PDA

View Full Version : better devhook...

Accordion
July 6th, 2006, 23:10
what file is the version number stored in
the number it shows under system settings, what file is it on 1.5 and what file on 2.50. Also how is this information changed in the flash apps for 1.50, is it simply changing a number or a string of code?

basically if we can change the devhook files so that the psp version is labelled as 2.71 then it should have better compatibility with umds until the other firmwares are decrypted... i think

ive looked through certain firmware files (forgotten which) and have found english print text saying
"your system software is version 1%" or somthing
where is the label "1%" as that refers to the firmware number!

i apologise for my lack of knowledge

SSaxdude
July 6th, 2006, 23:57
I think they have to decrypt the firmware to make it loadable.

borgamix123
July 7th, 2006, 00:10
it would be great to load 2.71 on devhook

dalejrrocks
July 7th, 2006, 01:35
they are stored in flash under version.txt. i think that's what the file is. i don't remember which flash now. but no, you can't just change the firmware number and expect it to work. it has certain .prxs and i think that it runs a check before launching UMD's. just like a checksum during upgrading that's why you can't just change the version number and downgrade like some people said before.

Accordion
July 7th, 2006, 10:05
none of you understand...!

i dont mean to load the newer firmwares
just trick the firmware to read 2.71 in the system settings.. like the version number change on 1.50 using apps like pspset!
my 1.50 is labelled 3.00, if devhook firmware was labelled 3.00 it woould bypass the first security check, and boot more umds

basically, i cant boot metal gear acid2 as it tells me the firmware is 2.50, if it thought the firmware was 3.00 it would not prompt the update and at least boot the umd.

i do know that if you use pspsetX on 2.00 you can change version number to 2.60 and run some 2.01+ UMDs on the 2.00 firmware, as it bypasses the first security measure!

dalejrrocks
July 7th, 2006, 12:48
you can't just change the version number and expect it to work. it's more complex than that!

borgamix123
July 7th, 2006, 13:30
you can't just change the version number and expect it to work. it's more complex than that!

U said everything

Accordion
July 7th, 2006, 17:44
dear dear why do i bother

remember that you could trick a 1.50 to load higher UMDs just by changing the version number?
and remember
by using pspsetX you could get street fighter which required 2.50 to run on 2.00 just by changing the version number...? it works

well not all games require all the prxs to be there, some check for 2.00 and then they run

i know that socom requires version number 2.60, and on 0.41d it will run perfectly...so all the files are correct!

however on 0.42a all the prx files are the same yet it will not run my umd, it asks me to upgrade to 2.60, because my firmware is still 2.50...
this game does not require 2.60, it just needs the 2.50 prx and filles, but needs the label 2.60, to bypass the security

there are three security checks on umds that i can see
first is the version number, if this is correct the umd will load, but whether it works depends on
secondly is the prx check, now not all games check for the latest prx files some check for 2.00 or 2.50 they dont always require the same as the version number... this is fact!
the third check is only to concering net play and osk, music etc not needed for actully playing the game

dalejrrocks
July 7th, 2006, 18:07
k. maybe you could get a couple games to load that way. so what's the big deal. devhook can't emulate higher firmwares if they aren't decrypted.

Accordion
July 7th, 2006, 18:17
anyway forget it
dark alex has figured out to how to decrypt up to 2.71, two psps are needed, one 1.5 the other 2.60

roll on devhook 0.43 !!!
woo hoo
go here
http://pspupdates.qj.net/2-7X-PRXDecrypter-Released-/pg/49/aid/58161