PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of this?

MonoLoco
July 8th, 2006, 22:09
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Nintendo-64-UltraHLE-Emulator-Alpha-Teaser-Full-Speed-Mario-Zelda-and-Goldeneye/pg/49/aid/57643

I'm pretty much convinced it's total bull (sounds just like PSDonkey to me, and googling his name doesn't exactly give you links becoming of a developer...) but I figured Monkey and some of the others here would have a much better idea than I would.

Now, I don't want to start up a whole slew of debates like with Donkey64, so I understand if this gets modded, but I'm tired of 95% of the QJ.net community flaming everyone who thinks it's fake just because of the old "if you guys don't appreciate it, I won't release it" line.

Buddy4point0
July 8th, 2006, 23:49
no offence i could completely be wrong but i dont think you were here when all the psdonkey crap was going on cause i wasent and i joined before you i think you just saw this one post by him and everybody getting mad at him for comming back.

PSmonkey
July 9th, 2006, 00:01
No donkey bashing. Donkey is actualy trying to redeam him self for a change on other sites. So no bashing him here.

Now that I got that out of the way.

I think this could be a fake. There is no proof that its real. The shots could easly been taken from daedalus. They show no sense in speed nor show they were from something running.

I mean sure in the early days I posted shots before the builds but atleast gave you guys status along the way and other things to prove I had something real.

MonoLoco
July 9th, 2006, 03:20
Believe me, I was here the whole time...anyway, I'm surprised to hear he's turned a new leaf--I thought all that business with Daedalus was just him trying to take credit for StrmnNrmn's work but hey, what do I know.

I was just annoyed because everyone, the editor at QJ.net included, is inclined to believe it's real, without any actual proof. But nonetheless, do you really think he would be able pull off full speed with sound? Speedhacks can only save so much processing power in the long run, and this seemed to come out of nowhere.

middlemaniac
July 9th, 2006, 05:01
Well the author said he will be realeasing it to Jamie M.(a pspupdates.qj staff worker) on July 14th to show that its real. Then he said he will release a day or two after that.

MonoLoco
July 9th, 2006, 05:13
I know what he said...and I'll wait and see what happens, but it just doesn't sound likely.

PSmonkey
July 9th, 2006, 05:15
if you can't just up and give a build to someone for credibility at any point. I have less of a reason to believe. I can at any time produce a build for my testers of my current status in any of my projects.

Any comercial coder would be use to this at work since work or a publisher could request a build at any time.

Buddy4point0
July 9th, 2006, 16:24
i was just thinking he could have mae it fulll speed in a short amount of time. for example- say he was working with 2.6 psp and has been working on this emulator for a while but it was slower than the others and no sound so theres no point to reliseing it so he didient. then when the kernal mode was unlocked he went in and used kernal mode to fully axcess fetures, and boom it worked with sound and full speed. thats just a theory i still dont really belive him that much i gess will just have to wait.

MonoLoco
July 9th, 2006, 17:17
All kernel mode opens up is the ME, and the ME would likely only be used for sound, and even then, there's the distinct possibility that there would be a slight decrease in speed unless properly optimized.

Also, notice he's calling an emulator that runs roms at 100% speed with sound and no artifacts an "alpha." You almost get the feeling he doesn't know what it means, but I'll give him the benefit of a doubt there.

spiderjames
July 11th, 2006, 21:33
well he said he would release it on the 14 so we can wait. But it isnt total bull yet. Cause Zombi146 is a cool guy and he used to be an old gba dev so he must have been working on this for months now maybe a year.

PSmonkey
July 11th, 2006, 22:24
well he said he would release it on the 14 so we can wait. But it isnt total bull yet. Cause Zombi146 is a cool guy and he used to be an old gba dev so he must have been working on this for months now maybe a year.

i'm also an old gba dev and the name does not ring a bell for me (I was the old owner of agbdev.net which hosted gbadev.org and many other gba dev sites).

I wait till the 14th to see what comes about.

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 22:27
That add was a couple of weeks back. the rumors was he was going to have an alpha release in a couple days. Its been weeks now. its a fake.

BrooksyX
July 12th, 2006, 00:59
That add was a couple of weeks back. the rumors was he was going to have an alpha release in a couple days. Its been weeks now. its a fake.

today is july 11th, it was said that it would be released after july 14th, so everyone has to wait at least 3 more days before they can call this a complete fake.

MonoLoco
July 12th, 2006, 05:53
Yeah, seems like no one can actually come up with any proof that he's a GBA dev, everyone just immediately believes it because Jamie at QJ.net said it (and yet, he was probably told that from Zombi himself >.>). It was one of the reasons I thought you might have some insight here, Monkey, if any of us were to recognize a GBA dev it'd be you.

If you google him even, there's not a single reference to him being a dev--just an entry on ratemybody (lawl) and on a few forums acting pretty unprofessional.

