PDA

View Full Version : PDF: Playstation Magazine #1 - September 1997

wraggster
July 8th, 2006, 22:10
I'm keeping up my once-a-week Magazine scan, but I decided to mix it up a bit this time. I know there are a lot of loyal Sega Saturn fans reading this, but I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the first issue of Playstation Magazine from September of 1997.

After posting the fanboy mags for Nintendo and Sega, why shouldn't we look at the ultimate Sony fanboy literature as well.

In this issue, you will find a number of good introductory topics. First off all, "Top 25 Playstation Games of All Time" (pg 26) rounds up the best titles up until the date of the publication. I found it interesting to see how different the prime Playstation library was before Final Fantasy VII made it big.

"Know Your Playstation" (pg 58) served as a beginner's guide to the hardware options availible to new Playstation owners. The writeup may still be handy if you are looking into buying a used machine.

There are also a number of other interesting pieces in the issue such as Very early talks about the PS2 (pg 12), a Strategy Guide for the first disc of Final Fantasy VII (pg 66), and a Preview of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (pg 37).

I'd love to hear of any other little tidbits from the issue that you found interesting.

News and Download Link Here (http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/07/pdf-playstation-magazine-1-september.html#links)