PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Zelda Wii to be Majora's Mask sequel

wraggster
January 21st, 2010, 20:13
Let's get this straight: There are rumors about video games, and then there are crazy internet rumors about video games that are so intriguing you can't help but get excited about them, even though you don't believe they're anything more than products of an overactive fan imagination. This post is about the second kind.

Information has bubbled up from the Japanese 2chan message board about the new Wii Zelda game and, while 2chan's record on rumors hasn't been bad (they've broken information on Japanese anime, Resident Evil and other games that later turned out to be true), these rumors are crazy. Like Majora's Mask crazy.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/20/rumor-zelda-wii-to-be-majoras-mask-sequel/

kingslime80
February 21st, 2010, 07:14
As one of the many that hated the repetitiveness of Majora's Mask, from the re-used sprites to the simple fact that you needed to do the same thing over and over again, to the fact that you have a time limit to do everything, I just find it stressful when you're playing a new game, I'd rather stick with the split-universe gameplay. WW and the DS sequels are as close to a Majora's Mask Sequel as I'd be willing to play. That said, I wouldn't complain about a series re-start. Gannon not being the villain in the DS games was actually a little disappointing.

VampDude
February 21st, 2010, 14:47
Will this be the Zelda title set in the future, which Link rides a motorcycle named Epona?

WhizzBang
February 21st, 2010, 20:24
As one of the many that hated the repetitiveness of Majora's Mask, from the re-used sprites to the simple fact that you needed to do the same thing over and over again, to the fact that you have a time limit to do everything, I just find it stressful when you're playing a new game,

Harsh but probably true. I really enjoyed MM while I played it but took a break for a while and could never get back into it. I couldn't remember what I had done or half-done and it was all confusing and I couldn't face starting all over again.