PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade a 3.30ofw to 1.5 then cfw?

tonyg2394
January 18th, 2010, 17:54
I used to be all into the psp scene and was always up on all the new custom firmwares and stuff but those days have passed me.

So i have two psps, one of those is still hacked and running 4.01M33-2, and it works great, but my other one is running OFW3.30. I was wondering, is there any way to get custom firmware on this psp because that was almost 3 years ago that 3.30 came out, and im sure something must be out there to down grade to 1.5

Let me know as it'd be cool to have 2 hacked psps!

FNQer
January 22nd, 2010, 00:49
i am assuming that your 3.30 is a phat. plz confirm the accuracy of my statements, as with these things it gets all muddled with information overload and there are always some late developments in homebrew community...

i reckon you have 3 options here.

one option, since your ofw is less than 3.50, you can downgrade to 1.50 then install cfw.

Or alternative option is to upgrade to 5.03 then to use chickHEN + HellCat's Recovery Flasher or Xgen updater.

Another option is if the ofw is greater than 5.03 then to use a pb and a mms to install cfw.

now, if i have made an ass of you and i (in assuming that you have a phat) - and you have a slim. then the option are to update to ofw 5.03 and then employ the chickHEN method (or Xgen updater) to install cfw. if it is a slim, then plz be careful not to quickly upgrade the ofw past 5.03 - as not all slims are hackable using a pb and mms when its ofw is greater than 5.03... i don't think you have the 'dreaded' (but not so dreaded now as compared to the recent past) ta-088v3 motherboard version of slim, since your ofw is ancient...

you kinda have a little more leeway when mucking around with phats - as compared to all other psp models. all phats, regardless of its ofw, is hackable by using a pb and mms.... so if you have a slim, plz be careful not to rush into things like updating the ofw to the latest ofw, if you are considering running cfw on that slim...