PDA

View Full Version : CD-R Compatibility Issues.

gatomike
January 26th, 2010, 19:22
Hello, My name is Melly and I'm new to the dreamcast backup scene.

I am having trouble with burning my isos to a CD-R. I have a dreamcast that can play burned off games, however not many brands work.

I used a spare Memorex CD-R and got sonic adventure working without a hitch. I also used some other random cd with no brand name on it to play Jet grind radio. The disc for jet grind radio worked flawlessly for the first few times i played it (sevral hours each time). But after that i can't get it to work at all.

So, I decided to try and burn it again using Maxell CD-Rs which were the standard 80 minute, 700mb discs. I tried burning it with discjuggler but it wouldn't read the disc. I tried with several discs in the package with different settings (I can't quite remember what settings exactly) but still no luck.

Today I bought a 10 pack of Fujifilm CD-Rs with the same specs as the Maxell ones, and once again, no luck. Every time I used the same iso because i knew that it worked, that way I could eliminate the variable that the iso didn't work.

I currently have no way to obtain memorex CD-Rs to burn JGR off and thats why I tried the Maxell and Fujifilm discs instead.

So after all of that rambling on, I would like to know what the problem is. Is it that the Discs just aren't compatible with the dreamcast or am I not burning it correctly? Please tell me what settings you use for discjuggler if you happen to have the discs I used working.

All help is appreciated and I hope that I described my problem thoroughly enough for you to help me.

Thanks a lot, ~Melly

MasterMunt
January 26th, 2010, 19:29
No talk of piracy or 'backing up' is allowed on these forums, so im afraid you wont get much help here.

BlueCrab
January 26th, 2010, 19:31
We don't allow discussion of "backups" as the poster above said.

TOPIC LOCKED