PDA

View Full Version : 3.71 M33-2 firmware randomly won't play certain games

Rere_Valorden
January 26th, 2010, 17:33
Hello everyone. I'm active in the buy/sell/trade forum over at www.racketboy.com. Lately I traded for a modded PSP with a pandora battery.

The PSP has emulators for Sega Genesis, NES, SNES, and a bunch of other random stuff. I was elated.

I wanted to add some emulators and homebrews that weren't pre-installed for me. I tried installing a Neo Geo CD emulator, a Nintendo 64 emulator, and a homebrew that makes Duke Nukem 3D playable on the PSP.

The only one that worked is the N64 emulator. Duke 3D and Neo Geo CD gave me a message saying, "The game could not be started. (8002014C)"

I did some digging around and found out this PSP has Dark_AleX's 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware installed on it.

On the PSP's file system there are three different folders for games. There's PSP/GAME, PSP/GAME150, and PSP/GAME371 or something. I tried installing everything on all three folders without any difference in results.

I'm a little perplexed that this stuff doesn't work, cause there's already so many emulators and homebrews pre-installed on this thing that work like a charm.

Here's what I suspect I have to do:

1. Use the pandora battery to install a completely different firmware that won't give me problems. Maybe firmware 1.5?

2. Find homebrews that are somehow specifically designed to work with 3.71 M33-2 firmware.

Ultimately I don't know, but I suspect someone around here has more experience with this stuff and can point me in the right direction.

Rere_Valorden
January 27th, 2010, 03:47
Well, I got Neo Geo emulation working. Sort of.

Watching this video (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWnIBqjxHNI) I managed to get Metal Slug 2 working. Metal Slug and Metal Slug 3 don't work, though.

PSP homebrew is kind of intimidating. I'm kind of figuring it out on my own, but can anyone recommend a "noob" guide somewhere out there?

acn010
January 27th, 2010, 07:09
ur so late, update to 5.50GEN

Rere_Valorden
January 27th, 2010, 16:46
Sorry for being so noob. I've never done this stuff before.

If I update to 5.50GEN, will that prevent anything I've already got installed from working?

I've been reading up on this stuff all over google and if you could direct me to a noob's guide to what's involved in getting PSP homebrew to work, that'd be great. What I've got going now is somewhat hit and miss. (And I didn't even know my CFW was outdated until you told me.)