- This thanks a whole lot of people, you actually were the only reason why I bought the friggin gizmo. If PSP didn't have homebrew, it would be as good as a doughnut dipped in elephant shit.

Coders of 2.6 downgrader I hate you for not finding this a week earlier. You could have saved me $100 on the damn chip. Well, I guess it could still come in handy... uhm someday. Bah, I'll just sell it on eBay.

D0N
July 7th, 2006, 16:17
First off we all know that without the Developers/Hackers we wouldnt have any Homebrew Scenes whatsoever and so many never really get the credit they deserve.

So often the mainstream target a newspost on a site and the actual coders site gets ignored in favour of a Scene site.

Now its your turn to thank coders or just one whos release was so great that you spent many hours playing it.

Start thanking Via Comments :)

I personally thank all coders for any scene, without you, our consoles would see a lot less life :)

I also thank all coders for making the PSP better. Without homebrew i would have just left my PSP to collect dust. Thank you all the coders for making homebrew games! Also i thank the people who made the downgraders for 2.00 and 2.5/2.6. And of course Fanjita & Ditlew for making the Eloader.

A big thank you to all of you from me!

Poem58
July 7th, 2006, 18:22
I want to thank the developers for saving me a boatload of money when I really have none to spend....Homebrew has given me as much enjoyment as the couple of games I purchased...I havent bought a new game since Coded Arms and it was a trade in purchase....Ace Combat X will be very hard not to upgrade for....But I can't give up my TurboGrafx again (gave up the real hardware/handheld/tuner and tons of games in the past for next to nothing and missed it alot since....)

Chuckman
July 7th, 2006, 18:43
Thank you to everyone for their wonderful releases. Without them there would be no homebrew, no emulators, no applications or utilities etc.

Every release is always welcome. :cool:

goldenmage
July 7th, 2006, 18:53
Words cannot express our thanks to all you excellent coders out there. Without you, I could never enjoy my PSP to the fullest.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Thanks especially to fanjita for his wondrous coding abilities!

Lorestel
July 7th, 2006, 20:03
Thanks to all the developers. You make life fun!

DarkworldPrince
July 7th, 2006, 22:01
Great :P let's fellate some egos.

Just kidding... uhm... A shout out to the bookr and pens enhanced picture viewer devs... and also to booster for the latest devhook versions! You guys are what my psp is all about.

To anyone who has developed anything for the DS, PSP and GBA this past year. Thankyou.

dublas1980
July 8th, 2006, 00:20
Thanks guys for all your hard work....... and SPECIAL THANKS TO "WRAGGSTER" for posting this NEWS, becuase all coders deserve respect and we need to be thankful for their hard work!.... And againg "thank you all you guys that work very hard and for making dreams come true.:D:):D

Thank you all. :D:):):):D:D:):):):D

Voltron
July 8th, 2006, 09:51
Well I was banned when this was first post. But I can't NOT post a thanks in this thread. There are soooo many people to thank. I don't want to forgot or mispell or otherwise offend anyone who helped make the PSP scene what it is today.

Also the list of those who should be thanked would make this post so long it would make your eyes bleed.

But lets just refresh ourselves with all that we can do on the PSP now because of homebrew. And then lets remind ourselves that PSP homebrew is just barely over 1 year old. WOW! A lot has been accomplished huh? Things that were said to be impossible are now a reality. Things we never would have thought to try are now being tested and developed.

It has been a great year for PSP homebrew and the future is VERY VERY bright.

Thanks goes out to the most talented of coders and also members of this forum that make this such a fun community. No matter how small the contribution, it is a piece of the puzzle that comes together beautifully.

cador
July 9th, 2006, 21:56
I got into the scene about 4 1/2 years ago when I bought a Pelican Games Downloader flash cartridge for the GBA. It only had 96K of memory but I could play many freeware classics like Hungry are the Dead, GB Basic and INFGMB (Infocom Interpreter that let you play text adventure games like Zork, Infidel, etc). I've since upgraded to an X-ROM flash cartridge and I use it to play Pocket NES, Cologne, Frotz, etc. I'm now anxiously awaiting for the arrival of a GP2X that I just bought last week.

Kudos to the developers for making gaming on handheld consoles so much more interesting.