PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham to host new interactive entertainment festival

wraggster
July 7th, 2006, 22:58
This October will see the launch of GameCity, a new interactive entertainment festival designed to bring the games industry and gamers together through a series of debates, seminars, workshops and cultural events.

GameCity will take place in Nottingham during half-term week, running from 25th-29th October. Planned events include European premiere film screenings, game presentations and art exhibitions, including LA's Museum of Arts exhibition 'Into the Pixel'.

"GameCity will entertain, inform and educate individuals, industry and the public sector on the value and the potential of interactive entertainment for everyone, said GameCity director Iain Simons.

"With the phenomenal growth in this sector, we believe it’s the right time for the industry to start challenging itself in this way."

TT Games co-founder Jonathan Smith added: "The GameCity initiative brings together the broadest possible group of people who can shape the future of interactive entertainment, from industry professionals to young children; the game-makers of tomorrow.

"Making this exciting digital world accessible to such a wide audience, in a fresh and imaginative context, creates a real platform to extend opportunity and catalyse innovation. Most importantly, it’ll be a huge amount of fun for everyone involved, showcasing the power of gaming in an engaging and energising way."

Awesome news and even better its in my home city :)
via gamesindustry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18182)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 8th, 2006, 00:44
Cool may pop along myself Wraggy its just up the motorway from me lol.

Pico
July 8th, 2006, 01:14
lol its miles off, thats why i cant find a location for it.

fatfrost
July 9th, 2006, 15:37
Well about time, something intersting in Nottingham.....i wonder if it'll be held at THE BROADWAY cinema??? tsk.

fatfrost
July 9th, 2006, 15:39
HEY! just on another note...why is there naff all scene demos being released for the GP2X?!?! I'm sure more demos could be released for this awesome litte handheld?? i would do it myself but i'm not a good coder....(LAZY)....erm....how about a port of some nice MFX demos?....ta! ;)

iainsimons
July 10th, 2006, 14:42
Hey -

Thanks for the plug :)
Wondering if you might be interested in participating in some way in the show? Fancy a pint to take this important discussion further?

-i