PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading/Upgrading troubles

Anonynewf
July 10th, 2006, 19:52
So I bought a used PSP and GTA: LCS off of a friend of a friend which I thought was a 2.5 firmware. He showed me the emus and stuff he had on the mem sticks and I tried a few games and it worked fine. The reason I bought it was because I heard of the 2.5/2.6 downgrader.

Since I wasn't sure if it was originally a 2.5 or an older firmware upgraded to 2.5 I thought I would try upgrading to 2.6 because people have specified that to use the 2.5/2.6 downgrader, the PSP would have to have been upgraded at least once. I downloaded the 2.6 firmware from a reputable website and placed the firmware in the PSP/GAMES/UPDATE folder and tried to run it. It then said it could not be upgraded and that the firmware was corrupted. That didn't seem right since so many people had downloaded the file from the website I was talking about.

Well, I decided that I would just go ahead and try downgrading it anyway. I used the easy downgrader with the windows exe. I waited until the files were on the card and then initiated GTA as it prompted me to. I selected the downgrader and the screen turned off and the memory stick light started blinking. Not even a minute later a message comes up:

Game could not be started (8002032D)

I was happy that it didn't brick my PSP but I thought it would either work or brick. Then I suddenly remembered that my friend had been using an eLoader to select firmwares to play roms or higher firmware UMD's than what the actual PSP was. I think the PSP is actually a 2.0 or 2.1. I put Alpha 3 Max in the PSP and it plays with no music and only sound effects which was supposed to happen when emulating a firmware and playing this game. Well, I would try to get it back on it's original firmware but I had deleted everything on the mem card for the downgrading process as instructed.

My question is there any way I can get my PSP back to it's original firmware so that I can either use the 2.0 downgrade if that's what it currently is or upgrade it to 2.6 and then downgrade to 1.5 if it's a 2.1 firmware? If there is a way, could someone pease direct me to the proper program/tutorial on how to get it to work?

Sorry for the long explanation :P and thanks in advance :)

dalejrrocks
July 10th, 2006, 19:57
i am still not sure what you're asking after all that. Why would you want a 2.5? You have a 1.5 now, right? Stick with that. use devhook to emulate higher firmwares.

Anonynewf
July 10th, 2006, 19:59
The thing is, I'm about 90% certain that the actual firmware is 2.0 or 2.1 (if 2.1 can rum eLoaders and such).

I want to have a 1.5 firmware and I don't know how to set it back to it's original firmware so I can upgrade/downgrade at my leisure

dalejrrocks
July 10th, 2006, 20:04
... go to the system settings menu and look at the firmware version. if it is a 2.0 use mph 2.0-1.5 downgrader. there's a tut in this section. if it's something else. upgrade to 2.5 and downgrade.
go to http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-2.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/283/catid/163
to get 2.5

Anonynewf
July 10th, 2006, 20:08
The system is saying that it's 2.5 firmware but I don't think that's what it originally is. I've tried upgrading to 2.6 and it won't work and the downgrader won't work either.

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 20:09
if its a 2.0 right now(u can check by goin in to settings on ur XMB, then system settings, the system info) u can use the mph downgrader, and if its a 2.01 upgrade to 2.5 or 2.6 and use the 2.5/2.6 final downgrader

dalejrrocks
July 10th, 2006, 20:15
if its a 2.0 right now(u can check by goin in to settings on ur XMB, then system settings, the system info) u can use the mph downgrader, and if its a 2.01 upgrade to 2.5 or 2.6 and use the 2.5/2.6 final downgrader
that's exactly what I said. who cares if it wasn't a 2.5? you can go downgrade. i used the package of off psp-hacks.com

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 20:19
if its at 2.5 then use the downgrader for 2.5/2.6 at www.psp-hacks.com like dalejrrocks said

Anonynewf
July 10th, 2006, 20:22
I really do appreciate you guys trying to help, but here's the simplified situation:

1) The system says it's 2.5 on the system info screen.
2) I can't upgrade my firmware to 2.6 with the 2.6 firmware on psp-hacks.com
3) I've tried using the 2.5 downgrader and it won't work for me. The error msg was: Game could not be started (8002032D)

Is there any hope for me getting to a 1.5 firmware?

Off to work...

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 20:23
do u have a game which requires 2.6 to play or no?

Anonynewf
July 10th, 2006, 20:25
No, but I guess I could rent one, if I knew which ones were 2.6

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 20:31
ok well u should try gettin the 2.6 update somewhere else and try that before u go and rent a game, i'm not even sure what games need 2.6, ohh wait Cars does lol, but try and download the update from another site first, try www.pspupdates.qj.net i used the 2.6 upgrade file from there when i first upgraded to 2.6

Anonynewf
July 10th, 2006, 20:49
thanks I'll give that site a try

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 20:50
no problem :D