PSmonkey
July 12th, 2006, 06:34
Yeah, seems like no one can actually come up with any proof that he's a GBA dev, everyone just immediately believes it because Jamie at QJ.net said it (and yet, he was probably told that from Zombi himself >.>). It was one of the reasons I thought you might have some insight here, Monkey, if any of us were to recognize a GBA dev it'd be you.

If you google him even, there's not a single reference to him being a dev--just an entry on ratemybody (lawl) and on a few forums acting pretty unprofessional.

Yeah. I've chatted with a QJ staffer and he is not sure why it was posted (he really does not agree with it). If nothing is given by the 14th, they're just gonna publicly discredit it.

Also i understand coders change nicks (i've done it quite a few times). Yet if I do make reference to old work or a scene i do give out the nick so it's an easy find (in gba i was subbie/subice or nexis2600, google brings up many results).

sroon
July 13th, 2006, 04:07
They also said that he used his gba emu for private use too!

imoneofthem
July 14th, 2006, 00:58
It's the 14th today :-P

Let's see what happens.
Personally I think he's a fake however everyone discredited Yoshihiro and now look! He's contributed to the downgraders that 1000's of PSP users are applying on their PSP's today.

Let's sit back and wait until the end of this day.

^_^ Fingers crossed for a release hehe.

acn010
July 14th, 2006, 01:01
It's the 15th today :-P
yeah, today is the 15th.
now what...........
total fake:mad:

BrooksyX
July 14th, 2006, 01:20
it depends on what part of the world you are in. Its still the 13th here in the U.S.

sroon
July 14th, 2006, 05:36
OK today is the big day!!
Zelda psp!
(maybe)

BrooksyX
July 14th, 2006, 06:26
Well wait sroon he said that today he would release a beta to the staff members of qj.net on the 14th and then a public build a few days later. But who knows he may be nice and let everyone get it but hey if i atleast know that there is one working at a decent speed and that there is solid proof i will be happy!

imoneofthem
July 15th, 2006, 05:03
I see that he's still testing our patience....

I'd give the coder one week to proove that he can do a public release of this so called 'N64 emulator'...

Otherwise the PSP Scene should ignore him.

PSmonkey
July 15th, 2006, 13:19
fake, I dont care anymore.

If you provide a date and let it slip, you're nothing more then a scammer. I keep in contact with the psp u admins and they got nothing (unless something has changed recently but i dout it since they would have made a huge news post the min they got something).

Shitters like this piss me off.

kersplatty
July 15th, 2006, 13:42
this has gotta be fake i mean he failed to even release a video and now he misses the release. He is probably abusing the fact he used to code for gba if he did at all

Xiro
July 15th, 2006, 18:46
well atlease i used their error to plug dcemu... I said that they lost my trust and that dcemu doesnt post unless something is proved.

I think monoloco did the same about 30 comments before me

Accordion
July 15th, 2006, 21:37
£$£%^£^

MonoLoco
July 16th, 2006, 04:04
To be honest, I haven't plugged dcemu for quite a while, at least ever since they got something right for once and included the "ignore unregistered comments" option. Nothing personal really, it's just I've been following PSPU since the days of "Hello World!" and I only frequent this site for Monkey64/Iris (and the new FPS idea sounds interesting too, just haven't heard enough details to be excited yet).

I try not to bitch too much on these comment sections, I just kinda take it all with a grain of salt and a sense of humor...I'm just almost disappointed that no one listened to me the first day, when I gave a long rant about why this was total BS...and I wasn't the only one, but people tend to think that anything posted on a blog is real.

See, that's the big problem with QJ.net...they post freakin' everything...but late...and they're usually uninformed and don't always write very coherently. Every damn avenue here pointed to this emulator being fake, but Jamie just knew it wasn't vaporware by intuition. Idiotic, and I'm sure it's damaging their credibility, but it's still a good site if you can read between the lines (there is a big gap between them as it is) and make your own conclusions.

PSMonkey's section of the site has been the only part I've bothered to frequent, just because I love the idea of N64 emulation...it's the same reason I've been so involved here, because after watching the development here for so long, by a guy who actually WAS/IS (in a way) a GBA developer...there's no way some random user with a history of being your average disrepectful 1337'er was suddenly going to beat PSMonkey and StrmnNrmn, a seasoned N64 emulation vet, to the punch.

The only thing driving this was bad "journalism" and ridiculous false hopes, and I'm relieved that Jamie's on the verge of finally calling his bluff...

Wow, I have a big problem with ranting, XD.

DPyro
July 16th, 2006, 04:16
I don't think he will admit this is fake or even mention the N64 emu, trying to put it off till people forget about it.

Zeemon
July 17th, 2006, 20:26
It's definetly fake!

http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=839756&postcount=24