PDA

View Full Version : Buying Locations

syntaxtothe
July 8th, 2006, 03:35
I recently purchased a brand spanking new psp. It was a firmware 2.6 and I upgraded immediately to 2.71 when I saw that there were game demos with the new version. Obviously that was a horrid mistake. I can't buy a modchip because this sucker has a TA 082 motherboard (currently unsupported, I beleive), and I honestly suck at soldering. My only mistake before buying my psp was that I did not conduct any research about the product on homebrew sites, such as this one, my fav ^^.

Anyways I'm looking to sell this psp as it has no downgrader capability, nor modchip attachement.... unless I rake out a few hundred bucks.

I live in Calgary/Alberta/Canada, and I was wondering if there was anyone here that knew of any stores that could possibly sell Revision A, B, C, or D psp's. That means firmware 1.5 - 2.0

If anyone knows give me a reply in the thread ^^

Thanks in advance.:cool:

-loyal sony psp user

SSaxdude
July 8th, 2006, 04:31
Finding a new PSP with 1.5-2.0 is hard these days. Look for a used 2.0-2.6 that can be downgraded. I also believe new PSPs that come with 2.5 or 2.6 but without the TA 082 motherboard can be downgraded. If you know anybody that has a 2.6, ask them if you can trade PSPs.

syntaxtothe
July 8th, 2006, 04:48
Yeah but doesn't the downgrader only work for psp's that have been upgraded already to 2.6 or 2.5? Not a factory set firmware.

felonyr301
July 8th, 2006, 05:37
heres a thought what about it came with 2.5 but you upgraded to 2.6 would that change anything cause i wanna buy a psp for my sister (i have 1.5) and i know ill end up getting an above 2.0 so just wondering and also i wanna get her the white one.

ACID
July 8th, 2006, 05:45
heres a thought what about it came with 2.5 but you upgraded to 2.6 would that change anything cause i wanna buy a psp for my sister (i have 1.5) and i know ill end up getting an above 2.0 so just wondering and also i wanna get her the white one.
Unless you buy a use japanise release white psp the one been release in the usa and america will more then likely be a 2.70 or higher firmware. Also it all depends on the board of the psp. If you have the right one you can upgrade from 2.50 to 2.60 and it should work.

And the best place to hope for a lucky 2.0 or lower used psp is at Gamestop or eb games. I have mi white 1.50 but didnt want to upgrade so i went to a gamestop about may and found 3 (2.0 psp) Lucky me bought all 3 and sold one on ebay. Made back the money i spent on 3 LOL lucky me:D

syntaxtothe
July 8th, 2006, 06:14
Unless you buy a use japanise release white psp the one been release in the usa and america will more then likely be a 2.70 or higher firmware. Also it all depends on the board of the psp. If you have the right one you can upgrade from 2.50 to 2.60 and it should work.

And the best place to hope for a lucky 2.0 or lower used psp is at Gamestop or eb games. I have mi white 1.50 but didnt want to upgrade so i went to a gamestop about may and found 3 (2.0 psp) Lucky me bought all 3 and sold one on ebay. Made back the money i spent on 3 LOL lucky me:D

lol you mean man. Yeah you can still find 2.6's on sale in North america, but soon the 2.71's will be flying out. The mainboards are all more than likely TA 082's......useless piece of craps lol.