PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose what to buy thread...

justicejj91
July 10th, 2006, 21:36
Right now I have:

Electric Blue DS (Firmware version 3 or 6, it turns green during the pictochat test)

4GB Max Media Player HDD

Max Media Player for NDS (the DS cart)

Want I want from my next DS homebrew device-thingy:

I want to be able to play back-ups and DS roms
It should have at least 1 GB of storage
The price range should be about $40-$100 (or a little higher)
The cheaper the better
Will GBA flash carts work fine with the Max Media Player DS cart? If so, it should be a GBA flash cart
It does not need to have amazing media powers, as I have the HDD for that
What do you guys think is better, CF or SD? I will go with either. Preferabbly, the cheaper one, if it is also the higher quality one.
Feel free to leave reccommendations.

Junixx
July 10th, 2006, 21:51
I say an M3 adapter would be your best choice

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 21:55
I agree M3 is the best but a Little price and you should get SD card is better to configure and work with.

justicejj91
July 10th, 2006, 22:02
Thanks. How much does that cost? Can I get a link? I'm still a little confused as to what the M3 even is.

justicejj91
July 10th, 2006, 22:07
o and will I have to flash my ds?

justicejj91
July 10th, 2006, 22:34
o and I don't need a Passkey/Passme or anything because I have the Max Media Player DS cart right? All that I need is an M3 and a SD/CF card right?

Mr_Biggs
July 11th, 2006, 00:29
no, if you have the MML, you dont need a passkey. check out my review for the m3:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=153564#post153564

justicejj91
July 12th, 2006, 01:20
Is it possible to back-up DS games you own on the M3 with Passkey2? That will be the icing on the cake for me.

Mr_Biggs
July 12th, 2006, 02:12
yep, i did it with Splinter cell: chaos theory and it worked on my M3 after patching through the game manager. that's a badass feature for me, as there is a game store that lets me insert DS carts in my DS to playtest them :D of course, i never buy one....

The Hombrew Hunter
July 12th, 2006, 02:18
Splinter Cell is on DS?

Holy s*it. That's new. And man, get Jump Super Stars. My import is sweet...but multi card play bishes!

Uh, I am using an M3 CF. The CF has a little more compatibility than the SD card. But SD seems to be faster.

I can't wait, my m3 and passcard 3 should arrive tomorrow or a few days later.

Junixx
July 15th, 2006, 07:33
Splinter Cell is on DS?

Its been out for some time now i believe....

SSaxdude
July 15th, 2006, 18:45
I have the M3 SD version and it works great. I'm stilll confused about homebrew on it thought. All I've done with it so far is put DS roms on it.