PDA

View Full Version : Memory stick problem!

Nereus
January 24th, 2010, 17:40
Hello,
Recently i purchased a used psp fat with a 16GB pro duo memory.The condition is still great and the price was very nice too.The person who used it before formated the memory stick via the windows utility.

When i start the psp with the memory stick inside the memory read indicator does't stop blinking unless shut down.If i start it without the memory stick and insert it later,the psp can't either read it or format it.I checked the pins and they look fine so my guess is that the psp isn't to blame here.

The only possibility in my mind right now is that file system in the memory isn't supported by psp at all.I ordered a cheap memory reader so i can confirm it functions correctly and if it does if i can format it correctly via the windows.

In what file system should i convert it?NTFS/FAT32/FAT16?After this can i format it via the psp so i can correctly create the folder index?

Thank you for your time! :D

FNQer
January 24th, 2010, 21:59
format the memstick using the psp's xmb - under system settings > format memory stick

i think that the memstick is formated in FAT16 (though I initially thought it was FAT32) - but in any case, use the psp to format the memstick. that way, you will get all the folder structure which the psp likes...

you don't need a card reader - you just format the memstick using the psp and then connect the psp to the pc using the usb cable (and go to usb mode/connection in psp's xmb) to access the files (which are stored on the memstick) on the pc.

Shrygue
January 25th, 2010, 13:40
If you use anything over 2GB, you'll need to format using FAT32. Under 2GB, use FAT16.

jokerbat
January 26th, 2010, 09:25
it seems that there are rare PSP games larger than 2GB, so FAT16 is ok.