PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Icons No More

chrisrulz555
July 7th, 2006, 04:29
People seem so excited about the 1.00 downgrader because there will no longer be corrupt Icons. Well theres a little tool called Sei's PSP Tool that removes them for you, I cant believe people havent heard of this ive been using it for 8 or so months.

IndianCheese
July 7th, 2006, 05:44
We will also be able to have custom firmwares. A.K.A. Epsilon BiOS without the modchip.

SnoopKatt
July 7th, 2006, 06:38
Hmm, the Epsilon BIOS? Sounds tempting. Maybe I will downgrade... but let's see the success ratios first.

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 07:25
Also if the corrupt icons bother . Use psp brew

borgamix123
July 7th, 2006, 10:51
some applications like emulatores dont work if u take the corrupt item

gotmilk0112
July 7th, 2006, 15:15
there is about a 98% chance of the 2.6 downgrader to work.... i dunno about the 1.5 downgrader.

SSaxdude
July 7th, 2006, 16:28
I downgraded my 1.5 to 1.0 just for the fun of it. It's easy, and I bet the success rate is 100%.

kyle2194
July 7th, 2006, 17:31
Yeah, 100% untill some guy decides to take teh battery out while hes flashing.

cdrdj
July 8th, 2006, 05:46
People seem so excited about the 1.00 downgrader because there will no longer be corrupt Icons. Well theres a little tool called Sei's PSP Tool that removes them for you, I cant believe people havent heard of this ive been using it for 8 or so months.

what about the __SCE__ and %__SCE__ thingy? Or whatever the original one is (forgot which underscores were added). Sei's PSP Tool sometimes doesn't work with renaming the folders. Some homebrew or emu's won't work if the folder name is changed using Sei's method. Use the __SCE__ method. I've been using it for months and it is so much better and easier. Here's what you do:
Ex.

Orignal folders are named GAMEZ and GAMEZ%
Change them to __SCE__GAMEZ and %__SCE__GAMEZ

That's TWO underscores before and after ( I believe you can ignore the two underscores after since the links guys just put that in there cause they liked it but i forget.)

Now the corrupt signs are gone and all the homebrew and emus work.

This is 1.5 by the way.

ACID
July 8th, 2006, 06:35
what about the __SCE__ and %__SCE__ thingy? Or whatever the original one is (forgot which underscores were added). Sei's PSP Tool sometimes doesn't work with renaming the folders. Some homebrew or emu's won't work if the folder name is changed using Sei's method. Use the __SCE__ method. I've been using it for months and it is so much better and easier. Here's what you do:
Ex.

Orignal folders are named GAMEZ and GAMEZ%
Change them to __SCE__GAMEZ and %__SCE__GAMEZ

This is 1.5 by the way.
The problem with this is there is no organiser programe that recognises it so you cant rearange your emulators. atleast i havent found one i might be wrong who knows.:D

cdrdj
July 8th, 2006, 11:26
The problem with this is there is no organiser programe that recognises it so you cant rearange your emulators. atleast i havent found one i might be wrong who knows.:D

Haha, Actually, there is one. Heres the link

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24596

The programs called Ogranise (spelling is correct). You just choose your brew then hold X and drag it to where you want it. Very simple. Trust me, the __SCE__ method of naming is much more convinient compared to the method sai uses. His was good but I think this method is better:D

V3N0M
July 8th, 2006, 11:51
Oh i love that program. Best part is you can orginase it on your psp with this app. No rearranging by computer. I've used this program for monthes and its great. Few bugs tho. Some times it will mess up in orginasing it but usualy its all good.